Serious question?

Isn't it a fairer comparison to do this after the 2021 season has concluded? Pointing out who received All-American honors at the end of that season and who was drafted in the 1st round as support for any 2001 guy over a 2021 guy is just unfair. Somebody could blow up this season.

That said, I'd probably take Harley over Jones/Beard. And yeah, I probably roll with Hedley, but a lot of people are ****ting on Capshaw. Dude was All-Conference and a finalist for the Ray Guy Award. And he scored a ******* TD against FSU in 2001.

Advertisement
What team is the most talented team in college football in 2021? Alabama? Ohio State? Would anyone on either of those teams have started on Miami 2001?

Also, offensively the game is completely different. Would I want Ken Dorsey running the zone read? Probably about as much as I’d want D’Eriq King taking 5 step drops from under center in the I formation.

I would probably take Mike Harley over Ethenic Sands or Kevin Beard. Or whoever was the opposite receiver of Dre. But once again, totally different game. Totally different styles.
I dunno, but plenty of teams would have starters outside the punter. I do know that.

Advertisement
I'm sure plenty of teams would have starters besides the punter. It was not meant to say we suck, you came up with that take, that was not my intention
I wasn't saying you were, just that the comparison is difficult for any team. There has never been a collection of talent like that before or since.

Advertisement
How can we even know if they haven’t even played.

12 months ago anyone saying jalean Phillips would have been ridiculed. Same with Rousseau the year before.

How can we even know if they haven’t even played.

12 months ago anyone saying jalean Phillips would have been ridiculed. Same with Rousseau the year before.
I just threw it out there off what we have seen, no need for people to get riled up by it, just a question.

/15-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say:

- Methcie > Beard
- Harris > CC (although close)
- Neal > Joaquin
I have seen 8 or so Bama players in Round 1 of way too early 2022 mocks. I even saw a few Canes in some. Those 3 for sure and I think one of the DE's would have chance and maybe Moore or Battle at safety but I'm partial to Lewis so would have to think more on that.

Advertisement
Everyone on that 2001 OL trained together like ****'s w/ NFL alums all year round.

The 2001 OL, to a man, had a commitment to keeping Dorsey's jersey spotlessly clean like I've NEVER seen in CFB since

Two things for sure, IF anyone on the current OL had that kind of commitment to on & off season training like the 2001 members had ....they'd be Stars right NOW.....2nd The only way anyone on the current squad would even be able to compete for a position on that 2001 team would be IF they were willing to go far beyond what they've ever been doing.

I dunno, but plenty of teams would have starters outside the punter. I do know that.
How many 2021 Alabama players would start for 2001 Miami? Maybe one? Two of you want to split hairs? Also, I’m talking about position for position like LT for LT or WLB for WLB.

Advertisement
How many 2021 Alabama players would start for 2001 Miami? Maybe one? Two of you want to split hairs? Also, I’m talking about position for position like LT for LT or WLB for WLB.
Neal, Harris, Metchie for sure. It would be close between Moore/Battle for the Safety spot opposite Lewis and I love Lewis. Off the top of my head. So more than just THE PUNTER.

Neal, Harris, Metchie for sure. It would be close between Moore/Battle for the Safety spot opposite Lewis and I love Lewis. Off the top of my head. So more than just THE PUNTER.
So the most talented team in 2021 might have two, possibly three guys who would have started for Miami in 2001. No surprises there. It’s the greatest team of all time.

So the most talented team in 2021 might have two, possibly three guys who would have started for Miami in 2001. No surprises there. It’s the greatest team of all time.
This thread was not meant to "surprise" anyone Ace, just for discussion.

This thread was not meant to "surprise" anyone Ace, just for discussion.
So the point of the “discussion” is that 2021 Miami isn’t nearly as good as the greatest team of all time? Ok. Proceed with that discussion, chief

Advertisement
Back