Scenario to bench Malik

We have three unknown but perhaps talented QBs on the bench. The best thing is for Rosier to take us undefeated the rest of the way in the same manner as last year. Then against Clemson, Mark almost chokes on a sandwich and has a vision. He then starts one of the unknown QBs against Clemson and they are not prepared. We win. Mark then realizes that all these years is problem has been not know when the make a change so he pulls the same thing in the first playoff game by starting yet another QB. Then against Bama for all the marbles, he installs the wishbone with yet another QB, **** maybe even Choc, and all those RBs we suddenly have. Saban has fit screaming at refs that we are cheating and is kick out of game. We win the title with the very offense we destroyed in the 80s.

Then Mark retires on top, and Butch MF Davis takes over as HC.
This had me cracking up

Advertisement
Rosier has exceeded every expectation ever placed on him
It's not his fault Perry hasn't lived up to his hype and potential. Rosier came in as a 3 star dual sport athlete never meant to take the field and see snaps..

Perry couldn't beat him straight up 2 years in a row and rosier leads us to 10 wins and breaks the program record for total TD's..

If y'all are mad at anyone be mad at yourselves for over hyping Perry or for Perry not being as good as he should be by now
I've never hyped up Perry. Rosier hasn't exceeded every expectation ever placed on him. Not even close. I expect him to hit wide open receivers. It's that simple for me. I've seen Rosier, he's hit his ceiling and wont hit it again. He got lucky to beat some bad teams and when opposing coaches figured him out he hasn't beaten a team with a pulse since. Rosier will not get better and he's absolutely had every chance to do so. I'm ready to get the young guys reps because they actually have a chance to get better. The light aint coming on for Rosier, and if it does it's a dim bulb. I want to see if throwing the young bucks in the fire will turn one of their lights on. Tom Brady couldn't beat out Bledsoe after being a 6th round pick but when he replaced him in the middle of the season, he balled out and never looked back. Perry is no Brady but that doesn't mean he can't ball out when the lights come on. It could be Weldon or Williams for all I care, just move on from Rosier because there's absolutely no chance he beats Clemson.

On top of that, Richt admitted that he even apologized to Rosier for benching him during the Pitt game was the dumbest move I could think of. Rosier played like utter crap that game and the only reason he was put back in was because Perry and Weldon needed to keep their red-shirts. But yeah, none of the other QBs could unseat Rosier because Richt thought that having a QB competition would destroy Malik's confidence; we're now learning that this was a moot point as he's just not that good. Meanwhile we delayed the maturation and development of the other QBs that will be the future going forward.
Can you imagine that conversation “sorry that you sucked it up against a 4-7 team when when we were #2 in the nation and had one win to complete an undefeated regular season and you were playing like crap.”

Can you imagine that conversation “sorry that you sucked it up against a 4-7 team when when we were #2 in the nation and had one win to complete an undefeated regular season and you were playing like crap.”

You left out the part where Malik admitted to going through the motions as well. I stand by we weren't going to beat any of the 4 teams in the CFB playoffs last year. But if we had beat Pitt, we just needed to keep a close game with Clemson which was doable. We would've made the playoffs. In Richt's 2nd year to go into the playoffs would've been monumental.

Nkosi is the #2 guy. He wasn't available vs. LSU. He is now. Given that, Richt probably has a very different leash with Rosier in this game.
Any other sane coach would have suspended Nkosi for the Savannah game, not LSU. SMDH

Advertisement
Any other sane coach would have suspended Nkosi for the Savannah game, not LSU. SMDH
I’m not even completely sure what he did to get suspended, missing class or something, but I know it was in the summer so I would’ve thought running gassers or something would’ve been sufficient, he got suspended a game for breaking a rule that wasn’t even during football season. I get that everybody has to follow the rules but I think I would use that punishment for anybody outside of the season

We will need to lose the game and it be his fault for anything to change.

Advertisement
My fear is Malik plays well for the winnable games, thereby getting our hopes up, then lays a couple eggs in big games that give the press the ammo that the U isn't back.

Advertisement
All I want to see is #12 and #5 alternating series. Maybe two series for the starter, then 2 series for the backup, go with the guy who’s getting it done.

If Rosier comes out and goes 8-11 and leads TD drives on his first two series, great, keep him in until the game is out of hand and then give Perry reps with the 2’s. What I don’t want to see is Rosier go three and out on his first two drives and we keep trotting the guy back out there just to bang our head into a brick wall.

I think that Perry is getting a look.
I think if the offense fails to the move the ball on a weak Toledo defense for the 1st quarter you will see Perry early.

But honestly I’m expecting us to blow them out. I just have a feeling. This team really needed a confidence boost above all else since they basically hadn’t won a FB game in about a months worth of play.

Advertisement
No he wasn't. And in regards to Perry not unseating Rosier, that's what coaches are saying. Richt has a tendency to play upper classmen over younger players. This staff swore over and over that Knowles was better, yet the former gets plays over Hall who's a far better safety as a true freshman while Knowles is a RS JR.
Hall had that knee injury that set him back..remember..and to begin the spring the QBs reps were split..Perry got suspended for the opener..seemed like something that happened a while back b4 it came out

Exactly, rosier was announced as the starter early and that took a lot of the competition out of the qb competition. Rosier then got the reps and that hurt the young qb’s abilities to develop sooner. Richts plan to get malik confident early so he will feel on top of the world by the season backfired now that we’re needing our younger guys to step in and be difference makers.
Rosier was not announced officially as the starter UNTIL FALL CAMP. And y’all glossing over the fact that perry was suspended. Why would u be splitting reps in fall camp for a kid who won’t be available for LSU..all throughout the spring it was open comp bruh

No he wasn't. And in regards to Perry not unseating Rosier, that's what coaches are saying. Richt has a tendency to play upper classmen over younger players. This staff swore over and over that Knowles was better, yet the former gets plays over Hall who's a far better safety as a true freshman while Knowles is a RS JR.
U saying that somehow the coaches are sabotaging the QB lmao😂

The moment it came out that Perry did something in the summer that would get him suspended, Malik Rosier was the starter. There absolutely was no open competition and Rosier got **** near all the first team reps throughout all of fall camp.
Talking about the spring bruh..during the spring it was open comp...what perry decided to do to get suspended is on him

Advertisement
Back