Scenario to bench Malik

I wanna know @ what level of football does this theory exist lmao...I’ve always heard the opposite. That some players practice well but don’t show up when the lights come on... now a guy with talent aka Perry, can most definitley flash in a game. But consistancey comes from preforming in practice, stringing good days together...players, especially QBs have dna. Meaning they are creatures of habit. If a kid is turnover prone in practice it will show up in a game. If a guys is TO prone in college, it shows in the NFL. If a guy struggled with accuracy, it’ll show in a game (12). If a kid can’t read coverages in a meeting and respond on the field in practice, it’ll show up in a game (perry). It’s the coaches job to figure out witch bullet they want to bite.
It happens, you've never seen a backup come in and light it up? Many examples where even stars have lost their job. Only way to know is throw them out there and have patience.

Advertisement
It happens, you've never seen a backup come in and light it up? Many examples where even stars have lost their job. Only way to know is throw them out there and have patience.
Yea, I have and I pointed to that when I said A guy with talent may flash in a game or even a stretch of games
( cordale Jones) but when there’s a long enough serving size from practices or scrimmages trends will show up..for the QB position guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick or nick foles can come In and be more than serviceable. But water always finds its level. Neither are franchise guys for example. The fact is, this fan base (me included) was wrong in our assessment of Perry coming out of HS. I thought as many did when he signed that after his redshirt year he’d really be ready to challenge and take the job. But from stats and quotes from his 1st fall camp it was evident just how far behind he was in his development out of HS. I thought from what I saw from him in Hs heD pass rosier by now. I also underestimated 12s ability to hold him off in open comp for 2 years. But he has. Overall I can admit was wrong

You guys are the worst fans
LMAO. Dreaming up scenarios for us to be losing to a MAC team just so we can put in a backup QB who hasnt done enough in 2 years to earn a starting position
And worse that backup qb with no experience just increases the probability of losing.

I can’t speak for everyone but IMO it’s turning on the qb not the coach, they just want the coach to make the change which I feel is coming because malik is who he is. Richt expected improvement from malik and when that doesn’t happen over the course of these games he will make the change.
So if coach makes the change and the win total for this season drops to 7 or 8 games with a ****** bowl game then what?

I don’t see how he keeps him in if he is completing less then 60% in this game.

He does not complete 60% in any game and here we are. Pitt played a freshman QB (making his first start) last year vs our #2 ranked team and won. Somehow it’s impossible for CMR to play a freshman over someone who is truly a bad QB?

Look at the speed and talent in our offense yet Richt Sr and Jr had a game plan vs the likes of Savannah State that consisted of easy, baby throws. I mean a fifth year senior playing SS and the coaches do not trust Rozier to throw the ball.

Somehow, I still see people who believe the coaches narrative on Rozier.

Advertisement
He does not complete 60% in any game and here we are. Pitt played a freshman QB (making his first start) last year vs our #2 ranked team and won. Somehow it’s impossible for CMR to play a freshman over someone who is truly a bad QB?

Look at the speed and talent in our offense yet Richt Sr and Jr had a game plan vs the likes of Savannah State that consisted of easy, baby throws. I mean a fifth year senior playing SS and the coaches do not trust Rozier to throw the ball.

Somehow, I still see people who believe the coaches narrative on Rozier.
Soooo you want us to run all verticles and deep post..low percentage throws no matter who the comp is..and what exactly is the coaches narrative on **Rosier..the Same guy MR told to his face you will never play for me here..it’s like some of you really believe MR is starting Malik for any other reason other than he believes 12 still gives Him the best chance to win

Yea, I have and I pointed to that when I said A guy with talent may flash in a game or even a stretch of games
( cordale Jones) but when there’s a long enough serving size from practices or scrimmages trends will show up..for the QB position guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick or nick foles can come In and be more than serviceable. But water always finds its level. Neither are franchise guys for example. The fact is, this fan base (me included) was wrong in our assessment of Perry coming out of HS. I thought as many did when he signed that after his redshirt year he’d really be ready to challenge and take the job. But from stats and quotes from his 1st fall camp it was evident just how far behind he was in his development out of HS. I thought from what I saw from him in Hs heD pass rosier by now. I also underestimated 12s ability to hold him off in open comp for 2 years. But he has. Overall I can admit was wrong
So are you comparing malik to a franchise qb or saying that he can only be replaced by a franchise qb? Malik doesn’t deserve to keep the job because he’s been in the program longer, since the Pitt game I’m pretty sure he’s ranked last in fbs in almost any measurable qb stat. You keep talking abou kosi’s Stats but aren’t taking into account that 95% of his stats are with the two offense running on the one defense where 95% of Malik’s stats are with the one offense running on the two defense.

Richt is trying to ease Perry in gradually . I expect Rosier to play most of the game unless he really stinks it up.

Advertisement
So are you comparing malik to a franchise qb or saying that he can only be replaced by a franchise qb? Malik doesn’t deserve to keep the job because he’s been in the program longer, since the Pitt game I’m pretty sure he’s ranked last in fbs in almost any measurable qb stat. You keep talking abou kosi’s Stats but aren’t taking into account that 95% of his stats are with the two offense running on the one defense where 95% of Malik’s stats are with the one offense running on the two defense.
Ummm Perry was splitting reps with the 1st team in the beginning and throughout spring..and no I wasn’t comparing Malik to franchise QBs. Someone said had I ever seen a back up come in and light it up. I said yes and brought up the diff between a backup who can have moments and a franchise guy..my point is and what y’all don’t seem to get is the fact that perry couldn’t beat out 12..MR from the start of spring ball said it was a open comp throughout spring. we all assumed Perry would take advantage, including me. 12 came out atop the depth chart. In fact perry got himself suspended for the opener..so rosier beat out Perry and some of y’all just won’t admit that. And now all of a sudden the narrative is MR some how is sabotaging the QB situation. Bottom line is I thought coming out of HS and after a Rs year perry would beat out 12, I was wrong. 12 gave perry every opportunity to grab that spot, Perry showed he can’t even be dependable to travel with the team 🤷🏽‍♂️..I’m just laying out facts man. I don’t have a personal feeling toward rosier. I’m not defending his play. I’m also not pretending I know more about the situation than the coach who’s proven and sees these guys day in and day out..y’all get on this board everyday arguing the same narratives

Ummm Perry was splitting reps with the 1st team in the beginning and throughout spring..and no I wasn’t comparing Malik to franchise QBs. Someone said had I ever seen a back up come in and light it up. I said yes and brought up the diff between a backup who can have moments and a franchise guy..my point is and what y’all don’t seem to get is the fact that perry couldn’t beat out 12..MR from the start of spring ball said it was a open comp throughout spring. we all assumed Perry would take advantage, including me. 12 came out atop the depth chart. In fact perry got himself suspended for the opener..so rosier beat out Perry and some of y’all just won’t admit that. And now all of a sudden the narrative is MR some how is sabotaging the QB situation. Bottom line is I thought coming out of HS and after a Rs year perry would beat out 12, I was wrong. 12 gave perry every opportunity to grab that spot, Perry showed he can’t even be dependable to travel with the team 🤷🏽‍♂️..I’m just laying out facts man. I don’t have a personal feeling toward rosier. I’m not defending his play. I’m also not pretending I know more about the situation than the coach who’s proven and sees these guys day in and day out..y’all get on this board everyday arguing the same narratives
The moment it came out that Perry did something in the summer that would get him suspended, Malik Rosier was the starter. There absolutely was no open competition and Rosier got **** near all the first team reps throughout all of fall camp.

Advertisement
Rosier has exceeded every expectation ever placed on him
It's not his fault Perry hasn't lived up to his hype and potential. Rosier came in as a 3 star dual sport athlete never meant to take the field and see snaps..

Perry couldn't beat him straight up 2 years in a row and rosier leads us to 10 wins and breaks the program record for total TD's..

If y'all are mad at anyone be mad at yourselves for over hyping Perry or for Perry not being as good as he should be by now

Perry was never given an opportunity to play with the 1's. So miss me with that open competition nonsense.

No he wasn't. And in regards to Perry not unseating Rosier, that's what coaches are saying. Richt has a tendency to play upper classmen over younger players. This staff swore over and over that Knowles was better, yet the former gets plays over Hall who's a far better safety as a true freshman while Knowles is a RS JR.

Advertisement
Perry was never given an opportunity to play with the 1's. So miss me with that open competition nonsense.
Exactly, rosier was announced as the starter early and that took a lot of the competition out of the qb competition. Rosier then got the reps and that hurt the young qb’s abilities to develop sooner. Richts plan to get malik confident early so he will feel on top of the world by the season backfired now that we’re needing our younger guys to step in and be difference makers.

I would prefer for some long runs to go up by 21 followed by Malik throwing a bad INT. Then Perry goes in before halftime and balls out the rest of the game.

Yeah, I mean come on, I do not want to see this team down 2 TDs to Toledo.......no matter who the QB is.

We have three unknown but perhaps talented QBs on the bench. The best thing is for Rosier to take us undefeated the rest of the way in the same manner as last year. Then against Clemson, Mark almost chokes on a sandwich and has a vision. He then starts one of the unknown QBs against Clemson and they are not prepared. We win. Mark then realizes that all these years is problem has been not know when the make a change so he pulls the same thing in the first playoff game by starting yet another QB. Then against Bama for all the marbles, he installs the wishbone with yet another QB, **** maybe even Choc, and all those RBs we suddenly have. Saban has fit screaming at refs that we are cheating and is kick out of game. We win the title with the very offense we destroyed in the 80s.

Then Mark retires on top, and Butch MF Davis takes over as HC.

Exactly, rosier was announced as the starter early and that took a lot of the competition out of the qb competition. Rosier then got the reps and that hurt the young qb’s abilities to develop sooner. Richts plan to get malik confident early so he will feel on top of the world by the season backfired now that we’re needing our younger guys to step in and be difference makers.

On top of that, Richt admitted that he even apologized to Rosier for benching him during the Pitt game was the dumbest move I could think of. Rosier played like utter crap that game and the only reason he was put back in was because Perry and Weldon needed to keep their red-shirts. But yeah, none of the other QBs could unseat Rosier because Richt thought that having a QB competition would destroy Malik's confidence; we're now learning that this was a moot point as he's just not that good. Meanwhile we delayed the maturation and development of the other QBs that will be the future going forward.

Advertisement
Back