Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Miami Coaches want 5⭐️ Leonard Taylor who was was right next to Savion during this interview....
I understand that but I don’t agree with the recruiting strategy. DT is one of the most important positions to recruit. Collins can play. Why cut off communication with the kid regardless of Taylor? Doesn’t make sense. Reeks of the time tested strategy we have seen not work at this program

Advertisement
This is the longest commit we’ve had that everyone expects him to decommit. Has to be mom keeping him from leaving
I understand that, but Collins is making it seem UM is dropping the contact. Which to me is not a good idea. Recruiting is very fluid, just imagine if we keep Collins committed, get Brashard and Taylor, and have a good season, I'm pretty sure he would stay committed. That scenario is pretty realistic as well.

Could be true OR maybe they have their eyes on other DTs.
That could be a possibility, I just haven't seen that many DTs UM has been recruiting, the last name I saw on the board was George Rooks. Correct if I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200623-105416.png

Not a take for LSU at the moment either.

I will say this maybe they like a different DT. But Collins, though raw, as some pretty good traits. I will say this though, his shuttle is not very good for a DT, but he does have a good 40 time and vertical.

That could be a possibility, I just haven't seen that many DTs UM has been recruiting, the last name I saw on the board was George Rooks. Correct if I'm wrong.
Yeah I'm not too sure. But yeah I'm always for keeping the line beefed up but That is a strong position for us at the moment so I assume we're just focusing on weaker areas.

Advertisement

It would be the most Miami recruiting move ever....Have a kid committed that you think might waver, start to process him to go after his teammate who you like more as a DT, only to have them both leave and we throw out an offer to some 2 star diamond in the rough we found in a salt cave in Utah....

Seems like they only have room for one more DT, just spitballing but maybe Moise took his spot?? I know a lot of people think his upside is at guard, but Stroud is the one handling him so seems clear at this point he will start on D. Also somewhat hard with these two being teammates. You can't tell Collins one thing and Taylor another, they undoubtedly talk. So maybe thats why they said f it, lets go with Taylor.

I understand that but I don’t agree with the recruiting strategy. DT is one of the most important positions to recruit. Collins can play. Why cut off communication with the kid regardless of Taylor? Doesn’t make sense. Reeks of the time tested strategy we have seen not work at this program

Because I think it is too hard to recruit both. You can't tell both Collins AND Taylor they will get immediate playing time, if you are honest and tell Collins he may need to work but promise Taylor playing time it looks bad, you are recruiting two guys at the same position from the same team. IF they have a shot at Taylor, they may erode their credibility if he finds out they are telling Collins the same thing.

I understand that, but Collins is making it seem UM is dropping the contact. Which to me is not a good idea. Recruiting is very fluid, just imagine if we keep Collins committed, get Brashard and Taylor, and have a good season, I'm pretty sure he would stay committed. That scenario is pretty realistic as well.
Trust me if we have a good season 10+ wins and get Brashard and Taylor then Savion will stay with the U

Advertisement
Need to sign this kid.

Take quality DTs whenever possible and take advantage of the fact that UF is slow playing him to keep him in the fold. Hope we arent just kicking him to the curb. I understand the Taylor pursuit obviously but that wont be an easy feat, need them both. We’ve signed 3 interior DL over the last 2 cycles (with Blissett moving to DE). **** IMO, 3 should be the goal every cycle if they’re the right ones, 2 minimum.

Keep Collins. I understand Taylor is the flashy, upfield penetrator but a Collins’ type is needed as well. Big, brute mf that can play 1T here and make it difficult for opponents to run on us ...

Last edited:
I will say this maybe they like a different DT. But Collins, though raw, as some pretty good traits. I will say this though, his shuttle is not very good for a DT, but he does have a good 40 time and vertical.

I will say this you made some good points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back