Sheldrick Redwine is the best safety on the team

Advertisement
I'm shocked at what a nose for the ball he has developed. My take on him after his first couple of years, which I am pretty sure I wrote on here, was "he should be a backup safety on a good Miami team, if that".

Now he not only tracks the ball, which most of our DBs struggle with, but he is a hitter too.

He’s been the more consistent player of the 2 this year for sure. Jaquan was better as a junior while redwine has been better in their senior season
No one on this team is more consistent than JJ

Do we really need to show plays like the TD pass Francois threw at Redwine where not only did he miss the ball, but didn’t even attempt to make a tackle?

Redwine is a great player but he isnt JJ

What does elite mean? first rounder..........I need to know why is this word being thrown around. Redwine has made money this year though thats a fact, I dont think our safeties are elite cause elite means 1st round type. There good and play tough though
Agreed. I don’t know about “elite”. Depends what your view is. I don’t think either are elite but Jaquan is pretty close.

Advertisement
No one on this team is more consistent than JJ
Can’t agree with this take, last year for sure but this year I think Redwine has been more consistent. In the pass game and for the most part taking better angles this year. I can Point to specific examples in each game since the Boston college game that Jaquan has had a bunch of false steps which has been pretty costly to Miami this year in the losing streak

Can’t agree with this take, last year for sure but this year I think Redwine has been more consistent. In the pass game and for the most part taking better angles this year. I can Point to specific examples in each game since the Boston college game that Jaquan has had a bunch of false steps which has cost Miami this year in the losing streak
I elaborate on my post. Redwine has had some bad moments this year

I’m not going to go into it though because I’m not gonna bash that kid.

Two things a guy like Redwine proves..

1) a 3 star recruit from South florida, at a legit school, who has the tools and is coachable should always get a solid look from our staff before we head OOS.
2) We need to start giving these kids time to develop before throwing them to the trash. Redwine was not a board favorite last year in his first season at Safety and after getting a full year under his belt he looks like a stud and an NFL safety.

We will miss both of them next year. Big time.

True... Every freshman isn’t ready right away. It takes some guys 3 to 4 years to develop.

Advertisement
I elaborate on my post. Redwine has had some bad moments this year

I’m not going to go into it though because I’m not gonna bash that kid.

His bad moments are few and far in between and not as extreme as your post make it out to be.

If we’re being honest JJ has had more bad moments than Redwine and Redwine has made way more impact plays that stand out more his mistakes.

The staff has shown an impressive ability to turn 3 star guys into impressive defensive backs.

His bad moments are few and far in between and not as extreme as your post make it out to be.

If we’re being honest JJ has had more bad moments than Redwine and Redwine has made way more impact plays that stand out more than any of his mistakes.
me saying “Redwine has had some bad moments” is extreme?

CMon dude.

Regardless it’s not like I’m saying you’re dead wrong. Redwine is a bigger play guy, JJ is more consistent. We notice more when JJ makes a mistake because it’s so rare.

Either way, these dudes are both big reasons I still try and watch our games

We are going to miss them bigtime

Advertisement
All good stuff for Redwine our DB's are playing aggressively with that type of play mistakes will happen but they have all the intention of dominating . So a flag here and there I have NO issue with at all as long as the dominate play is the result and we all know turnover chain is broken out quite often.

Coaches very rarely will they jump on a player for aggressive mistakes , it's a time to coach them up with a better way to kick azzz.

Very happy with our crew back there....

Oh how did you all feel when Bandy went down , I at first got his teeth / chin bloodied by a cleet kick to the face..

Redwine and JJ are the same player.

Both hit, have range, and both can be relied upon to be the final line of defense up the middle.

How about putting bandy at Free Safety next year along with Gurvan? IMO, we should just be running tall corners due to their bump/run ability for our zone blitzing scheme.

I DON'T WANT ANOTHER PERSON ON THE TEAM BEING THE LAST TACKLER BESIDES TRAJAN BANDY NEXT YEAR..

I called it.

Advertisement
Huh? Jaquan hasn't been perfect, but this is a bit of a reach.
All I can Say is just watch the film, it’s been pretty apparent imo

Vs bc
The missed pick when it was 7-7 that went right through Jaquan’s hand instead it was a completion. That was a potential game changing play.

Multiple bad fits in the run game including on the first play where the rb would have scored if not for redwine td saving tackle. Redwine by the way played amazing that game.

Vs ga tech
Some more bad run fits vs tech including when Marshall scored a touchdown rushing he was one on one with him and got beat.

On 2 of the 4 passing plays we gave up vs ga tech the one bandy got scored on Jaquan was supposed to be over top and he didn’t cover that responsibility and when mike jack got a pass caught on him on 3rd down he should have been in that vicinity to help make a play on the ball as well.

Vs va tech after the big hit vs the va tech rb the qb ran through Jaquan pretty much and he had a few more bad run fits.

Jaquan is great player but this is just what I’ve seen this year

Last edited:
He has elevated his game this year that’s a fact. JJ has been hampered by a hamstring also..but I take nothing away from Redwine. This D overall took the next step this year

Advertisement
Back