Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on some of his junior highlights, I can see your analysis ( minus the part about you fantasizing about your high school days), but he has improved his technique tremendously over the spring. Remember he has only been playing football 2 years and i think it's lazy of Coach Stroud to give up on Collins. It's also foolish of Collins to be chasing after UF considering how they have been slow playing him for over a year. But I can tell you this in Jamaican house, if mom says no then it's no, so in the end unless YF can win her over which I doubt given the Covid19 situation all Stroud has to do is keep mom happy.

Here is a clip of Collins using a combo pull and swim move this spring showing off his quickness, where as last year he was all bull rush.

Go Canes

You make good points here , even on me :) , I just don't like how's he's handling this knowing he's a beginner babe if you will the why is he on the verge of 5 star , do you see a 4-5 star stud consistently.

I still want Collins we can make him explode his talent , thank Heaven for Mom she knows Collins is in uncharted waters and can't give every team the sense he'll flip or if he does he'll be on the back burner as he might be now.

I feel we have a good hand and if he's still there we'll take him if not oh well.

Advertisement
IDK care how kids act at 17/18 yrs old there kids we have to remember that. As a staff and as a team Miami needs to take both period. He's only been playing FOR 2YRS so give him time to get his Sh.... together and he could be a great one. Miami will transform his body to be lean with good weight to take on olineman. And to be honest Taylor is a game changer period. Do we put all our chips in one bag for him sure if it means we going to have a lights out def.

If Collins statement is accurate (big IF), then this is ignorant of Miami to lose contact with a committed kid from home to chase some uncommitted kids. Not saying we shouldn't chase Taylor, but I never understand why this is one or the other as opposed to both. Keep talking to Collins and keep pursuing Taylor. Shoot there isn't much else going on so I know the coaches have time to keep texting and calling both.

Advertisement
IDK care how kids act at 17/18 yrs old there kids we have to remember that. As a staff and as a team Miami needs to take both period. He's only been playing FOR 2YRS so give him time to get his Sh.... together and he could be a great one. Miami will transform his body to be lean with good weight to take on olineman. And to be honest Taylor is a game changer period. Do we put all our chips in one bag for him sure if it means we going to have a lights out def.

Transform what body? This kid is a 6'3 300lbs manchild.
7d36b24221cc1697c5ddf59f745af697.jpg

AfxOdhlOSsHvh1pY.jpg

Go Canes

Advertisement
He's been linked to the Gaytors waaaay before we even got back in the mix for Taylor. IN MY OPINION, I think the coaches know we might've got played in the long run so hey, get it out the way now.

That's exactly what it seems like...hope we aren't getting played on both sides

Last edited:
Advertisement
Think writing has been on the wall that Miami will take him... but not gonna hold back in making it obvious Taylor is their prize...

sucks kid is doing this to himself by openly talking about the Gaytor buzz when they don’t want him currently or other favorite LSU...

And don’t get me confused I like the kid and want him... but he might stick in this class more so because his two other favorites just don’t care for the flip as they chase higher on the board croots .

I don't like this. Get as many big uglies in at DT as possible.

Blissett still looks like a DE at this point, and Roberts needs to put on 30+ lbs.

Why slow play Collins unless you feel very good about Taylor? As far as I know we're not recruiting many DTs this year. We need three IMO (Moise being one of those three already).

from what I read, UF doesn't want him right now as a commit.

I understand, but most Gaytor fans are so desperate for the Gaytor Flipz Machine to get them a former UM commit that they'll probably be OK with it.

Come on, they're taking 3 star commits right now.

Advertisement
I don't like this. Get as many big uglies in at DT as possible.

Blissett still looks like a DE at this point, and Roberts needs to put on 30+ lbs.

Why slow play Collins unless you feel very good about Taylor? As far as I know we're not recruiting many DTs this year. We need three IMO (Moise being one of those three already).

I highly, highly doubt he's actually being slow played. He's just saying that to make himself not appear to be a turncoat when he leaves.

It would be the most Miami recruiting move ever....Have a kid committed that you think might waver, start to process him to go after his teammate who you like more as a DT, only to have them both leave and we throw out an offer to some 2 star diamond in the rough we found in a salt cave in Utah....

Seems like they only have room for one more DT
, just spitballing but maybe Moise took his spot?? I know a lot of people think his upside is at guard, but Stroud is the one handling him so seems clear at this point he will start on D. Also somewhat hard with these two being teammates. You can't tell Collins one thing and Taylor another, they undoubtedly talk. So maybe thats why they said f it, lets go with Taylor.

Because I think it is too hard to recruit both. You can't tell both Collins AND Taylor they will get immediate playing time, if you are honest and tell Collins he may need to work but promise Taylor playing time it looks bad, you are recruiting two guys at the same position from the same team. IF they have a shot at Taylor, they may erode their credibility if he finds out they are telling Collins the same thing.

My take: You just answered your own question.

The roster and current recruiting cycle for D looks good, and ....

Agree with you that they only have (at most) room for one more DT either as a Jan entry or Feb signee.

Agree they know they're getting played, and know that the kid wants to be at UF for whatever insane reason that may be.

Agree that UF sees the same thing we do: the kid comes with enough baggage to choke a 747

Agree that if it's "just one more" for us, Collins isn't UM's first (or probably even second) choice.

Collins, as dense as he is, probably can figure all that out for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back