Shannon UF DC

jnf2257

Junior
Gators just promoted Randy to DC. I know some people were hoping he'd just GTFO of there, but looks like he's staying for at least one more year. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses this as a stepping stone to a HC job with some small school next year.

Advertisement
Say what u want but that boi can coach defense. Hopefully he only stays there one more season.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We'll see. I don't think he'll be any better than their last DC. But this probably means the Heritage kids are all Gator for sure as Chad Wilson will push them all to his boy to succeed. I was hoping USF or a small school would have already offered him for HC.

Advertisement
Gators just promoted Randy to DC. I know some people were hoping he'd just GTFO of there, but looks like he's staying for at least one more year. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses this as a stepping stone to a HC job with some small school next year.

I hope horsetooth gets fired and they promote Shannon to HC so he can set their program back ten years like he did ours.

We'll see. I don't think he'll be any better than their last DC. But this probably means the Heritage kids are all Gator for sure as Chad Wilson will push them all to his boy to succeed. I was hoping USF or a small school would have already offered him for HC.

It's hard in college game to go from position coach to head coach. That's why I think this was a necessary step for him if he does want to be a HC again. Sucks for recruiting this year, but maybe this will get him leaving UF a little faster?

Some people overrate Shannon as a defensive coordinator as well. He's not D'Onofrio level, but he's not the end all be all either. His success came from those ridiculous early 2000's Canes teams. Hope he crashes and burns as DC over there.

Advertisement
LOL Shannon is the best D cord we have had since the one we got now since the 80's. He will excel there . He isn't a head coach type but boy can he coach them up and recruit them.

Advertisement
Such an overrated coach. His Defense was the most predictable D I have ever seen. It was like watching a pro-bowl Defense. It was always 4-3 cover 2 where not a single player ever moved. He would only blitz when the opposing team was inside our 20. The facts speak for themselves, Miami's Defense regressed under him as our talent level went down. The fact it took him till 2017 to get a DC position speaks wonders about him. It'll be his last.

Last edited:
LOL Shannon is the best D cord we have had since the one we got now since the 80's. He will excel there . He isn't a head coach type but boy can he coach them up and recruit them.

please he had pro bowlers all over that roster

Advertisement
Prepare for them to get beat up by mobile QBs and crossing patterns and throws to the RB

Yep. I think Iowa's more traditional power based offense played into his strengths and his defense showed out. I am not sure that he is able to call the type of defenses/or make the adjustments for spread attacks with mobile qbs. I think Diaz' defenses with exotic looks to confuse the offense are the way to handle the spread/RPO type attacks that are now common in college.

I guess we'll see. Maybe he has learned a thing or two. Wish him well though as long as he is not poaching our recruits.

2006, we went 7-6. The talent level drop off, but this dude still posted a Top 10 defense, #7 to be exact. Terrible HC, game management sucked, but when it comes to being a DC, he's one of the best. His first game as a DC in 11 years, and he ate Iowa, alive and that was with Backups.

2019 will be interesting if he's still there!

Advertisement
Back