Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have already dropped him. I’m sure after months of barely talking to him they don’t have him as a commit. Doesn’t matter if he is publicly committed
[/QUOTE]
He means publicly. Most schools don't drop players. They usually let the kid decommit first. Like Riggins last season, we knew for a couple months if not more that he wasn't going to be in the class. He tweeted about the staff not talking to him but he took forever to decommit. When he decided to to decommit it was brilliant on his part.

Advertisement
He's been linked to the Gaytors waaaay before we even got back in the mix for Taylor. IN MY OPINION, I think the coaches know we might've got played in the long run so hey, get it out the way now.
Honestly props to the staff if true, that’s been our biggest issue with the past couple staffs when it comes to recruiting. We always get left at the altar ever though the signs were there from the beginning

This isn’t the first time Collins said he hasn’t been talking to the staff so there must be some truth to it

Understood! However, this Collins to UF stuff has been talked about all over the place. With a 25 player cap, I’m fine with Diaz going someplace like Jersey for someone like the kid from St. Peter’s.
I am with you that if they just choose to ignore the kid is would rub me the wrong way. Or Maybe Diaz knows more then we do. I’m just tired of the Canes getting played. After Diaz met with coaches from Palmetto a couple of weeks back, so just can’t see him saying “ F off “ to the kid while he’s trying to sign other kids from his school.

Advertisement
Let's just make sure we don't make the same mistake we did with Dalvin Cook and Joe Yearby. We can't afford to miss on who is the better player of the 2. If we're going to take one, let's make sure we take the alpha.

GO CANES!!!
We wanted Cook first and had him all but wrapped up. James Coley came over from FSU, who had Yearby’s commitment at the time. Coley was his main recruiter and was close to his handler. Yearby flipped to us. Cook didn’t want to play in the same backfield as Yearby again. He went to FSU. When Yearby came over, Cook wasn’t a five star yet and people argued who was going to be better in college. Now we know lol Jimbo lucked *** backwards into a national championship, partly because we hired the overrated bagman

What will frost me is , when Collins gets shunned from others and comes back to us to confirm commit he'll saw I was always a Cane at heart my dream school I'm 100% Cane....LMAO.

Advertisement
If Collins statement is accurate (big IF), then this is ignorant of Miami to lose contact with a committed kid from home to chase some uncommitted kids. Not saying we shouldn't chase Taylor, but I never understand why this is one or the other as opposed to both. Keep talking to Collins and keep pursuing Taylor. Shoot there isn't much else going on so I know the coaches have time to keep texting and calling both.
You are right keep the kid on and push him to recruit Taylor.

For those saying keep him on to recruit Taylor you wouldn’t say that if you knew the story. First off don’t believe the hype , neither gives two ***** about what the other is doing. Second, the staff doesn’t see the work ethic and type of player worth dealing with all the bs that comes with his recruitment. If UF had a spot now he’s been jumped , the staff knows this and gives zero f’s.

Last edited:
For those saying keep him on to recruit Taylor you wouldn’t say that if you knew the story. First off don’t believe the hype , neither gives two ***** about what the other is doing. Second, the staff doesn’t see the work ethic and type of player worth dealing with all the bs that comes with his recruitment. If UF had a spot now he’s been jumped , the staff knows this and gives zero f’s.
You mean Collins?

Crowder from 560 WQAM , said he can look at a player and with in 30 seconds can tell you he isn't worth a blank.

I understand Collins being a new born , but either his coaching stinks or he's WAY over rated .I believe Crowder is spot on. If know anything about football and what goes along with it you can see Collins is NOT a 2 star he's way over weight eye hand coordination is bad just to many weird none D-1 player type right now.
Jr college or D-2 would do wonders for him and if he's anything like his hype he'll set records and draw NFL attention , but playing D-1 on a top 15 team he'll walk away as a heart-ship claiming family issue and leave .
He's a good kid but WAY WAY over his head and game .

Cribby you nailed this spot-on with common sense.

Advertisement
I
I like that attitude from the staff. Tired of getting strung along by guys where you can see the writing on the wall. If they’re looking for any reason to not come here, move on from em.

Crowder from 560 WQAM , said he can look at a player and with in 30 seconds can tell you he isn't worth a blank.

I understand Collins being a new born , but either his coaching stinks or he's WAY over rated .I believe Crowder is spot on. If know anything about football and what goes along with it you can see Collins is NOT a 2 star he's way over weight eye hand coordination is bad just to many weird none D-1 player type right now.
Jr college or D-2 would do wonders for him and if he's anything like his hype he'll set records and draw NFL attention , but playing D-1 on a top 15 team he'll walk away as a heart-ship claiming family issue and leave .

Miami was built on good athletes that out work everyone. I’ll just leave it at that.

Advertisement

Very strong indictment. Not saying this is incorrect but your point is not only that we shouldn't continue to recruit him, but also that we should not take him even if he wants to play for UM.

Very strong indictment. Not saying this is incorrect but your point is not only that we shouldn't continue to recruit him, but also that we should not take him even if he wants to play for UM.
We offered he accepted couple years ago and has been wavering and setting up his exit for awhile now , not once has he denounced the chatter of him flipping on another site it show him a hard commit yet 100% to Florida.
Unless it's true I'd be telling my son you need to cut this out or flip it's the adult thing to do or you'll alienate everyone, that's not good.

Now since we don't pull offers if Collins wants confirm his commitment to Miami GREAT but no promises he has to come in ready and in game shape or he'll scout team till he matures .

Collins has everything needed to dominate he really does but he has to know D-1 is like NFL to high school especially if on a team making a ACCC run , the beasts in the pits are animals beyond what he's ever dreamed of.

I just don't see 4-5 star here in Collins any way , I'll take him but he needs to decide or he'll portal fast.

Let's just make sure we don't make the same mistake we did with Dalvin Cook and Joe Yearby. We can't afford to miss on who is the better player of the 2. If we're going to take one, let's make sure we take the alpha.

GO CANES!!!
I'm pretty sure if the alpha wanted in (meaning Taylor), we'd accept it in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back