Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m critical of the staff when they deserve it. But does anyone really think Diaz and company who are trying to recruit all of these Palmetto kids would just stop talking to Collins? Sorry, i don’t believe it. This sounds like a way out. This staff will end up signing a great class with or without Collins.

Advertisement
He has that tweet from the UF writer posted on his Instagram live. And along with it he posted the head in hands emoji Not sure what that means- maybe he’s not happy those comments went public like they did. Seems odd

I’m critical of the staff when they deserve it. But does anyone really think Diaz and company who are trying to recruit all of these Palmetto kids would just stop talking to Collins? Sorry, i don’t believe it. This sounds like a way out. This staff will end up signing a great class with or without Collins.
This isn’t the first time Collins said he hasn’t been talking to the staff so there must be some truth to it

Advertisement
That was my first thought. Maybe Moise who is strong as an ox took his spot on the DL as a 1-tech DT. Maybe Stroud wants a 3-tech (penetrating DT) to compliment Moise and therefore prefers Taylor.

Just a thought...

Jovan Haye is the 1 tech in the class so im guessing the strategy your saying is true they'll take a 3 tech type....George Hooks out of NJ or Leonard Taylor. Im cool with it

These two are not even comparable. And fYI Collins is way more athletic than Darius. Not to mention you need a 1Tech to collapse the pocket from the middle while also playing the run.

Go Canes
I never compared them. I said what I said bc he said we just need bodies at DT. I wasn’t calling Collins Darius.

My take: You just answered your own question.

The roster and current recruiting cycle for D looks good, and ....

Agree with you that they only have (at most) room for one more DT either as a Jan entry or Feb signee.

Agree they know they're getting played, and know that the kid wants to be at UF for whatever insane reason that may be.

Agree that UF sees the same thing we do: the kid comes with enough baggage to choke a 747

Agree that if it's "just one more" for us, Collins isn't UM's first (or probably even second) choice.

Collins, as dense as he is, probably can figure all that out for himself.

if Moise took the DT spot and they only have room for another DT, I can see why they're saving it up for a guy like Leonard Taylor vs Collins.

Advertisement
Collins will not be in this class , he’s not a take. Pretty much the staff is over it, he doesn’t have the greatest work ethic. As I’ve posted to nauseam “ mom is the only reason he’s still committed”. She wants him here but at this point it’s only a matter of time. Tbh I thought he’d been decommited by now but he’s eventually got to do it because he’s not coming.

Im not trying to wreck a hs kid so I’ll just say he’s not cane material.

its likely more that the canes know they're being played by him and have known. if UF allowed him to commit, he'd be there now. hes only at UM for now bc the other schools he mentioned likely won't let him commit yet

They’re happy with what they have and like their chances with other prospects. He’s not worth the bs, plus he’s got very questionably work ethic.

Advertisement
Collins will not be in this class , he’s not a take. Pretty much the staff is over it, he doesn’t have the greatest work ethic. As I’ve posted to nauseam “ mom is the only reason he’s still committed”. She wants him here but at this point it’s only a matter of time. Tbh I thought he’d been decommited by now but he’s eventually got to do it because he’s not coming.

Im not trying to wreck a hs kid so I’ll just say he’s not cane material.
Interesting. Feels like the type of kid that ends up at Nebraska or Tennessee then lol. Anyway I liked the kid because of his size and teammates he has connections to but if there's a work ethic question mark, no thanks. Good luck to him.

my 2 cents:

Savion might have played himself.. I honestly think we are in a better position to land Taylor than most people think... Collins is waiting to get a greenlight, but if he cant see that the other schools are playing him, i dont knw what else to to say... LSU probably will be dropping Hundley and pick up commitments from Maason Smith and someone else...UF will land Desmond Watson...dont sleep on Christopher Thomas, he is 6'6 300 and we are tryin to flip him from UF.. reminds me of RJ Mcintosh..UM won't drop him, they will let him decommit first

Advertisement
my 2 cents:

Savion might have played himself.. I honestly think we are in a better position to land Taylor than most people think... Collins is waiting to get a greenlight, but if he cant see that the other schools are playing him, i dont knw what else to to say... LSU probably will be dropping Hundley and pick up commitments from Maason Smith and someone else...UF will land Desmond Watson...dont sleep on Christopher Thomas, he is 6'6 300 and we are tryin to flip him from UF.. reminds me of RJ Mcintosh..UM won't drop him, they will let him decommit first
They have already dropped him. I’m sure after months of barely talking to him they don’t have him as a commit. Doesn’t matter if he is publicly committed

Exactly.

This is the one position group that we've always got to have stacked.

Especially since he's from our backyard.

Need to sign this kid.

Take quality DTs whenever possible and take advantage of the fact that UF is slow playing him to keep him in the fold. Hope we arent just kicking him to the curb. I understand the Taylor pursuit obviously but that wont be an easy feat, need them both. We’ve signed 3 interior DL over the last 2 cycles (with Blissett moving to DE). **** IMO, 3 should be the goal every cycle if they’re the right ones, 2 minimum.

Keep Collins. I understand Taylor is the flashy, upfield penetrator but a Collins’ type is needed as well. Big, brute mf that can play 1T here and make it difficult for opponents to run on us ...

Nope. Seems like we have to choose between him or Taylor and yeah, I don't blame the pick the coaches are making.

Let's just make sure we don't make the same mistake we did with Dalvin Cook and Joe Yearby. We can't afford to miss on who is the better player of the 2. If we're going to take one, let's make sure we take the alpha.

GO CANES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back