Shannon UF DC

Advertisement
2006, we went 7-6. The talent level drop off, but this dude still posted a Top 10 defense, #7 to be exact. Terrible HC, game management sucked, but when it comes to being a DC, he's one of the best. His first game as a DC in 11 years, and he ate Iowa, alive and that was with Backups.

2019 will be interesting if he's still there!

One of the best there is yet he hasn't been a DC for 11 years???? Hmmmm....something isn't adding up here....

5 year he was a HC, the other, maybe he didn't want to do it. Who knows! The problem we're going to face with him at UF is that we're going after the same type of players for almost the same type of scheme. There's going to be a serious recruiting wars with him.

Yeah, you are probably right. Probably had all kinds of offers to be a DC. Probably just didn't wan to. That seems legit.

Advertisement
2006, we went 7-6. The talent level drop off, but this dude still posted a Top 10 defense, #7 to be exact. Terrible HC, game management sucked, but when it comes to being a DC, he's one of the best. His first game as a DC in 11 years, and he ate Iowa, alive and that was with Backups.

2019 will be interesting if he's still there!

It's Iowa. Everyone knew that offense was garbage.

Hope he gives up historically bad numbers in every single game. ******* turncoat gaytor faquit

Advertisement
Prepare for them to get beat up by mobile QBs and crossing patterns and throws to the RB

Yep. I think Iowa's more traditional power based offense played into his strengths and his defense showed out. I am not sure that he is able to call the type of defenses/or make the adjustments for spread attacks with mobile qbs. I think Diaz' defenses with exotic looks to confuse the offense are the way to handle the spread/RPO type attacks that are now common in college.

I guess we'll see. Maybe he has learned a thing or two. Wish him well though as long as he is not poaching our recruits.

I personally couldn't stand him as a Def. coordinator/head coach here, however in fairness, I'm sure he's picked up a few valuable tid bits under Patterson, Arkansas and UF.

Advertisement
So, is UF just going to run man under, cover two every single play regardless of down and distance? Randy Shannon's best skill as a defensive coordinator was getting out of his players' way. Calling him a star coordinator is akin to crediting Kirby Smart for everything Bama had done the last few years.

It takes serious innovation to penetrate a Randy Shannon defense. I am talking about QB draws, crossing routes, bootlegs, TE curls-- NFL stuff really.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back