Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I like Richt, a lot, but the fact he's rolling into season #3 with Al Golden's backup as his starter absolutely sucks. I know the situation was a little messed up when Kaaya left early, but come on. It's year 3 and there should be a quality QB on the roster that can do a better job than what I saw last year.

Our D bailed us out time after time, and we have fans praising Rosier for 10 wins. It's like claiming Frank Costa was the reason we won 10 games in 94. Pure idiocy. With GOOD QB play, we win 12 games last year, and don't have the close calls against GT, UNC and FSU. My concern is those close games can easily turn into losses if QB play doesn't improve.
People try and re-write history around here but I think context is key.

No one expected Rosier in his very first season as starter to put up the numbers he did and set the TD record. ESPECIALLY considering his best RB was injured more than half the season and his best WR was playing with nagging injuries.

People at this time last year were saying things like Rosier was not worthy of playing at any power 5 contender and he was not Miami quality and crap like that.

I do believe what some on the team have said about him.
Rosier has a chip on his shoulder and an edge.
I bet he reads/hears some of the stuff said about him and like a true Cane he is going to just play with that chip on his shoulder to prove on the field that he not only belongs...
... but he can also be a leader this team needs to go far.

Last edited:
I am happily assuming that AR had gotten past his dropping passes from last year. Seems like he had a very good scrimmage and is on his way back to true form.

I am not worried about other dropping balls at this point. We were all "worried" about having too many WR in an active game rotation. If one or 2 young guys can't seem to get the Crisco off their gloves...sit em...work em...redshirt them...it's okay by me. That's the greatness of depth right?
I really think ARs drop issues last season were due to nagging injuries and that he’ll be fine this season as long as he’s healthy. I can’t stress enough how dealing with something like a hammy just saps so much of your focus away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys cmon. Hes being as transparent as can be. Some of yall simply dont want to see whats going on. #1 ALL QBS WERE LIVE EXCEPT MALIK... aka malik IS gonna start against lsu BUT were aware whats behind center. Were trying to see who steps up and is ready for the wolves.. aka malik is gonna have a VERY short leash. Is that the optimal situation? No obviously its not but it shows plenty of transparency & preparation. #2 for those that dont see the relevance of bubba. Go back to maliks completion percentage. Our 3rd down conversion rate & our red zone efficiency... aka bubba is gonna have to be money or we got a problem on our hands. The punter is starting to look more consistent in fall so thats a plus but he really seems to get lost in the headlights when it matters so well have to wait & see. Have a great day guys. Season is here.

Miami’s offense bailed the defense out time and time again too now don’t be ridiculous

Down 14-0 uva, offense ties it up, defense goes down by 14 again and the offense score 23 straight

Defense giving up 2 late scores vs FSU and the offense then scores 2 clutch touchdowns in the 4th without Ahmmon Richards and mark walton on the field. Toledo offensive performances, coming in clutch after the defense was sh*tting the bed vs Toledo giving up 30 to them... that’s just a few examples of the offense saving the defense *** and they were multiple after that too

No one wasn’t perfect last year, malik rosier certainly wasn’t but doesn’t the defense was either though. Everyone needs to improve
Rosier conpletinh
People try and re-write history around here but I think context is key.

No one expected Rosier in his very first season as starter to put up the numbers he did and set the TD record. ESPECIALLY considering his best RB was injured more than half the season and his best WR was playing with nagging injuries.

People at this time last year were saying things like Rosier was not worthy of playing at any power 5 contender and he was not Miami quality and crap like that.

I do believe what some on the team have said about him.
Rosier has a chip on his shoulder and an edge.
I bet he reads/hears some of the stuff said about him and like a true Cane he is going to just play with that chip on his shoulder to prove on the field that he not only belongs...
... but he can also be a leader this team needs to go far.
Rosier wasn’t complete trash. The fact Richt got as much out of him as he did is really something. Still, there were just far too many first downs and points that we didn’t get because of him not seeing the field, making bad decisions, late decisions, or making bad throws. Berrios sacrificing his body for catches on poorly thrown balls won’t happen this year. Who is going to step up and make those difficult catches? Will Rosier improve enough that those difficult passes become routine? I saw Rosier do some good things, but I saw so many holes in his game that I am worried he can’t patch them all. I hope he does, because the entire team is relying on him to improve.

Rosier conpletinh

Rosier wasn’t complete trash. The fact Richt got as much out of him as he did is really something. Still, there were just far too many first downs and points that we didn’t get because of him not seeing the field, making bad decisions, late decisions, or making bad throws. Berrios sacrificing his body for catches on poorly thrown balls won’t happen this year. Who is going to step up and make those difficult catches? Will Rosier improve enough that those difficult passes become routine? I saw Rosier do some good things, but I saw so many holes in his game that I am worried he can’t patch them all. I hope he does, because the entire team is relying on him to improve.
Production is going to be replaced regardless as it is every year. Truth of the matter is we still haven’t seen what the offense can be at full strength with a true number 1 receiver healthy with rosier at helm. It will all play out. The fact that rosier was able to do that without having the #1 receiver, starting tailback who the offense was supposed to be featured a lot and still had 3200 passing yards 460 rushing yards 31 tds says a lot imo.

Rosier conpletinh

I expect the whole team to improve.
I expect the O Line to play better. I expect the RBs to be fresher and more disciplined when hitting holes and picking up their blocking responsibilities. I expect the WRs and TE's to be better than last year because there is more depth and talent and play makers.

I expect the Defense to be better scoring off turnovers.

If those things happen then Rosier does not have to be Joe Montana. He just needs to manage the game and ride the wave to the ACC Confefrence Championship.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m sorry but, hearing Rosier did great against our 2 Defense means nothing.. LSU isn’t going to play their second best team. Not sure why he doesn’t have 1 play 1 2 play 2.. in a game of stats giving no stats after a scrimmage is Bush League move by the coach.. I hope Rosier has improved,I hope our OL has improved, but not seeing or hearing anything makes me wonder what he “CMR” is hiding.. I hope it is him being sly... But, the lack of transparency doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy

Cuck alert

Miami’s offense bailed the defense out time and time again too now don’t be ridiculous

Down 14-0 uva, offense ties it up, defense goes down by 14 again and the offense score 23 straight

Defense giving up 2 late scores vs FSU and the offense then scores 2 clutch touchdowns in the 4th without Ahmmon Richards and mark walton on the field. Toledo offensive performances, coming in clutch after the defense was sh*tting the bed vs Toledo giving up 30 to them... that’s just a few examples of the offense saving the defense *** and they were multiple after that too

No one wasn’t perfect last year, malik rosier certainly wasn’t but doesn’t the defense was either though. Everyone needs to improve

This post does not make sense at all lol. In order to be down 14-0 the offense had to have been subpar lol. Since they had multiple chances to score but did not. So you mean to say the offense finally showed up in that game. And for them to have scored 23 straight the defense had to have been shutting UVA down.

And once again if the Defense gave up 2 late scores vs FSU what was the offense doing at that time? Getting 3 & outs? Turning the ball over and hoping our tired defense who was just on the field can get a stop? And when the offense then scores 2 clutch touchdowns in the 4th what was the defense doing?

Vs Toledo was your best bet but you botched that one lol. The defense didn't give up 30 and then the offense started scoring. Toledo had ample chances because out offense kept going 3 and out. Our defense was on the field all day because of that. if and when our offense can put together some decent drives and get our guys some rest we ball on defense.. Toledo ran so many plays its crazy lol. But still our defense did give up 30 to them. I'll give you that.

Advertisement
This post does not make sense at all lol. In order to be down 14-0 the offense had to have been subpar lol. Since they had multiple chances to score but did not. So you mean to say the offense finally showed up in that game. And for them to have scored 23 straight the defense had to have been shutting UVA down.

And once again if the Defense gave up 2 late scores vs FSU what was the offense doing at that time? Getting 3 & outs? Turning the ball over and hoping our tired defense who was just on the field can get a stop? And when the offense then scores 2 clutch touchdowns in the 4th what was the defense doing?

Vs Toledo was your best bet but you botched that one lol. The defense didn't give up 30 and then the offense started scoring. Toledo had ample chances because out offense kept going 3 and out. Our defense was on the field all day because of that. if and when our offense can put together some decent drives and get our guys some rest we ball on defense.. Toledo ran so many plays its crazy lol. But still our defense did give up 30 to them. I'll give you that.
Uva completed 20 plus straight passes against Miami... the offense tied it up 14-14 and then the defense then went down by 14 again... come on now. What about clemson starting off with something crazy like 15 straight completes passes too or when the offense was dominating Wisconsin 14-3 200 yards against the #2 defense in the country, defense gave up 21 points straight in the second..

And Miami was actually moving the ball offensively against FSU in the second half of the game they did put up 24 pints in 2 quarters. They had to score the late touchdowns because the defense couldn’t get off the field and was getting scored on.

Yes the offense needs to convert more 3rd downs for sure, but you can’t blame that for the defense staying on the field especially with how much they rotate the defenders... they certainly aren’t tired and get their rest during the duration of the game.... bottom line the defense needs to get off the field when the opportunity presents itself on 3rd down period regardless the situation... gave up too many 3rd and longs

Guys cmon. Hes being as transparent as can be. Some of yall simply dont want to see whats going on. #1 ALL QBS WERE LIVE EXCEPT MALIK... aka malik IS gonna start against lsu BUT were aware whats behind center. Were trying to see who steps up and is ready for the wolves.. aka malik is gonna have a VERY short leash. Is that the optimal situation? No obviously its not but it shows plenty of transparency & preparation. #2 for those that dont see the relevance of bubba. Go back to maliks completion percentage. Our 3rd down conversion rate & our red zone efficiency... aka bubba is gonna have to be money or we got a problem on our hands. The punter is starting to look more consistent in fall so thats a plus but he really seems to get lost in the headlights when it matters so well have to wait & see. Have a great day guys. Season is here.

I’m just glad we will be able to see what the young guys at qb can do in the blowouts after the LSU game. In your opinion is Kosi Perry much improved since the spring?

Serious question: Why not match up the 1s vs 1s for at least half of the scrimmage?!? That way a true gauge of progress can be made. Of course the 1 defense is going to dominate the 2 offense...especially with the nature of O Line and it taking lineman a couple of years to gel and get in game shape. Feel like we are doing our players a disservice by not matching up the 1s with 1s for a portion of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back