Serious question?

OK, so just off projecting. I can live with take that but I'm telling you there is a reason UGA didn't let him play CB. I hope he balls out but I'm not as confident as some of you.
Its not like he was sitting behind scrubs. Campbell and Stokes are going to be high draft picks. I see why they wanted him to play a striker type role. Honestly in football today I could see teams trying to do the same with Rolle. Its a tougher world for physical corners than it was in 2001.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its not like he was sitting behind scrubs. Campbell and Stokes are going to be high draft picks. I see why they wanted him to play a striker type role. Honestly in football today I could see teams trying to do the same with Rolle. Its a tougher world for physical corners than it was in 2001.
You still have not told me what he has done to earn the hype you have given him. He was highly rated but we have seen plenty of highly rated DBs fade into oblivion here in the last decade plus.

Last edited:
I don't think it's crazy at all to think King might have started over Dorsey. It's a hard comparison because the times and offense styles are so different. But if you take Andre Johnson, Shockey, Portis, and that O-line, bring them to 2021 in this offense, I think King starts over Dorsey. And that offense would outperform the 2001 offense. Nobody could contain Johnson, Shockey, and Portis already and now you have to worry about King taking off and running? That would be bananas.

Advertisement
I don't think it's crazy at all to think King might have started over Dorsey. It's a hard comparison because the times and offense styles are so different. But if you take Andre Johnson, Shockey, Portis, and that O-line, bring them to 2021 in this offense, I think King starts over Dorsey. And that offense would outperform the 2001 offense. Nobody could contain Johnson, Shockey, and Portis already and now you have to worry about King taking off and running? That would be bananas.
If we ran spread I would agree. I think King struggles as a drop back pocket passer. But that was probably my second choice if the offense was different behind Hedley.

Jesus H Christ....King start over Dorsey??....Just stop it...Crazy isn't the word...

Advertisement
The point is you're comparing today's team to the best of all time. Even championship Bama can't measure up. It's a nice thought exercise, but its not evidence that we suck terribly because there aren't a lot of players who'd make the cut.
I'm sure plenty of teams would have starters besides the punter. It was not meant to say we suck, you came up with that take, that was not my intention

Advertisement
Here's a roster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Miami_Hurricanes_football_team#Starting_lineup

You could make the case that Harley takes reps from someone other than Andre (Beard, Lewis, Sands). I haven't seen much Rambo, but maybe he does too.

Could Jon Ford or JHH maybe steal reps from a Matt Walter? (But, uh, lol Vince Wilfork was the backup.)
We disagree. I dont even see Harley getting special team snaps on that team.

and Jon Ford is probably not dressing let alone playing on the 01 team.

What team is the most talented team in college football in 2021? Alabama? Ohio State? Would anyone on either of those teams have started on Miami 2001?

Also, offensively the game is completely different. Would I want Ken Dorsey running the zone read? Probably about as much as I’d want D’Eriq King taking 5 step drops from under center in the I formation.

I would probably take Mike Harley over Ethenic Sands or Kevin Beard. Or whoever was the opposite receiver of Dre. But once again, totally different game. Totally different styles.

Advertisement
Back