SIAP JESS SIMPSON EXPECTED TO BE MIAMI'S NEW DL COACH

Advertisement
Thx, and people are saying teachers are underpaid. Well this is not the case everywhere apparently.

Go Canes

One of the assistant coaches on Urban Cryer's staff at ohio taint is Kerry Combs. He spent his time at Cincinnati Colerain High School as head coach running the triple option and winning a ton of games. He is taints DB coach and gets rave reviews from Urbs. All the taint fans went crazy when he was hired. Urbs was smart . . . Colerain would send multiple players every year to Michigan and Michigan State. Those cincy kids now go to taint. CMR is smarter and more experienced than ANYONE on this board at football. I trust him. Let the man do his job. What he has done so far is wonderful.

Advertisement
Just a little back story, Jess took over the head coaching spot at Buford from Dexter Wood who was the innovator of recruiting in Georgia. Jess was the DC under Dexter who was a GHSA legend. Dexter convinced Eric Zeier's parents to come to MHS when they moved from Germany. Jess definitely knows how to recruit HS kids, but now we'll see if it translates to the U.

One of the assistant coaches on Urban Cryer's staff at ohio taint is Kerry Combs. He spent his time at Cincinnati Colerain High School as head coach running the triple option and winning a ton of games. He is taints DB coach and gets rave reviews from Urbs. All the taint fans went crazy when he was hired. Urbs was smart . . . Colerain would send multiple players every year to Michigan and Michigan State. Those cincy kids now go to taint. CMR is smarter and more experienced than ANYONE on this board at football. I trust him. Let the man do his job. What he has done so far is wonderful.

You’re wrong on this.

Coombs went to Ohio State after coaching at the University of Cincinnati for 5 years. He joined Cincinnat’s staff after coaching at Colerain.

Meyer didn’t hire him straight from high school.

Coombs is the DB coach for the Tennessee Titans, now. Vrabel hired him.

Adding to jacks post about money, is that Simpson made $174,000 annually at Buford High School.
More than most assistant coaches not in the P5. Could explain and be a fair reasoning for the lack of a track record/climbing the ladder.

The fact that he was in the NFL should fans peace of mind alone... but as far as pay goes this was the next logical step.

Saw someone comparing his NFL stint to Jon Richt... look up the Bills coaching staff that year and you won’t see his name.. he was not that involved. Look up the Falcons staff and you’ll see Simpson.

Advertisement
Richt spent 15 years at UGA, with the majority of his recruiting taking place in that state.........meaning, with the way Jess is worshipped in that state, Richt heard Jess's name from recruits, local high school coaches, parents, college coaches etc....,That carries a lot of weight, not to mention his own interactions with him.

When Richt took the job at our beloved U in 2015, Jess was still in the high school ranks. Since then, Dan Queen brought him to the NFL, specifically focusing on the D-Line. This, coupled with the aforementioned,....The. Hire. Is. Not. Happenstance!

Stop making sense. There is no need for that on this forum!

Go Canes!

I live in Colerain and can’t think of any players from Colerain that went to Ohio State from the last few years I’ve been in this area. There may have been one or two definitely not multiple per year

Advertisement
Looking back at my life I wish I would’ve listened to older people who knew what they were talking about. Especially when they talk about something they do for a living. CMR forgot more about football than most people know on this board. I’m not saying have blind faith but If you think this isnt a great hire than Idk what to tell you.
Saban interviewed him and kp but that doesn’t mean saban didn’t hire them. If a recruit can say no bama so can a grown *** man. We still don’t know if Kool was let go or if he wanted to leave. But it seemed for the last 2 years he was looking for an nfl gig. When that didn’t pan out he went to little Nicky.
And we may never know who was CMR’s first choice. Maybe it was him maybe it was kp. But it doesn’t change the fact that this is a solid hire.
And no I had no idea who he was.

I live in Colerain and can’t think of any players from Colerain that went to Ohio State from the last few years I’ve been in this area. There may have been one or two definitely not multiple per year

Ohio State got Amir Riep from Colerain in last years class. He’s a DB.

But Colerain has sent most of their players to smaller schools because their schemes just don’t translate to the next level.

Advertisement
Ohio State got Amir Riep from Colerain in last years class. He’s a DB.

But Colerain has sent most of their players to smaller schools because their schemes just don’t translate to the next level.
Yea all they do is run

Advertisement
Back