Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
drop him. he isn't a take at UF right now and hes just using us as his placeholder.

That's the feeling we get over at Swamp Gas. Seems like Watson is a bigger priority at the moment than Collins with Thomas being a "conditional" take. We'd take Taylor, Watson, and Collins obviously but Watson has been mentioning A&M recently who knows

DE:

Boone
Sapp
Langston (?)

DT:

Thomas
Watson (?)
Taylor (?)
Collins (?)

Not to mention Gilliam, Jeremiah Williams, and Armitage

Last edited:
Advertisement
I understand that everyone wants Collins but he's the one who started all of this. Some months ago he said the only reason he was still committed to us was because of his mom. When the writings on the wall I don't blame our staff. In addition it was reported a few months ago that we were still evaluating him.

My guess is that Collins wants to flip and it's no longer his mom holding him back. He doesn't have the greenlight from UF or LSU and this might be his way of trying to get back on our radar. If that's the case he should call up Manny. Again, this is a guess I don't know shiitt, I'm most likely 100% wrong. This is just my opinion of things.

Last edited:
Neither side wants to admit it but we're both each others back-up option. Until UF offers Savion a spot or we land Taylor, status quo remains
I don't get why we don't expand our DT board? I'm sure we can find a good out of state DT who wants to play here.

I understand that but I don’t agree with the recruiting strategy. DT is one of the most important positions to recruit. Collins can play. Why cut off communication with the kid regardless of Taylor? Doesn’t make sense. Reeks of the time tested strategy we have seen not work at this program
Manny's approach since he's taken over is take kids who want to be here... Clearly he doesn't want to be here. A bad attitude out weighs any type of talent you may have

Advertisement
Good lord these kids get played!!!!

I imagine the only ones that hold commitments are the ones that can handle a girl friend in high school.

I understand that everyone wants Collins but he's the one who started all of this. Some months ago he said the only reason he was still committed to us was because of his mom. When the writings on the wall I don't blame our staff. In addition it was reported a few months ago that we were still evaluating him.

My guess is that Collins wants to flip and it's no longer his mom holding him back. He doesn't have the greenlight from UF or LSU and this might be his way if trying to get back on our radar. If that's the case he should call up Manny. Again, this is a guess I don't know shiitt, I'm most likely 100% wrong. This is just my opinion of things.
I agree with everything you said.

Advertisement
Maybe they want to bring an in extra WR or RB. To be honest if he is being processed out it would be a ****** decision. You can never recruit too many DTs, since the games are won in the trenches.
If they don’t help the team **** em. You want Darius “The Plug” again??

Why are we dropping this kid?
I just have a feeling that once Collins started flirting with Florida after his commitment, Manny grew sour of the situation. He has this no visit policy afer committing that he installed. So, if you have that policy, you have to follow thru with it. I don't blame him.

If you made the decision to be a CANE, then be a CANE. Otherwise, move the **** along!!!

I understand that, but Collins is making it seem UM is dropping the contact. Which to me is not a good idea. Recruiting is very fluid, just imagine if we keep Collins committed, get Brashard and Taylor, and have a good season, I'm pretty sure he would stay committed. That scenario is pretty realistic as well.
It could be a great move if we swap him with Taylor. Then how would you feel?

Advertisement
This is the longest commit we’ve had that everyone expects him to decommit. Has to be mom keeping him from leaving
Agreed there has been a sense that he would have flipped to UF already if his mom had been able to visit.

I would have liked to take him and Taylor; I’d be interested to know the specifics of him not speaking to the staff and if that is them not reaching out or him not taking their calls.

Advertisement
So you don't want Miami to constantly get played or you want Miami to "show love" to a kid that has made it clear he's bouncing as soon as he gets an offer elsewhere? Which is it?

You either drop kids that are clearly using Miami as a placeholder or get embarrassed when you tell the kid he's a priority and he leaves anyways.

Make up your minds.

It could be a great move if we swap him with Taylor. Then how would you feel?
I wouldn't mind, but history tells me that is not likely to happen and you can never go wrong stacking bodies at one of these most important positions on the team.

I wouldn't mind, but history tells me that is not likely to happen and you can never go wrong stacking bodies at one of these most important positions on the team.
You like Collins over Moise? I’m just saying, if he doesn’t play OG here.

You like Collins over Moise? I’m just saying, if he doesn’t play OG here.
I'm not sure, I really dont know what to look when it comes to DT. I know Moise has a better shuttle and his tape is better at the DT, but Collins has some good athletic traits, besides that shuttle. I am not sure which translates to the next level better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back