Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, I really dont know what to look when it comes to DT. I know Moise has a better shuttle and his tape is better at the DT, but Collins has some good athletic traits, besides that shuttle. I am not sure which translates to the next level better.
I gotcha. It seems like most think Moise is an OG here. If that’s the case, we probably need both.

Advertisement
He better be careful , he's just a big child who's not as good as he thinks and has no endurance taking plays off jogging around falling on people to get assist tackles.

Yes , I'd take him but a HUGE project no agility straight bulldozer a good OL player would eat his lunch , I surely would back in the day easily no doubt, I'd have his hands on his hips in one series.

Just my thoughts from his film , BIG EYE DON'T LIE.

Advertisement
If they don’t help the team **** em. You want Darius “The Plug” again??

These two are not even comparable. And fYI Collins is way more athletic than Darius. Not to mention you need a 1Tech to collapse the pocket from the middle while also playing the run.

Go Canes

He better be careful , he's just a big child who's not as good as he thinks and has no endurance taking plays off jogging around falling on people to get assist tackles.

Yes , I'd take him but a HUGE project no agility straight bulldozer a good OL player would eat his lunch , I surely would back in the day easily no doubt, I'd have his hands on his hips in one series.

Just my thoughts from his film , BIG EYE DON'T LIE.

Based on some of his junior highlights, I can see your analysis ( minus the part about you fantasizing about your high school days), but he has improved his technique tremendously over the spring. Remember he has only been playing football 2 years and i think it's lazy of Coach Stroud to give up on Collins. It's also foolish of Collins to be chasing after UF considering how they have been slow playing him for over a year. But I can tell you this in Jamaican house, if mom says no then it's no, so in the end unless YF can win her over which I doubt given the Covid19 situation all Stroud has to do is keep mom happy.

Here is a clip of Collins using a combo pull and swim move this spring showing off his quickness, where as last year he was all bull rush.

Go Canes

Last edited:
If he's can apply himself and breakaway for the big dude mold , we can make him a force. He was bigger then everyone he played ans should have had a record sacks and tackles with the load he brings.
Conditioning is he greatest enemy , If he stays he'll have a HUGE reality check to major beasts equal to his size , it will be a SHOCKER . Question how will he deal with getting beat day in day out till he adjust his choice , he needs lots of coaching in his head.

Advertisement
UF ain't dumb they playing the game. They really only want Marshal, Taylor and maybe Collier from Palmetto. They don't care for Smith and Collins. Uf has 20 commits. They still need 2 wr, a RB and are after Langston, Taylor, Desmond Watson, Keanu Koht, Marshall and Collier. They playing the game.

Advertisement
You like Collins over Moise? I’m just saying, if he doesn’t play OG here.

That was my first thought. Maybe Moise who is strong as an ox took his spot on the DL as a 1-tech DT. Maybe Stroud wants a 3-tech (penetrating DT) to compliment Moise and therefore prefers Taylor.

Just a thought...

Advertisement
I'm not sure, I really dont know what to look when it comes to DT. I know Moise has a better shuttle and his tape is better at the DT, but Collins has some good athletic traits, besides that shuttle. I am not sure which translates to the next level better.
Only thing I dont like about Collins is he doesnt seem over powering like I see him get stuck on blocks where the o lineman barely is touching him. I wouldn't mind dropping for him. My only concern with moise is he didn't look the same disruptive player before his surgery

That was my first thought. Maybe Moise who is strong as an ox took his spot on the DL as a 1-tech DT. Maybe Stroud wants a 3-tech (penetrating DT) to compliment Moise and therefore prefers Taylor.

Just a thought...
You have an excellent point here , maybe unfolding slowly , hey when you keep throwing Gainesville in your commitments teams face through sources well you get what you get and we may have found out what I've been posting. When your phone doesn't ring like in any business isn't good Collins may be stuck in the mess he's made.

He lives near Miami he could have trained with fellow commits he could have made an effort (key word) but he hasn't and now maybe everyone is going cold seriously by now he's a D-2 player mentally a future portal at best.

I was always a fan of Collins but his attitude in all this has me questioning his convictions

UF ain't dumb they playing the game. They really only want Marshal, Taylor and maybe Collier from Palmetto. They don't care for Smith and Collins. Uf has 20 commits. They still need 2 wr, a RB and are after Langston, Taylor, Desmond Watson, Keanu Koht, Marshall and Collier. They playing the game.
Our staff needs to learn how to play this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back