Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern isn't if he can improve. He has nowhere to go but up. My concern is that there were so many areas that need improvement that he might not be able to get where he needs to be. Seeing the field is a big one, in my opinion. There were so many times he threw it to the wrong guy because he didn't see his targets. Accuracy is another. Man, it's hard to learn those two things. They are almost instinctual, and I haven't seen Rosier be very instinctual, yet.

It CAN happen, I am just not convinced the light has gone on until I see it.
You have no idea, on any given play, of the receiver progression and where the ball is designed to go. Just because one guy was open, doesn’t mean he wasn’t 3 or 4 on in the progression. Most all plays are designed around getting one guy isolated, and if it’s there, you take it. It’s not look around and find the most open guy.

You get Ahmmon matched up one on one, and you throw it to him expecting him to do his job and win the matchup. If he gets jammed or something else happens, you look to the number 2 read, and so forth.

Sometimes guys are expected to be open in certain places in their route, so you look to a spot to see if the receiver is there before looking to another spot.

On accuracy, I’m not arguing that Malik has ever displayed pinpoint accuracy, but consider what I said above, then realize that our number one option was either playing injured or unable to play all together, along with a new RB and TE check down, and you might start to understand that innaccuracy isn’t 100% on the QB. It also is heavily dependent on guys doing their jobs and being where they’re supposed to be, when they’re supposed to be there.

Advertisement
Impossible!! The CIS braintrust has determined that Malik is the only player in the history of sports who is wholly incapable of improving with experience, time, familiarity and another year of coaching.

the thing with Malik is we dont need him to turn into Aaron Rodgers(and that aint happening) but to be a guy that can get to around 58-62 percent in terms of completions and just make more routine throws. That's it. He does that, and I think there are enough thoroughbreds surrounding him to make a real run at this thing

Moving forward, I hope that our other QB's can develop into a marquee type of guy, eventually

I know what we have with 12 - the question is can we get a better version of it in 2018?

You have no idea, on any given play, of the receiver progression and where the ball is designed to go. Just because one guy was open, doesn’t mean he wasn’t 3 or 4 on in the progression. Most all plays are designed around getting one guy isolated, and if it’s there, you take it. It’s not look around and find the most open guy.

You get Ahmmon matched up one on one, and you throw it to him expecting him to do his job and win the matchup. If he gets jammed or something else happens, you look to the number 2 read, and so forth.

Sometimes guys are expected to be open in certain places in their route, so you look to a spot to see if the receiver is there before looking to another spot.

On accuracy, I’m not arguing that Malik has ever displayed pinpoint accuracy, but consider what I said above, then realize that our number one option was either playing injured or unable to play all together, along with a new RB and TE check down, and you might start to understand that innaccuracy isn’t 100% on the QB. It also is heavily dependent on guys doing their jobs and being where they’re supposed to be, when they’re supposed to be there.

Loose, one thing that isn't brought enough IMO is that Ahmonn Richards really wasn't there for most of the season(and was hobbled throughout, regardless), you lose a guy who's that impactful(don't know if I just made up a word or not) - and that will affect just about any QB/

To me, having 82 out there changes the whole offense - and how defenses play UM.

The games where Malik had success I seem to recall Richards playing a key role in that.

(So lets all gather around, and pray for Ahmonn's hamstrings...)

Sorry Sheep if you don’t like my post!

Cool story bro.

th

Only
@DMoney and @LuCane need to change this forum to the sheep insights.. So sad!! How dare anyone question Rosier not being the #1 QB? I mean he is on all the preseason Heisman watch? He is rated as a 1st round draft pick next year. I mean the only way to be a true Hurricane fan is to show blind loyalty.

As for CMR how many Championships did he win at Georgia? I forgot about last years perfect 12-0 season. I mean who can question anything he say or does. Because, he is a football god. Smarter then Jimmy, better recruiting classes then Butch ever had? I guess these people all had their white shirts and orange ties talking about Al Golden’s genius.

So for all you butt hurt sheep keep hating.. But, I and other true Hurricane Fans will keep questioning a coach, and expect more from a team that has under performed its potential for the last 16 seasons. We are not going to show blind loyalty to subpar performance and players. Because we expect more and want more. 10-3 season is not up to Miami Hurricanes fan standards. Making progress is great for Duke, Pitt and UNC not Miami.

How do I know this, because before most of you were born I was at the OB watching us win a National Championship vs Nebraska as a student. So don’t tell me what means to be a Miami Hurricane Fan.

Only diffence betwixt you the fan and me the fan is that I wasn't blessed with a bank account big enough to overcome the remaining 25% tuition cost UM didn't offer. And I don't think being a student would entitle me to every last detail of the program. If you are that hard to please after the past mierda 16 years I feel sorry for you.

Advertisement
Your post history leaves most of us to believe that is not the case. Your constant bashing of Malik does indicate that proving your point is more important to you than the success of the team.[/QUOTE

Cry me a river. The QB position is the most important position on the field, and we need good QB play. Man, some of you are too thin skinned.

Since we can never make new threads on here... what page is some type of scrimmage report on?
Man you know how it works here...stays on topic for the first page or so...then.....

Really though the look at the time stamps. Anything around 10pm to 2am last night is good.

Advertisement
My concern isn't if he can improve. He has nowhere to go but up. My concern is that there were so many areas that need improvement that he might not be able to get where he needs to be. Seeing the field is a big one, in my opinion. There were so many times he threw it to the wrong guy because he didn't see his targets. Accuracy is another. Man, it's hard to learn those two things. They are almost instinctual, and I haven't seen Rosier be very instinctual, yet.

Smart money is not on him improving to the point of being Heisman caliber. But guys like are going too far in saying “he has nowhere to go but up,” and I think you guys are doing that just in case he does improve. Then you can hedge your bets and simultaneously claim he’s the worst QB ever and still claim you knew he’d get better this year. You don’t set records at UM as a QB and steward the team to so many firsts and two amazing game-winning drives against our biggest rival on the road if you “have nowhere to go but up.”

I think Malik can improve and be a serviceable QB, but if he doesn’t, then he’ll likely get replaced.

Constantly hammering him with last year’s news isn’t going to help his confidence (and, yes, the players have a firm grasp of how the fans feel about them), and it’s not going to make any of his backups get better or beat him out. All it’ll do is confirm that our fans, for the most part, are miserable twaats who just want to make sure they’re on record with their misery so they can claim they called it.

We all know Malik's flaws. Since he is the best option we have to start the season, what does constant bashing, on every occasion accomplish?
There’s player bashing, and then there’s honest criticism of where we are and where we expect to be as a program.

While I often disagree with @ThomasM on where we are and what we can accomplish this season with Rosier at QB1, he presents his argument respectfully and supports it logically. And we do agree with where we want to be as a program.

Advertisement
There’s player bashing, and then there’s honest criticism of where we are and where we expect to be as a program.

While I often disagree with @ThomasM on where we are and what we can accomplish this season with Rosier at QB1, he presents his argument respectfully and supports it logically. And we do agree with where we want to be as a program.
I refer you to @The Franchise post above.

Miami’s offense bailed the defense out time and time again too now don’t be ridiculous

Down 14-0 uva, offense ties it up, defense goes down by 14 again and the offense score 23 straight

Defense giving up 2 late scores vs FSU and the offense then scores 2 clutch touchdowns in the 4th without Ahmmon Richards and mark walton on the field. Toledo offensive performances, coming in clutch after the defense was sh*tting the bed vs Toledo giving up 30 to them... that’s just a few examples of the offense saving the defense *** and they were multiple after that too

No one wasn’t perfect last year, malik rosier certainly wasn’t but doesn’t mean the defense was either though. Everyone needs to improve

Imo the offense and defense were both very inconsistent , disappearing for stretches.

They could never get on the sand page other than maybe Vt and Nd.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These dudes have made their views on Malik completely clear. I can pretty much, from memory, tell you all the regurgitated hate they heap in him every time our QBs are discussed.

Ive been on the “ he is what he is “ train for awhile , dude in inaccurate. Always will be.

Doesn’t mean he can’t win 10-11 games , or isn’t the best option.

Until I see different he’s still the best option we have at this moment, if the ol and run game improves i don’t see why he can’t improve enough to at least win the conference.

Maybe one of young guys eventually pass him, but at this moment he’s the qb. And everyone should accept it.

If he improves on just one of the two then the other should improve by mere correlation. Seeing the field better should improve his completion percentage a few points. And I think that is easier to learn than accuracy. Film study is the key and he admittedly learned that kind of late in college.

And in so doing, you're hoping for Malik to fail.
Why not look for his improvement??
You are a walking contradiction.
how is that a contradiction? I'm not HOPING he fails. I'm HOPING one of the freshman step the **** up. How hard is this to understand. I've already said I think its still possible to go undefeated in the regular season with Rosier, but not likely., But thats simply because we have a National Championship caliber Defense and Offensive skill players. OL is still questionable at this time, but we got a lot of experienced guys.

Why wouldn't I root for one of the freshman to beat out the Redshirt Senior who has already reached his ceiling as an inaccurate qb who throws a **** load of Picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back