Sam Brooks decommited

Update by Ivins:

Miami were about to stop recruiting him and deny him and his family the OV. Btw Brooks talked to UM staffers (Patke also) and he said that he messed up.

He will visit and he still in play even if we don’t know when he will sign.
That’s a positive then right

Advertisement
Unfortunately, we are in no position to tell anybody of talent to kick rocks right now. But **** this kid for doing what he did.

Advertisement
So he called the staff and told them he messed up? Didn’t back off of his decommitment, but admitted he messed up? Makes complete sense. Man these coaches are a lot better than me. I’d freak the **** out on these kids.
They probably did. Sounded like they were about to tell him to kick rocks.

Update by Ivins:

Miami were about to stop recruiting him and deny him and his family the OV. Btw Brooks talked to UM staffers (Patke also) and he said that he messed up.

He will visit and he still in play even if we don’t know when he will sign.
I hope when he comes the coaches come together in front of all the recruits and say it's a family here we make mistakes but always can come bsck together. Kid made a mistake then acted like a man to apologize so im good come on home

Unfortunately, we are in no position to tell anybody of talent to kick rocks right now. But **** this kid for doing what he did.
He acted like a dumb, emotional kid just like a kid who sends a dumb tweet but he was man enough to admit he's wrong **** at 17 I wish this eas the dumbest thing I did

Advertisement
He acted like a dumb, emotional kid just like a kid who sends a dumb tweet but he was man enough to admit he's wrong **** at 17 I wish this eas the dumbest thing I did

From what I can gather, he admitted he messed up by taking it to social media rather than coming to the coaches. Didn’t change his decommitment status or anything like that. I truly wish we were in a position to tell kids like this to **** off. He’ll be the first one threatening to transfer if **** doesn’t go his way.

You're good man, trust me when I tell you I’m not that type of person. I know that happens here a lot, however I wholeheartedly believe we can not afford to lose Solomon, and if he decommits that would be a huge blow. Secondly, I have made posts here in the past saying your either with us or against us, I think if a kid decommits ✌ next man up.

Right on bro. I agree man. This season has been crazy, both on and off the field.

Don’t know how long u’ve been a fan, but my guy I can’t remember any season like this. Even if we sucked on the field, we had some guys that still came, but man, everybody is jumping ship. Lol.

Advertisement
Right on bro. I agree man. This season has been crazy, both on and off the field.

Don’t know how long u’ve been a fan, but my guy I can’t remember any season like this. Even if we sucked on the field, we had some guys that still came, but man, everybody is jumping ship. Lol.
Man I’ve been a fan since I can remember the Canes are my first love. Even the Golden years with the cloud wasn’t this bad. This **** is crazy right now, I thought for sure with Richt things couldn’t get even remotely close to what they where with Golden but mannnn, it’s close, I thought his 1st season was his floor but it looks like I might be proven wrong.

Advertisement
So is it true the coaches have moved on and told him you had your chance and blew your load and now the chick ain’t comin back? **** I don’t even know if that makes sense I’m slinging shots of Jack.

You’ve been saying it consistently, so it’s not sour grapes. But I can’t agree.

He has the movement skills. He ran 4.62 laser with 4.20 shuttle with 36 inch VJ as a sophomore. Miami offered him when he played off the ball in camp. There is still some recovery left, but no reason to think he won’t be back to same speed and burst.

As you know, it’s a tough a transition from DE to LB and not everybody makes it. But I think Brooks has three things going for him: (1) the athletic ability; (2) he is an excellent tackler who gets low and wraps; and (3) he has outstanding instincts. He’s not a pin his ears back rusher. He had five scoop and scores in the past couple years and always seemed to be around the ball.

I really hope we get him back.

Dude keeps pumping up before injury numbers as if thats going to help his argument

Stop while your ahead D! This kid is an idiot for ****ting on a staff that loved his talent and his rep within the MNW school going forward... he did the biggest slap in the face by not even just taking a day to think this out.

I would re-evaluate this kid when we bring in our new DC(his choice if he wants to take or grab a guy he prefers) and yes I would cancel his OV this weekend

Advertisement
Back