power clean
front squat
back squat
push press
thrusters
clean and jerk
pull-ups
i'm like a fish on the line….
i don't care what you did at 20. what can you do at 45 vern (guessing age)

i use to do sets of 20 x 225 bench with 27 reps being a high mark for me.

Advertisement
as a senior in highschool i squatted 460x1 benched 235x12 and my max for powerclean was an abysmal 225
im only 22 now for the dude who wants all the numbers

this was at 17

Last edited:
Advertisement
Any word on that shoulder ailment he had during the season? I'd assume if we haven't heard anything by now, it's all good news.
I can't imagine him going that hard in the squat rack with a shoulder injury
Did you catch Homer's squat rep? Thought you'd appreciate it. Dude has great flexibility. Great form and, if I remember correctly, was also 400+.

Advertisement
465 is decent.

He's 19 years old.

Ok. And?

What do you think a 19 year old college Linebacker's squat should be? I'd say mid 400's is bare minimum IMO. (just going off of what I've seen kids do and what I was around when I played)

He's a phenomenal player though. Wasn't trying to downplay the lift, just said it was decent rather than going all crazy about it like it's unheard of.

Last edited:
Most Ive done is 365... gets scary after that
love reading about peoples "good OLD days"
i'll bite
tell us what you can do TODAY please
Shaq did that TODAY 3/10/2017
let's go with the basics
dead lift
power clean
front squat
back squat
push press
thrusters
clean and jerk
pull-ups

I can do 20 c0ckpushups

Do you mean crank-ups, have become an extremely popular exercise, maybe Brock can get the cybermetrics for you to compare? THoujghts

465 is decent.

He's 19 years old.

Ok. And?

What do you think a 19 year old college Linebacker's squat should be? I'd say mid 400's is bare minimum IMO. (just going off of what I've seen kids do and what I was around when I played)

He's a phenomenal player though. Wasn't trying to downplay the lift, just said it was decent rather than going all crazy about it like it's unheard of.

I'd have to agree with you there. I played D 1 ball and I did over 500 but it means nothing cuz I wasn't a stud like him. He's right where he should be. Now Homer is impressive for his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
465 is decent.

He's 19 years old.

Ok. And?

you're a ****.

Any word on that shoulder ailment he had during the season? I'd assume if we haven't heard anything by now, it's all good news.
I can't imagine him going that hard in the squat rack with a shoulder injury
Did you catch Homer's squat rep? Thought you'd appreciate it. Dude has great flexibility. Great form and, if I remember correctly, was also 400+.
I just watched it. It amazes me how strong some of these young kids are at that age. Nowhere near physically developed but still throwing 2.5 times their body weight with great depth.

Sometimes depth can be a little misleading as far as translating into the field (depending on positions sometimes) but it still shows great flexibility and for a running back like Homer that's a great sign. It can be overblown but when you see him do things like that, and you mention the "pop" he shows on the field, I think it's safe to make some assumptions.

Yea 465 is "decent" for someone that either recently had shoulder surgery, or had a shoulder problem where surgery was considered a viable option just a month or two ago.

Even without a shoulder problem, this is an example of the law of diminishing returns. Is it worth it for a middle linebacker to expend the energy and injury risk to try to max single reps and get to 480 or 500? Especially when it's hard to correlate this with improved performance?

Improving overall strength is extremely important throughout a college career, more important than just this one factor.

Advertisement
Most Ive done is 365... gets scary after that
love reading about peoples "good OLD days"
i'll bite
tell us what you can do TODAY please
Shaq did that TODAY 3/10/2017
let's go with the basics
dead lift
power clean
front squat
back squat
push press
thrusters
clean and jerk
pull-ups

I can do 20 c0ckpushups

So can I

jfROZnR.jpg

465 is decent.

He's 19 years old.

Ok. And?

"Back when I played......"

IMG_1781.jpg

465 is decent.

He's 19 years old.

Ok. And?

"Back when I played......"

View attachment 43549

exactly

Advertisement
Back