Scenario to bench Malik

Only scenario I see is if Richt is caught up in the MeToo movement and we have a new coach by noon tomorrow

Advertisement
im done w rosier, but from what i heard about perry regarding his ability to read (from a more important booster than the norm) is that he can make all the throws (we saw some of that against SSU), but he cant tell you what the coverages are if his life depended on it. i agree that a change should be made regardless of how the season turns out because we know what we're going to get out of malik. **** be inconsistent and may sprinkle in a few perfect quarters (Duke 1st, FSU 4th, Toledo, i thought drops hurt him a lot against cuse), but thats about it. he'll never be good enough to beat ranked teams unless everything else is going our way (VT, ND). i cant really decide on which QB is better outside of talent based on a game against SSU, but thats why he should be playing for half the game, at a minimum, the next three weeks and have a firm decision going into FSU. rosier hasnt done enough nor has he played well enough to earn the job outright with zero consequences.
Agree, I think Williams is going to be the guy next year that takes us places. I just don’t want to go through a disappointing letdown late in the season. When we have Jarren and Lorenzo in the backfield throwing to all these young wr and tight ends the future is bright.

Sadly I think Richt will wait WAAAY too long to pull him. I can envision Malik having a subpar game, but we're up by a couple scores. Then a pick 6 or something happens, momentum is clearly on their side, it's late in the 3rd quarter, and then he waits until then to pull. That puts Perry in a very tough position.

Sadly I think Richt will wait WAAAY too long to pull him. I can envision Malik having a subpar game, but we're up by a couple scores. Then a pick 6 or something happens, momentum is clearly on their side, it's late in the 3rd quarter, and then he waits until then to pull. That puts Perry in a very tough position.

Maybe, but if that is the case and he never looks back then I would be fine with it.

Advertisement
Well that's the second part is what happens the rest of the way with perry

well we know what we are getting with Malik. If Perry starts to flounder we still have two guys nipping behind Perry's heels. I think Williams will ultimately be the guy.

the one team i have some expectations for him is against toledo based on his numbers and performance against them last season.
Just in case you don't understand this game call football...what you did last year has no bearing on what will happen this season.

I'm more worried with the incumbent at qb than playing the talented but unproven. Even with freshmen mistakes, i don't want to turn back to Nosier ever

well we know what we are getting with Malik. If Perry starts to flounder we still have two guys nipping behind Perry's heels. I think Williams will ultimately be the guy.

Hopefully. My hope is that he doesn't go back to Malik after Perry struggles.

If Perry struggles, we're in for a long year. Might as well find our guy for next year.

Advertisement
im done w rosier, but from what i heard about perry regarding his ability to read (from a more important booster than the norm) is that he can make all the throws (we saw some of that against SSU), but he cant tell you what the coverages are if his life depended on it.

I not sure I believe this but I am not watching every day either.

If I have to decide between a QB that can read the D but cannot make the throws vs. a QB that cannot read the D but can make all the throws...I am going with the guy that makes the throws.

Neither is ideal but a QB can be coached to read the D better even during the game. Mr Accuracy is not improving his throws no matter what the coaches do. Regardless, Mr Accuracy cannot read the D either regardless to what he tells the coaches after he play. If the primary is covered then he probably runs, throws incomplete or gets sacked.

We saw that Perry locks on and saw him throw a pick when he predetermined the throw. We also saw him throw good balls to open WRs...throws that Mr Accuracy can never make.

From what we saw, Perry may not be able to tell the coach what the D was but he still was able to find the open man.

If we don’t come in to this game with a plan to rotate two QB’s ala Clemson and Bama (wk1), I’m at a complete loss...

If CMR doesn’t want to spell that out going into the game, I’m fine with that, but if that’s not what happens, I just don’t know how I can continue to support this regime. Better late than never, but it’s already getting late early.

This, He needs to keep getting Perry reps. If it turns into the Rosier show again I don't know what else to say.

Hopefully. My hope is that he doesn't go back to Malik after Perry struggles.

If Perry struggles, we're in for a long year. Might as well find our guy for next year.

I think once Richt pulls Malik that will be the end of it. With the current fan sentiment, I think he would be smart enough to cut his losses and take his chances with the next in line, whoever that may be. I think Richt has been careful massaging the egos and trying to keep a positive spin on the qb situation. I don't think it is any indication of what he is going on behind the scenes though.

Please stop. It’s not going to happen. Rosier is not a good QB and never will be. It’s time to move on.

Dude, if you've read any of my posts the last few days, it's pretty clear I'm not guzzling Rosier or this staff at this point. I'm just looking at it realistically and setting a low bar for my expectations vs. the general sentiment which seems to be that Rick is going to keep Rosier out there, come **** or high water, until the game is out of reach.

Rosier has as much chance of leading our team on consecutive TD drives with his efficient passing as I do of my boy Tommy saying, "yeah go for it bro, why don't you go ahead and let Giselle toss your salad for you?"

If, at minimum, we don't see Perry and Rosier alternating series in this game, early in the game, I just won't be able to support this staff any longer. That was the point of my post, not some suggestion that Rosier is going to come out and torch Toledo looking like Aaron Rodgers out there just because he's suddenly made the magical discovery that balance is important.

Advertisement
Dude, if you've read any of my posts the last few days, it's pretty clear I'm not guzzling Rosier or this staff at this point. I'm just looking at it realistically and setting a low bar for my expectations vs. the general sentiment which seems to be that Rick is going to keep Rosier out there, come **** or high water, until the game is out of reach.

Rosier has as much chance of leading our team on consecutive TD drives with his efficient passing as I do of my boy Tommy saying, "yeah go for it bro, why don't you go ahead and let Giselle toss your salad for you?"

If, at minimum, we don't see Perry and Rosier alternating series in this game, early in the game, I just won't be able to support this staff any longer. That was the point of my post, not some suggestion that Rosier is going to come out and torch Toledo looking like Aaron Rodgers out there just because he's suddenly made the magical discovery that balance is important.

you might as well have just said im not supporting the staff bc theyre not alternating series. perry may get time in the game and hopefully he does but it wont be through alternating series.

Matt Stafford..Eason..Richt has nooo problem playin young guys
Stafford was a three-year starter for him but Eason signed after Richt left so I don’t see how that’s relevant. Richt only recruited him and had a commitment from him.

Advertisement
This had me cracking up

Glad you liked it. It is only half in jest. How else can we beat Clemson, uga and Bama, right now? Okay, wishbone is out there but, has Saban ever coached against anything like it. GT gives teams fits that never play them and don’t have time to prepare. It does not require great offensive line. Weldon and Williams run well and we have couple fullbacks for the dive play and a lot of fast good backs for that option pitch. Plus our WRs all block downfield great. Dang, I just talked myself into it.

I hate the offense but if it brings us a title, I can live with in for one game. ND installed it for cotton bowl against UT back in the 60s.

Stafford was a three-year starter for him but Eason signed after Richt left so I don’t see how that’s relevant. Richt only recruited him and had a commitment from him.
The point is MR has played young guys B4..Stafford was the 1st true fresh to ever start at uga..that happened under MR..and Jacob Eason was starting there as a fresh too if MR was..so the narrative that MR. Won’t play 5 cause he’s young is bs..Perry hasn’t done **** to earn the job..how many time do coaches who play young QBs point to a kids maturity as the main reason they get the nod..

The point is MR has played young guys B4..Stafford was the 1st true fresh to ever start at uga..that happened under MR..and Jacob Eason was starting there as a fresh too if MR was..so the narrative that MR. Won’t play 5 cause he’s young is bs..Perry hasn’t done **** to earn the job..how many time do coaches who play young QBs point to a kids maturity as the main reason they get the nod..
Yeah I never thought that Richt wasn’t going to start him strictly because he was young. To your point Perry hasnt shown anything which I agree but that gives him a bigger upside. Everybody else’s point is malik has shown what he is and it’s garbage. I say Richt is keeping him in the game not because he’s a better quarterback but because he feels like he’s less likely to make a mistake, I don’t want to play scared anymore. If playing it safe gets you losses like the one we had at pitt then no thank you

Advertisement
Back