Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest concern is Bubba. We need him to be consistent from inside 50. I don’t give a **** if he can hit a 57 yarder. CMR will never kick that in a real game.
Bull****. If he can hit it, we’ll kick it. It’s a real ******* big deal when you’re within 3 in the 4th quarter and you only need to get to the 40 to win or tie rather than the 33 or less. That 7 yards could be anything from 2-4 less plays we have to convert, which means 30 to 60 extra seconds we have to work with, which in turn allows us to be more selective in play calling leading up to the kick.

In this game of inches, 7 yards is a big ******* deal, man.

Advertisement
Bull****. If he can hit it, we’ll kick it. It’s a real ******* big deal when you’re within 3 in the 4th quarter and you only need to get to the 40 to win or tie rather than the 33 or less. That 7 yards could be anything from 2-4 less plays we have to convert, which means 30 to 60 extra seconds we have to work with, which in turn allows us to be more selective in play calling leading up to the kick.

In this game of inches, 7 yards is a big ******* deal, man.
My point is idgaf if he can kick the ball 60 yards but can’t make 40-50 yard kicks consistently.

I like Richt, a lot, but the fact he's rolling into season #3 with Al Golden's backup as his starter absolutely sucks. I know the situation was a little messed up when Kaaya left early, but come on. It's year 3 and there should be a quality QB on the roster that can do a better job than what I saw last year.

Our D bailed us out time after time, and we have fans praising Rosier for 10 wins. It's like claiming Frank Costa was the reason we won 10 games in 94. Pure idiocy. With GOOD QB play, we win 12 games last year, and don't have the close calls against GT, UNC and FSU. My concern is those close games can easily turn into losses if QB play doesn't improve.
By all accounts there is a QB on the roster who can do a better job than what we saw last season. His name just happens to be Malik Rosier.

Since we can never make new threads on here... what page is some type of scrimmage report on?

By all accounts there is a QB on the roster who can do a better job than what we saw last season. His name just happens to be Malik Rosier.
Gotta prove it somewhere other than practice. Here's hoping it happens.

Advertisement
Hopefully next scrimmage we have 1s vs 1s and 2s vs 2s. Wanna see how the first team OL holds up against our 1st team DL.

...Really unfortunate its looking like Rosier is gunna start. Just gotta hope the freshman show out for the 3 cupcake games weeks 2-4 and take his spot.
Just the most moronic post I have read in a while.

That's logical, but fan base is not. THe kid is a CANE, has been an exemplary student athlete and person. He is our starting QB, like or not. We should all hope he is terrific and not a bust jut to prove a point on a message board.

Expectations should be realistic, he did some really good things last year and his two comeback victories are epic. Rosier will be talked about way beyond his graduation for the pass to Langham as the beginning of the end at FSPU

I don't know who should be the QB, trust Richt, what I do know whoever the QB is as a CANE, I am 100%.

The opinions of those feeling otherwise that's fair, but bashing this kid is not.
What this guy said.

This post does not make sense at all lol. In order to be down 14-0 the offense had to have been subpar lol. Since they had multiple chances to score but did not. So you mean to say the offense finally showed up in that game. And for them to have scored 23 straight the defense had to have been shutting UVA down.

And once again if the Defense gave up 2 late scores vs FSU what was the offense doing at that time? Getting 3 & outs? Turning the ball over and hoping our tired defense who was just on the field can get a stop? And when the offense then scores 2 clutch touchdowns in the 4th what was the defense doing?

Vs Toledo was your best bet but you botched that one lol. The defense didn't give up 30 and then the offense started scoring. Toledo had ample chances because out offense kept going 3 and out. Our defense was on the field all day because of that. if and when our offense can put together some decent drives and get our guys some rest we ball on defense.. Toledo ran so many plays its crazy lol. But still our defense did give up 30 to them. I'll give you that.
So when the defense allows points it’s the fault of the offense, but when the offense gets those points back and more to secure a victory, it’s a credit to the defense?

Do you even understand football? Or are you just here to shlt on random players?

Advertisement
Exciting times gents. Grab a drink, get some poonanny, and contemplate what may be.

5ALc2G.gif

Serious question: Why not match up the 1s vs 1s for at least half of the scrimmage?!? That way a true gauge of progress can be made. Of course the 1 defense is going to dominate the 2 offense...especially with the nature of O Line and it taking lineman a couple of years to gel and get in game shape. Feel like we are doing our players a disservice by not matching up the 1s with 1s for a portion of the time.
Because you’re trying more to determine if both one units can do their respective jobs as it relates to the prior week’s install package rather than simply trying to determine which unit would win a hypothetical game between the two one units.

In that hypothetical, we would probably all prefer the defense to dominate, and they probably would, which is why you likely won’t see it until scrimmage 3. You can’t learn anything about either unit when one dominates the other.

Impossible!! The CIS braintrust has determined that Malik is the only player in the history of sports who is wholly incapable of improving with experience, time, familiarity and another year of coaching.

My point is idgaf if he can kick the ball 60 yards but can’t make 40-50 yard kicks consistently.
Who says he can’t? CMR said he just missed the 57 yarder. Had plenty of leg, but just missed it.

I think you’re reading into his comment about the big stage. Hartley said he’s been bombing kicks in practice, so that 57 yarder is very likely a kick he’s been making.

Advertisement
Impossible!! The CIS braintrust has determined that Malik is the only player in the history of sports who is wholly incapable of improving with experience, time, familiarity and another year of coaching.
My concern isn't if he can improve. He has nowhere to go but up. My concern is that there were so many areas that need improvement that he might not be able to get where he needs to be. Seeing the field is a big one, in my opinion. There were so many times he threw it to the wrong guy because he didn't see his targets. Accuracy is another. Man, it's hard to learn those two things. They are almost instinctual, and I haven't seen Rosier be very instinctual, yet.

It CAN happen, I am just not convinced the light has gone on until I see it.

Advertisement
@DMoney and @LuCane need to change this forum to the sheep insights.. So sad!! How dare anyone question Rosier not being the #1 QB? I mean he is on all the preseason Heisman watch? He is rated as a 1st round draft pick next year. I mean the only way to be a true Hurricane fan is to show blind loyalty.

As for CMR how many Championships did he win at Georgia? I forgot about last years perfect 12-0 season. I mean who can question anything he say or does. Because, he is a football god. Smarter then Jimmy, better recruiting classes then Butch ever had? I guess these people all had their white shirts and orange ties talking about Al Golden’s genius.

So for all you butt hurt sheep keep hating.. But, I and other true Hurricane Fans will keep questioning a coach, and expect more from a team that has under performed its potential for the last 16 seasons. We are not going to show blind loyalty to subpar performance and players. Because we expect more and want more. 10-3 season is not up to Miami Hurricanes fan standards. Making progress is great for Duke, Pitt and UNC not Miami.

How do I know this, because before most of you were born I was at the OB watching us win a National Championship vs Nebraska as a student. So don’t tell me what means to be a Miami Hurricane Fan.

Start your own board if you’re really getting this worked up. Jesus Christ, your *****ing is pathetic.

Go Canes!

Let me get this str8: I’m the keyboard gangster & Douchebag bc I down voted/negging your posts asking about 1’s vs 1’s.

& you’re here doing this but I’m the doucebag keyboard gangster?

LMFAO @ the irony here.

I don’t have a reply for the dumbest question in the history of football.

Have a nice day

Yes Sir, bc I unlike you have the cojones to speak my mind and give my opinion, regardless if that opinion is thoroughly pleasing to the audience, 100% factual vs speculation, or otherwise just spitting for the sake of spitting. All I'm saying is have an opinion and state it, I can respect that regardless if we agree or not.

Ok Teebag, dumbest question why exactly? Plenty of programs run 1s vs 1s for sequences of practice and/or scrimmages.

But carry on...cheers, I will enjoy myself in sunny San Diego...

Because you’re trying more to determine if both one units can do their respective jobs as it relates to the prior week’s install package rather than simply trying to determine which unit would win a hypothetical game between the two one units.

In that hypothetical, we would probably all prefer the defense to dominate, and they probably would, which is why you likely won’t see it until scrimmage 3. You can’t learn anything about either unit when one dominates the other.

Hey, a solid and cogent response to my question...much appreciated, I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back