Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malik Rosier this Malik Rosier that.. he’s the best option by far regardless. Some of y’all don’t realize why a qb like Kaaya can have a 62% completion percentage and accomplish nothing and a qb like Rosier can have only a 54% completion percentage and win more games and beat all of our scheduled rivals in the same season??

Completion percentage doesn’t tell the entire story, Ahmmon and Langham catch some of those catchable passes they dropped last season, Malik’s percentage would’ve been 5% higher at least and we still would’ve lost the 3 games we lost.

Regardless Malik’s issues going into his 2nd year are correctable and besides, the teams success last year shows that we don’t need him to be a Heisman contender to win games.

Advertisement
@DMoney and @LuCane need to change this forum to the sheep insights.. So sad!! How dare anyone question Rosier not being the #1 QB? I mean he is on all the preseason Heisman watch? He is rated as a 1st round draft pick next year. I mean the only way to be a true Hurricane fan is to show blind loyalty.

As for CMR how many Championships did he win at Georgia? I forgot about last years perfect 12-0 season. I mean who can question anything he say or does. Because, he is a football god. Smarter then Jimmy, better recruiting classes then Butch ever had? I guess these people all had their white shirts and orange ties talking about Al Golden’s genius.

So for all you butt hurt sheep keep hating.. But, I and other true Hurricane Fans will keep questioning a coach, and expect more from a team that has under performed its potential for the last 16 seasons. We are not going to show blind loyalty to subpar performance and players. Because we expect more and want more. 10-3 season is not up to Miami Hurricanes fan standards. Making progress is great for Duke, Pitt and UNC not Miami.

Old SIB (**** In a Bag is working on his red bar today.

How do I know this, because before most of you were born I was at the OB watching us win a National Championship vs Nebraska as a student. So don’t tell me what means to be a Miami Hurricane Fan.

Malik Rosier this Malik Rosier that.. he’s the best option by far regardless. Some of y’all don’t realize why a qb like Kaaya can have a 62% completion percentage and accomplish nothing and a qb like Rosier can have only a 54% completion percentage and win more games and beat all of our scheduled rivals in the same season??

Completion percentage doesn’t tell the entire story, Ahmmon and Langham catch some of those catchable passes they dropped last season, Malik’s percentage would’ve been 5% higher at least and we still would’ve lost the 3 games we lost.

Regardless Malik’s issues going into his 2nd year are correctable and besides, the teams success last year shows that we don’t need him to be a Heisman contender to win games.
Malik has a better team and better coaches

Malik has a better team and better coaches

Sounds like ur making excuses for Kaaya even though he played in the coastal like every other UM team since 2004. Every team Kaaya “led” for 3 years had the most talent in the Coastal and good enough to beat FSU even as an underdog at least once.

Last edited:
Reactions: WIN
Sounds like ur making excuses for Kaaya even though played in the coastal like every other UM team since 2004. Every team Kaaya “led” for 3 years had the most talent in the Coastal and good enough to beat FSU even as an underdog at least once.
Yes. But We also have better talent and coaching than we did 5 years ago. Thats an inarguable fact. Not saying our talent was bad, it just wasn't at the level it is right now.

And Kaaya was a better passer than Malik. Its not even a question he was a more talented thrower.
The drawback for Kaaya was he was literally one of the least athletic qbs we've ever had and couldn't escape a pass rush to save his life.

Advertisement
We all agree Malik doesn't need to superman.he just has to get the ball to the playmakers if he does that at the end of the season we could all be celebrating.:king-pour::king-pour::king-pour::king-pour::chugger::chugger::crownpour::crownpour::crownpour::nice::nice:

Yes. But We also have better talent and coaching than we did 5 years ago. Thats an inarguable fact. Not saying our talent was bad, it just wasn't at the level it is right now.

And Kaaya was a better passer than Malik. Its not even a question he was a more talented thrower.
The drawback for Kaaya was he was literally one of the least athletic qbs we've ever had and couldn't escape a pass rush to save his life.
Kaaya had the ball in his hand with a chance to get a victory many times and never succeeded even once. In three years we didn’t win a single game in which we were trailing after 3 Quarters.

There was also a bunch of unreal catches by BB , Langham and others. So it all equaled to what he is.

A 58-60 % guy, it’s just what it is. He’ll always be hot and cold , it’s just a matter of the cold fronts not lasting too long. We can overcome bad quarters or even bad halves.

Just can’t have the pitt type games. We’ll be ok.

Kaayas lack of athleticism wasnt his primary issue and definitely not his only issue.

Advertisement
Kaaya had the ball in his hand with a chance to get a victory many times and never succeeded even once. In three years we didn’t win a single game in which we were trailing after 3 Quarters.

I don’t get the Kayak bashing , dude was good , not great. He also had god awful coaching, a horrible defense , meh ol and nowhere the skill guys as the current team.

I mean the dude played unreal against FSU at doak, the d just kept giving the lead back. BK plays last year and we blow the doors off fsu. Rosier was terrible for almost that entire game.

If Brad had all those turnovers last year , with those skill guys I think we lose one game.

The offense his last year was really coming on strong , played great the last month. Dude lit that same pitt team up for a fifty burger that looked like the 86 bears this past year.

Advertisement
I don’t get the Kayak bashing , dude was good , not great. He also had god awful coaching, a horrible defense , meh ol and nowhere the skill guys as the current team.

I mean the dude played unreal against FSU at doak, the d just kept giving the lead back. BK plays last year and we blow the doors off fsu. Rosier was terrible for almost that entire game.

If Brad had all those turnovers last year , with those skill guys I think we lose one game.

The offense his last year was really coming on strong , played great the last month. Dude lit that same pitt team up for a fifty burger that looked like the 86 bears this past year.

Duke Johnson, Stacy Coley, David Njoku, Ahmmon Richards, Phillip Dorsett, and Mark Walton?

Again I'll ask in this thread. If FSU's defense was better in 2017 than 2016, and our anemic offense mustered 19 points at home, why would Kaaya blow the doors off a better defense on the road with an injured tailback and receiving corps?

We all agree Malik doesn't need to superman.he just has to get the ball to the playmakers if he does that at the end of the season we could all be celebrating.:king-pour::king-pour::king-pour::king-pour::chugger::chugger::crownpour::crownpour::crownpour::nice::nice:

We don't need him to break touchdown records either, but he did it last year and people are still complaining.

When was all these close games? And your defense has to actually make stops to have a comeback.

Advertisement
@DMoney and @LuCane need to change this forum to the sheep insights.. So sad!! How dare anyone question Rosier not being the #1 QB? I mean he is on all the preseason Heisman watch? He is rated as a 1st round draft pick next year. I mean the only way to be a true Hurricane fan is to show blind loyalty.

As for CMR how many Championships did he win at Georgia? I forgot about last years perfect 12-0 season. I mean who can question anything he say or does. Because, he is a football god. Smarter then Jimmy, better recruiting classes then Butch ever had? I guess these people all had their white shirts and orange ties talking about Al Golden’s genius.

So for all you butt hurt sheep keep hating.. But, I and other true Hurricane Fans will keep questioning a coach, and expect more from a team that has under performed its potential for the last 16 seasons. We are not going to show blind loyalty to subpar performance and players. Because we expect more and want more. 10-3 season is not up to Miami Hurricanes fan standards. Making progress is great for Duke, Pitt and UNC not Miami.

How do I know this, because before most of you were born I was at the OB watching us win a National Championship vs Nebraska as a student. So don’t tell me what means to be a Miami Hurricane Fan.
You are coping well with old age dementia. And I am probably older than you.

When was all these close games? And your defense has to actually make stops to have a comeback.
Were you asleep for those three years? We had the ball with a chance to beat FSU in 2 of Kaaya’s three years here.

And don’t give me any crap about the defense. Last year we lost the lead 3 times in the 4th quarter. The difference between Malik Rosier and Brad Kaaya is the difference between winning meaningful games against rivals and losing those games.

Were you asleep for those three years? We had the ball with a chance to beat FSU in 2 of Kaaya’s three years here.

And don’t give me any crap about the defense. Last year we lost the lead 3 times in the 4th quarter. The difference between Malik Rosier and Brad Kaaya is the difference between winning meaningful games against rivals and losing those games.
You talking about 2015 on the road at fsu? The game they were down at the half and kaaya brought the team back and took the lead late in the 4th? The game the team rushed for 20 yards and he threw for 400 and 3 tds? Yea it was his fault the defense let fsu drive down the field and score.

2016 where he threw the td pass to potentially send it to ot but the extra point got blocked.

You talking about 2015 on the road at fsu? The game they were down at the half and kaaya brought the team back and took the lead late in the 4th? The game the team rushed for 20 yards and he threw for 400 and 3 tds? Yea it was fault the defense let fsu drive down the field and score.

2016 where he threw the td pass to potentially send it to ot but the extra point got blocked.
Yes. I’m talking about both of those games we could have won yet didn’t.

Last year if Kaaya was under center that last play he never would have made that throw to langham. He would have thrown it away and relied on Badgely to make a FG to get us to OT.

You can talk all day about us not being in that same scenario with Kaaya, but the reality is that we were in that scenario with him many times and he never came through once.

Not one time while he was here did we win a game in which we were trailing after the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back