Sheldrick Redwine is the best safety on the team

Advertisement
Redwine, props to him, has played his way into the draft. Prior to this year, he was most likely going to have to make it FA style. That is not "elite." Jaquan has great instincts, solid football IQ, and hits hard. He is undersized and not particularly fast. Also not elite. Jackson was the physical tools but his coverage skills are not on part with a top-flight 1st rd draft pick. He has the potential to go 1st round but wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if he doesn't.

So you really think our defense is better than Bama, LSU and Michigan's? You can argue that we get more out of our players based on recruitment rankings and where our overall defense gets ranked. But there's no way we're better than any of the above mentioned teams in terms of just defensive unit.

Also, look at the division that Bama and LSU play in. You compare that division to ours, and it's easily better than ours from top-to-bottom.

We have an elite defense point blank period.

Advertisement
So you really think our defense is better than Bama, LSU and Michigan's? You can argue that we get more out of our players based on recruitment rankings and where our overall defense gets ranked. But there's no way we're better than any of the above mentioned teams in terms of just defensive unit.

Also, look at the division that Bama and LSU play in. You compare that division to ours, and it's easily better than ours from top-to-bottom.
Miami is statistically better in **** near every category on defense compared to bama and LSU outside of scoring defense but we know while it’s ultimately on the defense ours have been put in rough situations due to the offense too. Just because it’s bama and LSU doesn’t mean our guys ain’t balling. I’ll give them the credit for improving on what was a major flaw last year(3rd down defense).

Here are the total defense rankings. #Facts

1. Michigan
3. Miami
7. Alabama
25. LSU

Do yall just make sch*t up????

Look who Bama and LSU play, look at whom we play? You guys probably think UCF is worthy of their ranking as well. Miami's got a good defense, but don't let overall rankings fool you, we play lesser opponents than the other 3 schools.

Advertisement
Look who Bama and LSU play, look at whom we play? You guys probably think UCF is worthy of their ranking as well. Miami's got a good defense, but don't let overall rankings fool you, we play lesser opponents than the other 3 schools.

These rankings aren't based off of opinions these are facts.

Has taken a big step forward for sure. Credit to him

I thought he was the weak link of the D last year, but he is having an all-conf type year

These rankings aren't based off of opinions these are facts.

And we have soft schedule. The only elite offense we've played all year is Toledo. Look at the team that Miami and Bama played. LSU scored 33 on us (7 of which on a pick six), Bama shut them out in their own stadium. Again, we have a top 10 defense. But we don't have the 2nd best defense in the nation.

Advertisement
And we have soft schedule. The only elite offense we've played all year is Toledo. Look at the team that Miami and Bama played. LSU scored 33 on us (7 of which on a pick six), Bama shut them out in their own stadium. Again, we have a top 10 defense. But we don't have the 2nd best defense in the nation.

Alabama just played Citadel. LMFAO. U sure you a Miami fan?? I guarantee if Alabama had our punter and Rosier LSU scores 28 easily. Cmon bro give Miami its due with top 10 defenses there isn't much separation. This is the best defense we have had here in a loooong time.

I think it’s fair to say that we have an elite defense this year but few individual elite players. I’d say Willis is elite, best DT we’ve had in a long time.

Willis is the one guy that's elite on this defense (outside of Garvin and possibly Joe Jackson). The odd thing is, he'll possibly slip somehow to the 2nd and 3rd round given that he's having a bounce back year since taking the previous year off.

Alabama just played Citadel. LMFAO. U sure you a Miami fan?? I guarantee if Alabama had our punter and Rosier LSU scores 28 easily. Cmon bro give Miami its due with top 10 defenses there isn't much separation. This is the best defense we have had here in a loooong time.

I am a Miami fan. Did we not play Savannah State and FIU? Every team plays cup cakes. I'm a die hard Miami fan, but I've also learned not to be a homer. Just because this is the best defense we've had in a long time (when you consider we just came off the Al Golden era), it doesn't automatically put us as the best defense in the nation. I also just said that Miami does have a top 10 defense. I just don't think it's the 2nd best defense in the nation. Look at the teams we face, not exactly world beaters.

Advertisement
I am a Miami fan. Did we not play Savannah State and FIU? Every team plays cup cakes. I'm a die hard Miami fan, but I've also learned not to be a homer. Just because this is the best defense we've had in a long time (when you consider we just came off the Al Golden era), it doesn't automatically put us as the best defense in the nation. I also just said that Miami does have a top 10 defense. I just don't think it's the 2nd best defense in the nation. Look at the teams we face, not exactly world beaters.

So according to you who are your top 5 defenses?

Advertisement
Back