Scenario to bench Malik

Advertisement
Yeah I never thought that Richt wasn’t going to start him strictly because he was young. To your point Perry hasnt shown anything which I agree but that gives him a bigger upside. Everybody else’s point is malik has shown what he is and it’s garbage. I say Richt is keeping him in the game not because he’s a better quarterback but because he feels like he’s less likely to make a mistake, I don’t want to play scared anymore. If playing it safe gets you losses like the one we had at pitt then no thank you
The Pitt game was a lot to do with malik..like I said I’m not defending him more than I am in defense of MR. That’s all bruh

The Pitt game was a lot to do with malik..like I said I’m not defending him more than I am in defense of MR. That’s all bruh
I bet I like Richt as much as you do. I think he’s a great head coach however he’s also human and not immune to making mistakes or needing to improve things. I think he made a mistake in how he handled the qb competition this year. I bet in hindsight he would also agree that it wasn’t handled properly. I bet the competition next year carries through camp and he doesn’t crown somone so quickly.

I bet I like Richt as much as you do. I think he’s a great head coach however he’s also human and not immune to making mistakes or needing to improve things. I think he made a mistake in how he handled the qb competition this year. I bet in hindsight he would also agree that it wasn’t handled properly. I bet the competition next year carries through camp and he doesn’t crown somone so quickly.
But bro..you seen the spring numbers when it was a open comp..Malik out played perry. I think the fall camp situation was due to the fact perry did something where he took his own name out of the running to have a chance to be the guy

But bro..you seen the spring numbers when it was a open comp..Malik out played perry. I think the fall camp situation was due to the fact perry did something where he took his own name out of the running to have a chance to be the guy
Perry disappointed me when he didn’t snatch that job but at the same time if malik isnt any better then last year can Perry be much worse? the numbers that malik had in the spring aren’t translating on game day.

Advertisement
Perry disappointed me when he didn’t snatch that job but at the same time if malik isnt any better then last year can Perry be much worse? the numbers that malik had in the spring aren’t translating on game day.
It’s been 2 game bruh. LSU D is real and I thought there was no way Malik’s arm was gonna be why we won. It was gonna be about D and ST.both were not good along with malik...the way we played on d and st Perry would not have made a diff imo...we will see what happens tomorrow. Personally I still want to see both guys

Ummm Perry was splitting reps with the 1st team in the beginning and throughout spring..and no I wasn’t comparing Malik to franchise QBs. Someone said had I ever seen a back up come in and light it up. I said yes and brought up the diff between a backup who can have moments and a franchise guy..my point is and what y’all don’t seem to get is the fact that perry couldn’t beat out 12..MR from the start of spring ball said it was a open comp throughout spring. we all assumed Perry would take advantage, including me. 12 came out atop the depth chart. In fact perry got himself suspended for the opener..so rosier beat out Perry and some of y’all just won’t admit that. And now all of a sudden the narrative is MR some how is sabotaging the QB situation. Bottom line is I thought coming out of HS and after a Rs year perry would beat out 12, I was wrong. 12 gave perry every opportunity to grab that spot, Perry showed he can’t even be dependable to travel with the team 🤷🏽‍♂️..I’m just laying out facts man. I don’t have a personal feeling toward rosier. I’m not defending his play. I’m also not pretending I know more about the situation than the coach who’s proven and sees these guys day in and day out..y’all get on this board everyday arguing the same narratives

Perry's footwork is poor and he doesn't throw with his legs, but he's got the biggest arm and most upside of the top 3. Cade's footwork is better and he looked more natural than N'kosi last week, but he hasn't been to separate himself from N'kosi or challenge Malik either. I think with reps both back-ups can be continue to improve and ultimately be counted on to lead the team, but they may not have the composure and poise that allowed Malik to win some huge games for us last season.

That's the dilemma I see for Richt: The untapped talent of N'Kosi; vs Cade's accuracy and efficiency; vs Malik's poise and big-game experience. I say he should to start the game with someone other than Malik, or get someone in second series to see if the team can respond to that other guy... The slow starts are an absolute killer and Richt needs to create a respect/appreciation for the position. Cade and Jarren played with a little urgency but Malik and N'Kosi look like they're going through the motions.

Williams is the best of the 4, but by all accounts he knows the least offensively and has no big game experience. It would be foolish to bank on potential, waste a shirt, and blow up your position depth unless he comes out and really takes the job from the more experienced dudes.

Richt has the right idea. Continue to play the top 3 as much as possible, play the hot hand, and see who can emerge as the best leader by the end of the season. That said, I like Cade's footwork, release, toughness, and energy a lot.

Last edited:
12 ain't coming out tomorrow, I don't think. I'd also expect the offense to play well most of the game regardless of what Malik does. The RBs should have a day, and they will likely try to pound the smaller, sooner opponent into submission which at some point 12 will probably connect on a 4 verts, or someone takes a check down for a house call. All of which will make the score somewhat miselading and propping up 12s numbers from a few splash plays. I'd love to be wrong and see another qb, but that would mean things are going terribly wrong and we are in danger of losing the game, given how long his leash is. Writing is on the wall, Rosier is Richts guy. There has been nothing to suggest otherwise.

Advertisement
Back