Scenario to bench Malik

My fear is Malik plays well for the winnable games, thereby getting our hopes up, then lays a couple eggs in big games that give the press the ammo that the U isn't back.

Who gives a FUc# about the major college pigskin media-nexus! Seriously dude, it's time to move on. Nevertheless I give you a break, because you're probably " young school" and don't know much about Miami and the press back in the day.

Advertisement
Rosier was not announced officially as the starter UNTIL FALL CAMP. And y’all glossing over the fact that perry was suspended. Why would u be splitting reps in fall camp for a kid who won’t be available for LSU..all throughout the spring it was open comp bruh
Malik was named the starter in the first half of July which means he got all the reps for two months that a compatetion could have been taking place. And all through the spring which was supposed to be an open competition Richt kept saying Malik is at the top until someone unseats him meaning he still got the majority of one reps. Since our complete team has been here and everything has been implemented Rosier has been named the starter. Did Clemson name a starter in July? Did Alabama name a starter in July? Most QB competitions are battled out until the season starts. Kosi got a spring to unseat him and the rest of fall camp was wasted on getting malik to progress absolutely nothing, still the same qb he was last season.

Malik was named the starter in the first half of July which means he got all the reps for two months that a compatetion could have been taking place. And all through the spring which was supposed to be an open competition Richt kept saying Malik is at the top until someone unseats him meaning he still got the majority of one reps. Since our complete team has been here and everything has been implemented Rosier has been named the starter. Did Clemson name a starter in July? Did Alabama name a starter in July? Most QB competitions are battled out until the season starts. Kosi got a spring to unseat him and the rest of fall camp was wasted on getting malik to progress absolutely nothing, still the same qb he was last season.
Bama? When tf did Perry look like tua lol...was perry not suspended for the opener? You dont give starting reps to a guy in prepparation if he ain’t being accountable..but hey that’s just normal logic

U saying that somehow the coaches are sabotaging the QB lmao😂

They're sticking with upperclassmen, despite it not working. The coaches never really gave the opportunity for the other 3 QBs to even compete for the job. So indirectly, they have sabotaged the QB position. In year 3, the position should not look the way it does.

Advertisement
Bama? When tf did Perry look like tua lol...was perry not suspended for the opener? You dont give starting reps to a guy in prepparation if he ain’t being accountable..but hey that’s just normal logic
Yeah Bama, they had a veteran qb that led them to 3 championships and won two of them, one which he got benched. And how do you know what kosi really looks like? Tua had a good half of football compared to three winning years by the other guy. Plus you’re missing the point if there is going to be a quarterback competition let them compete as long as possible. When did the canes ever win championships by handing guys jobs and not letting them compete every single day. You don’t think Nick Saban knew that he was going to go with tua the entire time? He wanted him to compete to make him better that’s why he waited to announce

Yes you do because you have to prepare for the whole season, not just the first game.

All I want to see is #12 and #5 alternating series. Maybe two series for the starter, then 2 series for the backup, go with the guy who’s getting it done.

If Rosier comes out and goes 8-11 and leads TD drives on his first two series, great, keep him in until the game is out of hand and then give Perry reps with the 2’s. What I don’t want to see is Rosier go three and out on his first two drives and we keep trotting the guy back out there just to bang our head into a brick wall.
Please stop. It’s not going to happen. Rosier is not a good QB and never will be. It’s time to move on.

Advertisement
1. once you make the change, there is no going back regardless of how perry performs the rest of the way so you have to be sure perry is ready (2 quarters against a hs team where he still threw a pick doesnt really help in evaluations imo). i do think perry should be playing at least half of the game this weekend, next weekend, and the thursday night game vs UNC. it should give us a better idea if perry is ready to be out there vs FSU.
2. if theres a game we should expect rosier to play well, it is agaisnt toledo. he had his best game of the year last year against them coming off a 3 week layoff.
3. if the change is made at any point before FSU and we drop a few games during the year due to freshman mistakes, you guys cant go on *****ing about losses and wanting to fire everyone because, IF, perry isnt ready but a change is made, then you gotta deal w what comes (future losses).

Advertisement
Then we can all agree with got ourselves a corch. End of discussion

umm, if perry throws into triple coverage due to him just not being ready yet (for whatever reason but from what romberg says, hes been frustrating coaches all summer w his lack of prep), then those losses do occur. ive also heard that coaches ask him after every play during practice, what coverage he saw and what the d was running, and he has literally no answer for them (which is prolly how that pick against SSU happened).

1. once you make the change, there is no going back regardless of how perry performs the rest of the way so you have to be sure perry is ready (2 quarters against a hs team where he still threw a pick doesnt really help in evaluations imo). i do think perry should be playing at least half of the game this weekend, next weekend, and the thursday night game vs UNC. it should give us a better idea if perry is ready to be out there vs FSU.
2. if theres a game we should expect rosier to play well, it is agaisnt toledo. he had his best game of the year last year against them coming off a 3 week layoff.
3. if the change is made at any point before FSU and we drop a few games during the year due to freshman mistakes, you guys cant go on *****ing about losses and wanting to fire everyone because, IF, perry isnt ready but a change is made, then you gotta deal w what comes (future losses).
Fair points, I just can’t see them being much worse then malik, but I see higher upside. The coaches say he’s got the strongest arm, the best deep ball, best pocket awareness, he just has to learn the coverages. I think that should be taught to him ASAP and he needs meaningful reps in games, not just mop up duty. He needs reps with the ones when the game is still in jeopardy. So what do you think needs to happen? Ride with rosier until another big letdown loss then bench him? Do you think it’s his season and if it tanks we ride it out with him? What’s your leash on him? I’m sure you have one it’s just longer then most on this site because our leash broke already, I am genuinely interested to know how much longer that leash is for the guys that aren’t full blown on benching him.

Advertisement
umm, if perry throws into triple coverage due to him just not being ready yet (for whatever reason but from what romberg says, hes been frustrating coaches all summer w his lack of prep), then those losses do occur. ive also heard that coaches ask him after every play during practice, what coverage he saw and what the d was running, and he has literally no answer for them (which is prolly how that pick against SSU happened).

That’s why we pay cmr, litttle Jon and brown millions, if Perry is not the answer get the others ready

Fair points, I just can’t see them being much worse then malik, but I see higher upside. The coaches say he’s got the strongest arm, the best deep ball, best pocket awareness, he just has to learn the coverages. I think that should be thought to him ASAP and he needs meaningful reps in games, not just mop up duty. He needs reps with the ones when the game is still in jeopardy. So what do you think needs to happen? Ride with rosier until another big letdown loss then bench him? Do you think it’s his season and if it tanks we ride it out with him? What’s your leash on him? I’m sure you have one it’s just longer then most on this site because our leash broke already, I am genuinely interested to know how much longer that leash is for the guys that aren’t full blown on benching him.

im done w rosier, but from what i heard about perry regarding his ability to read (from a more important booster than the norm) is that he can make all the throws (we saw some of that against SSU), but he cant tell you what the coverages are if his life depended on it. i agree that a change should be made regardless of how the season turns out because we know what we're going to get out of malik. **** be inconsistent and may sprinkle in a few perfect quarters (Duke 1st, FSU 4th, Toledo, i thought drops hurt him a lot against cuse), but thats about it. he'll never be good enough to beat ranked teams unless everything else is going our way (VT, ND). i cant really decide on which QB is better outside of talent based on a game against SSU, but thats why he should be playing for half the game, at a minimum, the next three weeks and have a firm decision going into FSU. rosier hasnt done enough nor has he played well enough to earn the job outright with zero consequences.

That’s why we pay cmr, litttle Jon and brown millions, if Perry is not the answer get the others ready
This, even if richt makes the change and kosi tanks that’s still on him and not our faults cuz we wanted the change. Richt is the one getting paid to make these decisions and coach these players. If he makes the change then he’s of like mind as us that malik isn’t the answer but it’s still his decision to take the credit for or the backlash.

Advertisement
Back