Sheldrick Redwine is the best safety on the team

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
Jaquan Johnson is elite so this isn’t a knock on JJ at all still one of the best safeties to play at Miami but so is Sheldrick Redwine.

Redwine has elevated his game imo to an elite level and is just as good if not better than JJ... honestly for the season I give Redwine the slight edge.

He is a hawk over the field, all around playmaker, and has done a great job at being the last line of defense stopping TDs from blown assignments or bc the entire defense was caught slipping.

Both players are NFL caliber and it’s going to take a lot of work to replace what both of them bring as a duo next season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Redwine hasn’t been better than JJ this year. Has he improved yes and he’s going to be playing on sundays.

Two things a guy like Redwine proves..

1) a 3 star recruit from South florida, at a legit school, who has the tools and is coachable should always get a solid look from our staff before we head OOS.
2) We need to start giving these kids time to develop before throwing them to the trash. Redwine was not a board favorite last year in his first season at Safety and after getting a full year under his belt he looks like a stud and an NFL safety.

We will miss both of them next year. Big time.

I think its a push. But, its a good observation to give Redwine his due. He's a very good football player and will play on Sundays for multiple contracts.

Advertisement
Two things a guy like Redwine proves..

1) a 3 star recruit from South florida, at a legit school, who has the tools and is coachable should always get a solid look from our staff before we head OOS.
2) We need to start giving these kids time to develop before throwing them to the trash. Redwine was not a board favorite last year in his first season at Safety and after getting a full year under his belt he looks like a stud and an NFL safety.

We will miss both of them next year. Big time.

We have Carter and Hall starting at Safety next year. The question is who are their backups. I don't think we'll be hurting that much at safety (depends on how our 2nd string looks).

Redwine has more physical skills and is still learning. JJ is one of the most instinctive players we’ve had at that position in the last 10 years.

All I’ll say is Redwine sure writes on that white board a lot.

Kid has improved dramatically over the last two seasons.

Advertisement
Redwine hasn't been better than Johnson this year. JJ's a semi-finalist for the Thorpe award, Redwine didn't even make the list.
Going to trust what I’m watching regardless of a list. Redwine has undoubtedly played better overall than Jaquan this year imo

Jaquan has taken several bad angles in nearly every game since Boston college that have been pretty costly.

We have Carter and Hall starting at Safety next year. The question is who are their backups. I don't think we'll be hurting that much at safety (depends on how our 2nd string looks).
Feel like keontra smith could fill in nicely, similar to carter his freshman year... I could completely wrong but maybe frierson could slip into there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back