Sheldrick Redwine is the best safety on the team

Advertisement
Did you look at Clemson's schedule they played Furman and GA southern, Tex A&M and an ACC schedule like ours.

And we played FIU and Savannah State. Again - Every. School. Plays. Cupcakes. Texas A&M has the 21st ranked offensive unit in the country, what are you exactly trying to prove there? Clemson also stifled Duke and FSU on the road where we allowed 20 points at home (7 on a KR which I don't hold against the defense). I rank Clemson there because they have a D-line where just about all of them are going in the 1st round of the NFL draft and their track record speaks for itself.

And we played FIU and Savannah State. Again - Every. School. Plays. Cupcakes. Texas A&M has the 21st ranked offensive unit in the country, what are you exactly trying to prove there? Clemson also stifled Duke and FSU on the road where we allowed 20 points at home (7 on a KR which I don't hold against the defense). I rank Clemson there because they have a D-line where just about all of them are going in the 1st round of the NFL draft and their track record speaks for itself.

Track record and where players get drafted is not how I judge how good a defense is. Ereck Flowers went 1st round and it has no bearing on how good that o line was

Advertisement
So you really think our defense is better than Bama, LSU and Michigan's? You can argue that we get more out of our players based on recruitment rankings and where our overall defense gets ranked. But there's no way we're better than any of the above mentioned teams in terms of just defensive unit.

Also, look at the division that Bama and LSU play in. You compare that division to ours, and it's easily better than ours from top-to-bottom.

L-M-A-O. Since when has the SEC been known for offense?

Track record and where players get drafted is not how I judge how good a defense is. Ereck Flowers went 1st round and it has no bearing on how good that o line was

This isn't just one guy from their defensive line that's going into the 1st round, their entire defensive line is looking at a 1st round grade. Grading an O-line is also far different than grading a D-line. If you have one offensive linemen always getting beat on pass protection, it nullifies what the rest of the group does. If you have one defensive lineman that is significantly elite, they draw attention and double teams.

Advertisement
You do realize that the ACC has a tradition of sending a quality QBs to the NFL right? That doesn't happen with trash offenses.

Outside of Trubisky, start naming the starting QBs from the last 5 years from the Coastal division of our conference. I'm also talking about this year, not the past. The quality of competition in Bama's division is better than what we go through in our division. You could also say the same about Clemson as they have to play Syracuse, BC, and NC State whom have all gotten better. Again, I think our defense is elite, I just don't think it's actually the #2 ranked defense in the nation. It's all about eye test.

Advertisement
Also doesn’t allow you to be caught off guard when your team craps it’s pants

I mean, we have a really good defense. It sucks that our offense has been abysmal as it is because we'd probably only have 2 losses on the year if we had a competent offense. Having said that, you can't tell me you look at any of the other teams I mentioned (lets take Michigan out of the equation) and literally think that our defense is on par with Bama, LSU and Clemson. Those defenses consist of several guys that are going to be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Outside of Willis (whom I think slips to 2nd or 3rd simply because he missed the prior season) and possibly Jackson or Garvin, who else on our defense screams 1st round pick? Maybe Hall down the road?

I mean, we have a really good defense. It sucks that our offense has been abysmal as it is because we'd probably only have 2 losses on the year if we had a competent offense. Having said that, you can't tell me you look at any of the other teams I mentioned (lets take Michigan out of the equation) and literally think that our defense is on par with Bama, LSU and Clemson. Those defenses consist of several guys that are going to be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Outside of Willis (whom I think slips to 2nd or 3rd simply because he missed the prior season) and possibly Jackson or Garvin, who else on our defense screams 1st round pick? Maybe Hall down the road?
I agree with all that then you have to include when comparing those teams to us that they have depth at every other position while we have some here and there

Advertisement
I agree with all that then you have to include when comparing those teams to us that they have depth at every other position while we have some here and there

I'm scared to think what our LB depth looks like if Pinckney and Shaq somehow leave early for the draft. We have very little proven depth behind them. I think Huff and Brooks will be elite, but they're only freshmen (when they sign). Solomon might not even come here based on Ivins' update from last week.

I'm scared to think what our LB depth looks like if Pinckney and Shaq somehow leave early for the draft. We have very little proven depth behind them. I think Huff and Brooks will be elite, but they're only freshmen (when they sign). Solomon might not even come here based on Ivins' update from last week.
Don’t even get me started anyone on this team who isn’t a senior shouldn’t declare, but I’m sure they will.

Our backups rn scare me. I really don’t get it with Solomon, dudes family is all cane and he was our “class ambassador” he can easily step into a great opportunity in scheme/pt wise makes no sense to me what so ever.

Which brings me to full circle about us expanding our recruiting blue print because it’s only in south Florida where kids have a problem grasping that they are on the bottom of the totem pole when they step on campus as freshman.

There are 2 posters who throw around the word "elite" all the time on this board and it's pretty clear they have no idea what the word means. The OP obviously gets on his PlayStation after a game and replays them and whoever does best for him he clogs the board up with bull**** hype. I like both our safeties and have been a charter member of the Jaquan Johnson fan club from the jump when a certain poster was still sucking on Jamal Carter's *******.

Go Canes!

Yeah, JJ's the closest one IMO, possibly MJ. But neither are elite. We haven't had an elite corner since 2004 when we had Taylor and Rolle.

Michael Jackson is a top 5 cb at UM all time... I would take him 2nd behind only Antrell Rolle if I was building an All Star UM defense he’s top 2.

Advertisement
Back