Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
All I care is for Rosier to win the LSU game for us, beat FSU and VT, and have us in the ACCCG in December in Charlotte. If he does that with a 60% completion percentage that’s great. That means he’s seeing the field better, the receivers are getting separation, and the ball is delivered more accurately. I have a feeling he’s going to do it for us and could break his own TD record this season, especially with all the weapons he will have at his disposal. Give me 11-2, with one regular season loss plus the ACC title game albeit much closer that last year’s score. Then a win in a NY6 bowl puts us to 12-2, a Top 5-8 finish and 2019 looking like the year we put it all together particularly if Jarren or N’Kosi are what everyone who hates Rosier say they are truly.

Kaaya had the ball in his hand with a chance to get a victory many times and never succeeded even once. In three years we didn’t win a single game in which we were trailing after 3 Quarters.
I mean its tough to really debate this because it's a total "what if" but I think if Kaaya had this team last year he for sure would have been a better passer, ESPECIALLY in the big games. You like to point out we won a few of those games (fsu, vtech, unc), but you don't want to admit Rosiers performance was pretty trash in ALL the big games we played (statistically factual). We won some games that were close, but imo they wouldn't have even been close if we had better QB play.

Advertisement
Kaayas lack of athleticism wasnt his primary issue and definitely not his only issue.
Well I didn't mean his only issue in the sense that he was perfect or even great at everything else, but it definitely was his biggest issue imo. I'm Not saying he was exactly great at anything because he did struggle for sure. But I don't think it's even close really comparing his throwing ability to Rosiers, unless maybe we're talking throwing on the run.

Just got the chance to read through the thread. Had to say this. To be honest, the Rosier talk is getting real old, its like a broken record. We get it, he struggled at times last year. Especially in the accuracy department.

But... NO he is not a bad QB like some of you are arguing. YES.. he is the best option we have at QB and that has never been more clear. Richt has given the other guys every opportunity to go and get the job, but simply they are not ready yet. Rosier is battle tested. He has had ups and downs. But I am 100% supporting the guy who threw for 3000 yds and 26 TDs and ran for nearly 500 and another 5 TDs in the ACC.

He has shown himself to be a more than capable Power 5 QB. It is not like we have a Blue Chip guy ready to set the league on fire sitting behind him. I expect his interceptions to drop and completion percentage to go up, especially with added talent, depth, and a more experienced core at the WR position.

The kid is a competitor and a winner. Let's not forget he took control of the game versus FSU and gave us our first win over them in years. "Dark Horse Heisman" Kayaa literally gave that game away every year he was here.

Some of you need to be real fans and support our guy instead of talking about him being benched before he even attempts his first pass of the season. Looking forward to him balling out this season starting with LSU..

Go Canes

Advertisement
Defense was an Orange Bowl urinal trough in that game. Trying to spin it any other way makes you look foolish. We won that game because our offense kept coming up with answers.
Dude I usually respect you but trying to call me out like that is some bull****. Yes, the defense sucked during the UVA game.. up until that pivotal pick six. From that play through the rest of the game their qb only completed 55% (10/18), after completing a whopping 94% before that (18/19). They didn't score again. Pretending that the defense didn't start to play better makes you look foolish.

Advertisement
100%. Between Kaaya's bad pocket awareness & lack of mobility, there's no doubt Rosier gave us a better chance to win. Malik will also stand in the pocket & make his throw when he's about to get hit, & he plays his best in the clutch.
So says Brad kayaas molar...

Advertisement
Let's talk about something 1,000,000x more interesting than this recycled and abused Kayaa-Rosier debate:

The Hurricanes have a veteran trio in the secondary in seniors Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, and Michael Jackson. Their experience along with the experience that UM has at linebacker has allowed Miami to move Johnson around like a chess piece depending on the situation.

Jaquan Johnson is playing in the box half the time,” Richt said. “They try to get an unblocked hat in the run game a lot and he is the guy that comes up and smacks people.”

So says Brad kayaas molar...
He's definitely tough for playing through that & all the other times Golden's OL put him through the grinder. But I think it takes a different type of mental toughness to keep your composure when facing a rush, & poor pocket presence leads to QBs sacking themselves when the line does give them time like we often saw with Brad.

Let's talk about something 1,000,000x more interesting than this recycled and abused Kayaa-Rosier debate:

Richt also said that defenders are flying to the ball when they have plays like bubble screens against them. They have the speed and are taking the correct angles. Glad to see this has not let up.

I haven't really followed this thread, so maybe I'm responding to criticisms that haven't been made, but Rosier was not TERRIBLE last year. According to ESPN's QB rating metric (which I favor for a number of reasons, most importantly because it takes into account a QB's scrambling ability), Rosier was the 38th best QB in the FBS last year.

Do we have a QB that's going to win the Heisman? No.
Do we have a QB that, when paired with our roster, is going to win us another chip? No.

But we do have a returning QB who was statistically average last year, maybe slightly above. He made clutch plays and was pretty good with his feet. Yes, his completion percentage (53, 54 percent?) was pretty bad, but if he can improve that to around 58 percent, which is absolutely doable, then we have a real shot at beating FSU, LSU, winning the Coastal again, and securing another 10 win season.

A boost to recruiting from better on field performance usually requires more than one good season. Coker, Shannon, and Golden destroyed our program and our image. Many elite recruits did not (and still do not) seriously consider us. Rosier could be the guy that repairs our image and lays the foundation for our next legit title run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back