Sam Brooks decommited

Advertisement
You said FSU lost their OC, how many decommitments they got?

I answered you. They lost 33% of their offensive recruiting class. Sam Howell, their crown jewel, is on shaky ground. But we all know South Florida athletes are built different. Would you like Richt to come out and say, "Man, we're just dejected with all these decommits. We're scrambling to get on solid footing. The building is shook right now." ????

One of the main attributes of a HC is that he's a good politician. Stop listening to what coaches say and pay attention to results and you'll be a lot better off.

Results?

How can I be good with this results?

Advertisement
You said FSU lost their OC, how many decommitments they got?

I answered you. They lost 33% of their offensive recruiting class. Sam Howell, their crown jewel, is on shaky ground. But we all know South Florida athletes are built different. Would you like Richt to come out and say, "Man, we're just dejected with all these decommits. We're scrambling to get on solid footing. The building is shook right now." ????

One of the main attributes of a HC is that he's a good politician. Stop listening to what coaches say and pay attention to results and you'll be a lot better off.

How many did UGA lose after losing their DC?

Is it kosher to say this kid is overrated now? I've said all along that his projection is cloudy as a severely undersized edge rusher who lives off unblocked production and lacks the movement skills in space to excel off the line of scrimmage.

Is it kosher to say this kid is overrated now? I've said all along that his projection is cloudy as a severely undersized edge rusher who lives off unblocked production and lacks the movement skills in space to excel off the line of scrimmage.

You’ve been saying it consistently, so it’s not sour grapes. But I can’t agree.

He has the movement skills. He ran 4.62 laser with 4.20 shuttle with 36 inch VJ as a sophomore. Miami offered him when he played off the ball in camp. There is still some recovery left, but no reason to think he won’t be back to same speed and burst.

As you know, it’s a tough a transition from DE to LB and not everybody makes it. But I think Brooks has three things going for him: (1) the athletic ability; (2) he is an excellent tackler who gets low and wraps; and (3) he has outstanding instincts. He’s not a pin his ears back rusher. He had five scoop and scores in the past couple years and always seemed to be around the ball.

I really hope we get him back.

Advertisement
I’m still hittin the bottle. 15 ******* decommits and 2020 may have more.
Yup. If we lose to the gates and the noles and lose to Shiite teams like uva we will be looking outside the top 30 unless saban comes to coach this team.
No available coach out there in the price range 4-5 mill can make kids come.

Advertisement
I dunno if it's been said in this thread yet because I'm too lazy to go back and find it...but Brooks was the last kid I thought would be the first kid to decommit...I wasn't shocked at the decommit, I was shocked that it was him though. I thought it would be Brownlee because it seems like he's already got both feet out the door and heading elsewhere. Brooks just beat him to the punch.

I hope D$ is correct in his assertion that we still land Brooks. That dude's best football is still ahead of him...major playmaker, just has to stay healthy and develop.

Way more important pieces could have left. We have
6’2, 194, 4.62, 4.20, 36 VJ and 117 SPARQ as a sophomore. Outstanding production for three years. He’s a monster.
And his numbers since the injury?

Advertisement
UGA never stopped recruiting him, you all just talk looking from the outside in, I coached the kid and I still am very close to the family. If he decides to go to UM you all will be the same ones kissing his *** for an autograph.
Nobody cares about your feelings. He brought this on himself with the timing of the decision. Your feelings are going to be really hurt when we are cheering for him to fail when he isn't a cane.

Advertisement
Back