Sheldrick Redwine is the best safety on the team

Second coming of any of our all time greats could be on our current and you would think they wouldn’t be able to start for past Miami teams. You are a nostalgic thinker and will always think like that as you do with Butch Davis and any other past Miami relevant topic or person
Bottomline.....I'm right

Advertisement
View attachment 69380
Still not Elite....This DB Crew ****s all over everything we have....

This db group we have is ranked #2 in the country in pass defense, quit acting like they ain’t sh*t and while our pass rush has been good overall in the year before last game it was non existent in the previous 3 or so the dbs have had to cover a lot of ground and didn’t get beat much deep. They gave up their longest past of the season for 45 yards vs va tech in game 11... Have 3 players with 3 ints and all of the starters are playing at a high level

This db group we have is ranked #2 in the country in pass defense, quit acting like they ain’t sh*t and while our pass rush has been good overall in the year before last game it was non existent in the previous 3 or so the dbs have had to cover a lot of ground and didn’t get beat much deep. They gave up their longest past of the season for 45 yards vs va tech in game 11...
Quit putting words in my mouth...never said they were ****...but they are NOT elite....

Advertisement
Advertisement
DE55289A-C752-441C-8719-0BD0DD56E5E0.gif

UMs ELITE DBs are as follows...
Sean
Reed
Rolle
Darryl Williams
McNeil
Phillips
Marion
Owens.....
All those players wipe their Azzes with our DBs....
Bennie blades?
**** at first i thought it was just a hard on for Butch Davis, now I see lol..

Advertisement
The word "elite" gets thrown around too much and so the word has been watered down. Neither of them are really "elite" in terms of being high-level draft picks. Their tapes aren't going to "wow" you but they are solid players. In my opinion, there hasn't been a truly elite safety at UM since probably Kenny Phillips.

Forgot about Kenny Phillips. Outside of Taylor and Rolle, he's the last elite player we've had in the secondary for quite some time.

Advertisement
A lot of those teams don’t play elite offenses either, LSU and bama certainly don’t so why is Miami scrutinized for that? Michigan pads stats against slow big ten offenses but we don’t hear people constantly diminish their efforts as an elite defense

So you really think our defense is better than Bama, LSU and Michigan's? You can argue that we get more out of our players based on recruitment rankings and where our overall defense gets ranked. But there's no way we're better than any of the above mentioned teams in terms of just defensive unit.

Also, look at the division that Bama and LSU play in. You compare that division to ours, and it's easily better than ours from top-to-bottom.

Advertisement
Back