Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reg

Sophomore
Though I religiously follow the practice reports like the majority of the frequent posters on the board, it is the 3 scrimmages that excites me the most, and rightfully so. With that being said, I can't ever remember being this caught up in a "first scrimmage", including last year's first scrimmage, which was wrapped as tight around the N'kosi hype-train, as skinny jeans around a midgets booty.

Of course, every question is not going to be answered coming out of this scrimmage, but Diaz indeed mentioned that the depth charts will be built based upon the results of the first scrimmage. He went on to say that in most situations all of the freshman will be considered 3rd stringers until the staff can evaluate how they performed in the first scrimmage.

I am most excited about what Jordan and Mallory are going to do, even though there is not a lost of mystery surrounding their roles, considering the recent injury Irvin II. Jordan and Mallory are locked as the top 2 tight ends, IMO, regardless of the recent reports about Polendey having a "good" camp thus far.

Will Pope or Hightower make a true run at the Z receiver spot? The QB2 race has become even more intriguing considering the "great" camp that Weldon is having thus far. Will Scaife become the 6th O-Lineman in the rotation? How much will the striker package be used? Will Dean officially become an afterthought at CB because of the emergence of Frierson, Ivey, and Blades? How will Big Vaughn hold up at RT? Are the grad-transfers for real?

I can go all day with question/reasons regarding why this scrimmage is very important and exciting, but I think the point has being made that there is a lot to be excited about, even though it's just a scrimmage. Once again, I am not expecting the team to be in midseason form, but giving the stakes and expectations, this is the most important "first scrimmage" that we've had in over a decade!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just give me no injuries that's all I ask
tenor.gif

Though I religiously follow the practice reports like the majority of the frequent posters on the board, it is the 3 scrimmages that excites me the most, and rightfully so. With that being said, I can't ever remember being this caught up in a "first scrimmage", including last year's first scrimmage, which was wrapped as tight around the N'kosi hype-train, as skinny jeans around a midgets booty.

Of course, every question is not going to be answered coming out of this scrimmage, but Diaz indeed mentioned that the depth charts will be built based upon the results of the first scrimmage. He went on to say that in most situations all of the freshman will be considered 3rd stringers until the staff can evaluate how they performed in the first scrimmage.

I am most excited about what Jordan and Mallory are going to do, even though there is not a lost of mystery surrounding their roles, considering the recent injury Irvin II. Jordan and Mallory are locked as the top 2 tight ends, IMO, regardless of the recent reports about Polendey having a "good" camp thus far.

Will Pope or Hightower make a true run at the Z receiver spot? The QB2 race has become even more intriguing considering the "great" camp that Weldon is having thus far. Will Scaife become the 6th O-Lineman in the rotation? How much will the striker package be used? Will Dean officially become an afterthought at CB because of the emergence of Frierson, Ivey, and Blades? How will Big Vaughn hold up at RT? Are the grad-transfers for real?

I can go all day with question/reasons regarding why this scrimmage is very important and exciting, but I think the point has being made that there is a lot to be excited about, even though it's just a scrimmage. Once again, I am not expecting the team to be in midseason form, but giving the stakes and expectations, this is the most important "first scrimmage" that we've had in over a decade!
Well said, Reg. I am looking forward to all the same things. Get after it, boys!

Reactions: reg
Advertisement
I will add this....

I like how they're treating it like a big game. Scrimmage is at night at The Rock. Bus thrm in let them get ready as they would and come onto the field.

Advertisement
I only care about injuries. Hope the kids get out with minimal bumps and bruises.

Weldon is gonna take the backup job starting tonight. Although he'll be playing against the 3rd team defense while Kosi plays against the ones.

Advertisement
Biggest thing I'm hoping for is no injuries. That said, hoping to hear the O line does well, TEs do well, and looking forward to seeing who emerges from the freshmen CBs.

I'm also reading Weldon is stepping up and will move up to number 2. ...We will see.
If so, and I've been saying prediction is Perry will transfer as Williams is also on the up...

Do we have anybody with an inside scoop for these scrimmages. Can we slip some money to the cleaning crew at hard Rock for some grainy videos from tonight?

If the O-line holds up tonight, the way Richt has indicated that they've held up during camp, it will be beyond huge. Imagine Homer with actual holes to run through for 4 quarters. With his initial burst, if his first couple of steps are not "side steps" or "jump cuts", meaning he can just see the hole and go, he will lead the country in +20 yards rushes. Defenses will be chasing the back of his jersey the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back