Sheldrick Redwine is the best safety on the team

Advertisement
our Safeties under this staff have been very solid

Carter/Jenkins & Jaquan/Redwine

Jaquan's play last year was the closest to Elite we've gotten in 10-15 years. He hasn't had as many game changing plays this year but he's been very solid

Redwine has taken the next step this year and has really played well. Him and JJ will be missed next year.

Need Carter and Gurvan to make big leaps in the off-season

Advertisement
And we played FIU and Savannah State. Again - Every. School. Plays. Cupcakes. Texas A&M has the 21st ranked offensive unit in the country, what are you exactly trying to prove there? Clemson also stifled Duke and FSU on the road where we allowed 20 points at home (7 on a KR which I don't hold against the defense). I rank Clemson there because they have a D-line where just about all of them are going in the 1st round of the NFL draft and their track record speaks for itself.

Stop trying so hard to discount the team your a supposed "die hard fan." According to NCAA statistics the average total offense each team's defense has faced is:
Alabama -- 61.18
LSU -- 61.27
Miami -- 62.9

Not much difference in the Offenses they play.

Bandy might eclipse mike jack before his time is done here

Certainly seems that way with how he's progressing. I want it for Rumph. Outside of him lacking a "salesman" approach in recruiting, the other knock on him was lack of resume. I really really want Jackson to go in the 1st round, because he's been his position coach for 3 years. Before that, some thought Jackson was a JAG. If Rumph could put that on his resume, it would certainly help him out with blue chip guys going forward.

Stop trying so hard to discount the team your a supposed "die hard fan." According to NCAA statistics the average total offense each team's defense has faced is:
Alabama -- 61.18
LSU -- 61.27
Miami -- 62.9

Not much difference in the Offenses they play.

This is what I'm talking about. If I don't say we have the clear cut #1 defense, you're not a Miami fan. I just said earlier that I think we have the fifth best defense in the nation.

Advertisement
Certainly seems that way with how he's progressing. I want it for Rumph. Outside of him lacking a "salesman" approach in recruiting, the other knock on him was lack of resume. I really really want Jackson to go in the 1st round, because he's been his position coach for 3 years. Before that, some thought Jackson was a JAG. If Rumph could put that on his resume, it would certainly help him out with blue chip guys going forward.
Not sure if Jackson goes 1st round but 2nd-3rd round I think He will end up somewhere there

Advertisement
This is what I'm talking about. If I don't say we have the clear cut #1 defense, you're not a Miami fan. I just said earlier that I think we have the fifth best defense in the nation.

I'm not bashing, but you kept saying that we played FIU and Savannah St while ****ting on the rest of our schedule and propping up Bama & LSU's schedule. All you had to do was say you thought they were top 5 not the where they're ranked. You went into the teams schedule and the offenses played trying to prop up your opinion and you're way off.

Why discount who we play, but make it seem like those teams play world beaters week in and out? I just wanted to point out that we've played basically all the same offenses.

Lets see what you say about this...one could argue that our coaches are doing a **** ton more with a **** ton less. LSU has 9 top 100 players starting on their D, we have 1. I'm not sure about bama, but i would venture to guess they're the same or better. However i bet you wouldn't say our coaches are better would you? Even though the stats support that idea.

I think every draft eligible players, with the exception of Dean, will be off the board by early round 4. I think Red has played his way into late 3rd or 4th round. Think JJ and MJack have a chance to go second round, with JJ maybe coming off sooner. All it takes is one team to like what they see

Advertisement
I'm not bashing, but you kept saying that we played FIU and Savannah St while ****ting on the rest of our schedule and propping up Bama & LSU's schedule. All you had to do was say you thought they were top 5 not the where they're ranked. You went into the teams schedule and the offenses played trying to prop up your opinion and you're way off.

Why discount who we play, but make it seem like those teams play world beaters week in and out? I just wanted to point out that we've played basically all the same offenses.

Lets see what you say about this...one could argue that our coaches are doing a **** ton more with a **** ton less. LSU has 9 top 100 players starting on their D, we have 1. I'm not sure about bama, but i would venture to guess they're the same or better. However i bet you wouldn't say our coaches are better would you? Even though the stats support that idea.

I mentioned FIU and Savannah State because another poster laughed at me for bringing up Bama's schedule when they just played Citadel. I said Miami's got an elite top 5 defense. I said the only defenses that were better are the teams mentioned which include Clemson and Bama; that's hardly an insult considering those may be your final two teams in the national title game. Bama plays in a much more difficult division than we do; where's the debate there? Clemson has played a slightly more difficult schedule than we have, where's the debate there?

I have also said the bolded that although we may not be more talented on the defensive side over LSU, Bama and Clemson; you could make the argument that we do get more production out of our guys compared to the abundant amount of 4 and 5 stars that those teams trot out. On the flip side, at least we can agree we have a significantly better defense than UGA that out-recruits us, yet doesn't defend as well as we do.

I mentioned FIU and Savannah State because another poster laughed at me for bringing up Bama's schedule when they just played Citadel. I said Miami's got an elite top 5 defense. I said the only defenses that were better are the teams mentioned which include Clemson and Bama; that's hardly an insult considering those may be your final two teams in the national title game. Bama plays in a much more difficult division than we do; where's the debate there? Clemson has played a slightly more difficult schedule than we have, where's the debate there?

I have also said the bolded that although we may not be more talented on the defensive side over LSU, Bama and Clemson; you could make the argument that we do get more production out of our guys compared to the abundant amount of 4 and 5 stars that those teams trot out. On the flip side, at least we can agree we have a significantly better defense than UGA that out-recruits us, yet doesn't defend as well as we do.
Are you sure they play in a "much more" difficult division than us? I mean there's bama and LSU then a bunch of ****** teams that are ranked based on where they started the year. Arkansas, Miss ST, Auburn, Ole Miss. I mean it's literally like the Coastal, again the difference is not that drastic as you make it seem

Are you sure they play in a "much more" difficult division than us? I mean there's bama and LSU then a bunch of ****** teams that are ranked based on where they started the year. Arkansas, Miss ST, Auburn, Ole Miss. I mean it's literally like the Coastal, again the difference is not that drastic as you make it seem

Auburn would be the best team in our division. Ole Miss and Miss State are average. Arkansas is trash. You're also forgetting Texas A&M who also would win our division as well. Think about it, Pitt a 7-4 team just won our division. Take Bama out of the equation, and that division is still better than ours.

Auburn would be the best team in our division. Ole Miss and Miss State are average. Arkansas is trash. You're also forgetting Texas A&M who also would win our division as well. Think about it, Pitt a 7-4 team just won our division. Take Bama out of the equation, and that division is still better than ours.
You keep saying these things like they're facts cause you said it. What makes you say that? Auburn lost to Tenn, but yet they're winning our division right? I mean actually they should win our division cause they have both recruited and have top 10 roster talents, but look at where theyre at, but yet they would win our division right?

No more back and forth, it's dumb, but i just don't get why people discount everything about our team to try and prop up other teams.

Advertisement
Back