Shannon UF DC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow, the people that say he was not a good dc need to stop cause the facts don't add up.

You either hate him cause he failed as our head coach, cause he is a former player and coach and now he is in direct competition with us the get the best recruits or you just don't know what your talking about. From 01 till 06, he had a top 7 defense in 5 of those 6 years. That is the definition of a great dc. Some may say he had great talent and I agree. What many people are forgetting is the talent started falling off around 2004. 2005 and 2006 did not have the same talent as year past yet he was till able to still have great defenses. Just look at the amount of guys drafted and their draft rounds and you will see they were not at the same talent level as those recent years.

If you hate Randy for failing as our hc, then that's fine. I want Randy to do good based on the fact that he was a um guy to the bones. Don't get me wrong, I was not happy we were losing but now its just water under the bridge.

More importantly, he is the dc for Florida and I got a problem with that. I am afraid that he will have success as their dc. Randy has proven that when he has talent that the team will be good on defense. None the less we still gonna be able to get top recruiting classes in the 2 to 3 years we will be back to being a top football program

Advertisement
Wow, the people that say he was not a good dc need to stop cause the facts don't add up.

You either hate him cause he failed as our head coach, cause he is a former player and coach and now he is in direct competition with us the get the best recruits or you just don't know what your talking about. From 01 till 06, he had a top 7 defense in 5 of those 6 years. That is the definition of a great dc. Some may say he had great talent and I agree. What many people are forgetting is the talent started falling off around 2004. 2005 and 2006 did not have the same talent as year past yet he was till able to still have great defenses. Just look at the amount of guys drafted and their draft rounds and you will see they were not at the same talent level as those recent years.

If you hate Randy for failing as our hc, then that's fine. I want Randy to do good based on the fact that he was a um guy to the bones. Don't get me wrong, I was not happy we were losing but now its just water under the bridge.

More importantly, he is the dc for Florida and I got a problem with that. I am afraid that he will have success as their dc. Randy has proven that when he has talent that the team will be good on defense. None the less we still gonna be able to get top recruiting classes in the 2 to 3 years we will be back to being a top football program

I don't really dislike Shannon, I've always said him getting hired wasn't his fault, but once he became a Gator he was dead to me.

Advertisement
Kirby Smart was the defensive coordinator at Alabama from 2008-2015. During his tenure his average total defense ranking was 3.38. Was/is he some defensive mastermind? Or did he just happen to coach the team with the best players?

Advertisement
A Patrick Nix offense murdered Randy Shannon's defense in 2006 (a year we played a weak schedule btw).

Let that sink in a minute.

Advertisement
Back