Semenholes Spring game

Advertisement
It’s hard to glean much info from a Spring game, but with that said:

- Secondary still looks big & slow, except Brownlee does look pretty good & Kevin Knowles McArthur’s own looked good in coverage too, he had a good INT & is a natural cover corner @gogeta4
- Their Pass rush looks bad too, they don’t have any game changer DE’s, TF EE Joshua Farmer (who we recruited for a bit) played early & already looks better than their starters.
- TF WR Malik McClain looks like he’s going to be a starter too, he’s one of the only WR’s they have that looks solid, Bryan Robinson had a nice catch, but the rest of them look very pedestrian
- Their OL is still HORRID, no exaggeration, they’re bad, we will continue to be a bad matchup for them even with a new crop of DE’s, our DLine vs their OL will remain a slaughter
- Jordan Travis is a good runner, below average passer
- Their run game is a complete shell of its former self, the Devonta Freeman/ Dalvin Cook days are overrrr
- Their DL is ***
- Did I mention how bad their OL is lol

It’s still early in the game & I’m trying not to be overly biased with my Orange & Green shades on, but overall as a team they look small. It looks like they’re a CUSA team lol.
@Liberty City El He was there 1 true get. Kevin Knowles can definately cover. He will be a player down the road. Sucks he had Nole blood all around him and the best player from the hood mentoring him a former nole corner.

Still my guy though.

From National champs and playoff team, back-to-back, to this?

I’ve been watching college football for a while now, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a complete, total, and utter fall from a top team to compete A-to-Z mediocrity than this.

If you stop and think about it - it’s completely astonishing. There’s a lesson to be learned here, we have fallen far from our highs, but never to this level. Not even close.

This looks like a peewee team out there - @D RevLee would earn serious snaps on this team. Right, @RVACane ?

You think FSU's turn around is worse than LSU's? FSU seemed pretty gradual and they at least lost their head coach.

You think FSU's turn around is worse than LSU's? FSU seemed pretty gradual and they at least lost their head coach.

LSU last season is pretty freaky but easily explainable. They’re not as bad as their record last year nor long term are they as good as their national championship year. Make no mistake though, they are a much better team than FSU, and it’s not even close

Advertisement
LSU last season is pretty freaky but easily explainable. They’re not as bad as their record last year nor long term are they as good as their national championship year. Make no mistake though, they are a much better team than FSU, and it’s not even close
I meant as far as going from what people considered one of the most unstoppable offenses in college football history to having an offensive team

And here we go. Like watching old people Fck.

fail clemson football GIF by Clemson Tigers

Advertisement
From National champs and playoff team, back-to-back, to this?

I’ve been watching college football for a while now, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a complete, total, and utter fall from a top team to compete A-to-Z mediocrity than this.

If you stop and think about it - it’s completely astonishing. There’s a lesson to be learned here, we have fallen far from our highs, but never to this level. Not even close.

This looks like a peewee team out there - @D RevLee would earn serious snaps on this team. Right, @RVACane ?
Tennessee Volunteers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tennessee Volunteers
that cam newton/nick fairley auburn team

Yes, huge drops. But those teams recovered fairly quickly to middle of the road type teams. Not the championship teams, but solid over .500 teams. In Tennessee’s case they are a traditionally struggling team, that normally will be a barely over 500 team, and that is the reality of their existence in modern times. mostly bad or very average years, punctuated every once in a while with some good teams for a year or two. Their championship year was an anomaly.

FSU has fallen hard and fast, and stayed at the bottom, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon for them. This is literally a team that’s gone from a playoff team, to a sub .500 team, and one that’s going to stay there for quite a while. There really is nothing like it.

If they were to do everything right from this point forward including recruiting, it would take them a good 3 to 4 years to become respectable.

Last edited:
Are you forgetting the punter wide receiver days?

No I have not, but we have never been FSU bad, as they are now.

The last 4 years: 7-6, 5-7, 6-7, 2-6

Let that record for the last 4 years sink in. We have never had a straight four year stretch that bad since we fell from grace. Never and not even close.

And here’s the part I’m talking about. They are probably going to be a sub 500 team for at least two more years. Maybe more.

They could literally be a bottom of the barrel team for seven or eight straight years in a row. Maybe a whole decade or the better part of a whole decade. That is a huge fall that’s unprecedented for a team that’s been a top P5 team for decades.

Advertisement
Back