Sheldrick Redwine is the best safety on the team

Advertisement
Going to trust what I’m watching regardless of a list. Redwine has undoubtedly played better overall than Jaquan this year imo

Jaquan has taken several bad angles in nearly every game since Boston college that have been pretty costly.

Yep. I love JJ but he he lacks certain attributes for me to call him 'elite' and has taken a step backwards in terms of run support. Redwine has had a more impactful season.

Put JJ in Redwines body and you have an elite college safety.

Redwine and JJ are the same player.

Both hit, have range, and both can be relied upon to be the final line of defense up the middle.

How about putting bandy at Free Safety next year along with Gurvan? IMO, we should just be running tall corners due to their bump/run ability for our zone blitzing scheme.

I DON'T WANT ANOTHER PERSON ON THE TEAM BEING THE LAST TACKLER BESIDES TRAJAN BANDY NEXT YEAR..

I called it.

I always liked the idea of Bandy playing safety, his skill set would be better utilized as a FS imo his range and hitting ability would be on full display more often.

Imo He’s a very good corner but his height limits his ability to make up if he gets beat and also can get blocked out by bigger receivers. Still would slide him down as a Nickel In spread formations.

Advertisement
Lol you have early signs of dementia might want to get that checked out.

Redwin, JJ, MJ, and Bandy are all elite cfb dbs you knock our players bc Richt is the Head Coach and you just want to bxtch at every turn
Only an Elite Idiot would call ANY UM DB on the team Elite...Good??...Yes....Elite...GTFOH

All I can Say is just watch the film, it’s been pretty apparent imo

Vs bc
The missed pick when it was 7-7 that went right through Jaquan’s hand instead it was a completion. That was a potential game changing play.

Multiple bad fits in the run game including on the first play where the rb would have scored if not for redwine td saving tackle. Redwine by the way played amazing that game.

Vs ga tech
Some more bad run fits vs tech including when Marshall scored a touchdown rushing he was one on one with him and got beat.

On 2 of the 4 passing plays we gave up vs ga tech the one bandy got scored on Jaquan was supposed to be over top and he didn’t cover that responsibility and when mike jack got a pass caught on him on 3rd down he should have been in that vicinity to help make a play on the ball as well.

Vs va tech after the big hit vs the va tech rb the qb ran through Jaquan pretty much and he had a few more bad run fits.

Jaquan is great player but this is just what I’ve seen this year

I've watched every single game. Don't need to go back and watch the film. The BC play was a fluke play. How about we list the plays that Redwine missed on as well? This is not a knock on Redwine. But to say he's been better than JJ is reaching.

Advertisement
We are ranked 3 in Total defense and 2 in passing yards allowed and some think that we have no elite dbs. I would have to disagree respectfully. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/695

We also don't play the best offenses in our own division. We're a really really good defense, but don't let the stats fool you. We're a top 10 defense, I'd still take LSU and Bama over ours, along with Michigans. Our secondary is good, but it's not elite.

Advertisement
The word "elite" gets thrown around too much and so the word has been watered down. Neither of them are really "elite" in terms of being high-level draft picks. Their tapes aren't going to "wow" you but they are solid players. In my opinion, there hasn't been a truly elite safety at UM since probably Kenny Phillips.

We also don't play the best offenses in our own division. We're a really really good defense, but don't let the stats fool you. We're a top 10 defense, I'd still take LSU and Bama over ours, along with Michigans. Our secondary is good, but it's not elite.
A lot of those teams don’t play elite offenses either, LSU and bama certainly don’t so why is Miami scrutinized for that? Michigan pads stats against slow big ten offenses but we don’t hear people constantly diminish their efforts as an elite defense

Advertisement
The word "elite" gets thrown around too much and so the word has been watered down. Neither of them are really "elite" in terms of being high-level draft picks. Their tapes aren't going to "wow" you but they are solid players. In my opinion, there hasn't been a truly elite safety at UM since probably Kenny Phillips.

Jaquan was elite as a junior and the best safety in the country

This "Elite" word gets tossed about waayyyy to much....These so-called Elite DBs wouldn't have started on ANY UM NC team....

Second coming of any of our all time greats could be on our current and you would think they wouldn’t be able to start for past Miami teams. You are a nostalgic thinker and will always think like that as you do with Butch Davis and any other past Miami relevant topic or person

proxy-5.jpg

Still not Elite....This DB Crew ****s all over everything we have....

As I stated in my post, I believe the last real elite safety to play at UM was Kenny Phillips. If you don't share that opinion, that is completely fine. But you saying JJ is elite doesn't mean he's actually elite. It is simply your opinion.

Advertisement
Back