Saban calls out Miami while complaining about NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The important question here, is this what finally pushes Saban into retirement and away from CFB?!?! I freaking hope so.
They can roll ole Dabo in to pick up where Saban left off at with NIL.

Advertisement
This is some of the best sports dramedy that I can ever recall. I love this. Lane Kiffin doing his best Don King hypeman, Jimbo looking worse for wear just spilling all of the family secrets, media showing their ***, Saban looking like he is about to have a stroke in the new NIL climate, Emmert running for the hills. This is absolute gold.
And NIL and transfers turns college football into a year round experience. If these old men were smart they would understand how much buzz their sport is receiving at a time of year when it never did and see the benefit. Instead they all like to retreat to their corner and complain about how “it was different back in my day”.

The important question here, is this what finally pushes Saban into retirement and away from CFB?!?! I freaking hope so.
I told a buddy today that I think this very well could be his last year. His protector Emmert is heading out and he knows the NCAA can’t stop this because it’s a SCOTUS ruling.

Advertisement
Noles tears in this thread……

1652981713750.png

1652981820486.jpeg

1652982196310.png

1652982282502.png

1652982622819.png

Advertisement
More Saban fans...

Some highlights:

Nick Saban spoke the truth in public Wednesday night. The Alabama coach said in public what he has been saying in private for several months. He said in public what Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin said in February and reiterated Thursday.

Of course Texas A&M bought its way to the top of the recruiting rankings. Texas crude is selling for $107 per barrel. That’s the game right now. It will be the game until the NCAA or Congress or Pope Francis or anyone with the requisite juice finds a way to replace the guardrails that the judicial system and state legislatures have taken down in college athletics.

Guardrails, it turns out, are stuck in the supply chain along with everything else these days.

Saban committed the gaffe (the Michael Kinsley definition: you say in public an obvious truth you aren’t supposed to say in public) of naming Texas A&M and Jackson State. He is already paying a price for that. A&M coach Jimbo Fisher called it “despicable” Thursday morning and suggested that Saban’s former assistants be asked about his practices. We could have started with Fisher, Saban’s offensive coordinator at LSU for five seasons, but he went no further on that topic.

I figured Bama had the boosters to funnel 10M+ immediately just based on their decades old bag system. I assumed they could get to the 20-30M range because of how much money the football operation produces for the school. But maybe they really do top out below that.

A&M has both the crazy fans and the big oil & gas money. I think they can't go punch for punch with any media-based program as long as they run their NIL companies legally. Georgia and LSU are lesser dogs, but they're still in the hunt.

I don't see Ole Miss, Auburn, South Carolina, Florida types having sustainable NIL funding at the levels we're talking about. I think the SEC as a whole really suffers now that bags are no longer relevant. Clemson and FSU as well, obviously.
Remember though that NIL money is not about how much money the program produces but rather about how much money corporations are willing to pay players for the NIL. I‘m confident Bama has a ton of boosters but do their boosters own companies that can compete with the billionaires company owners that UM and USC and the Texas schools have. That is the problem.

So much to digest here.
I saw this last night and it struck me that this seems to be something he was telling boosters.

I feel like he got a lot of heat for not beating uga. And it probably bothered the sht out of him that it was Kirby.
The boosters were probably upset they spent all that money and didn’t win.

This is the second time he’s said something that was previously out of character for him. The first was calling out his receivers in public.

Now he’s out there warning his boosters that they will lose recruits to other teams because the other teams are cheating. El O Fckng El!!.

He said that they will be mad that they paid nil money to some freshman. And if he doesn’t start him he’ll transfer and the boosters will call him all upset cause they spent all this money for a player that transferred. Really bro? So in other words Bamas boosters and Nicky don’t have the same power to get or keep recruits like they did before.

Then he calls out schools!!!!!!
As a person who grew up around criminals he broke the golden rule of doing dirty sht..
No snitching!!! And not only did he snitch but he snitched on himself!!!!!
And he snitched in public!!!
Do you know what happens when you snitch??!!
It sets off a domino line of snitching that might end up coming back at you. I waited and waited before posting cause I knew former players were gonna come out on social media. Because social media is the king of all snitches.

I’ve posted on here that the truth about nick Saban will eventually come out. The truth is that he just buys all the talent on and off the field. He scares everyone that works for him and they hate working for him. It’s a known fact and jimbo just blasted it.
The reason no one ever said anything about Saban was cause his record was clean, his image was legendary. Coming after him sets off a chain of events calling you a hater who’s envious of greatness

He’s not the greatest coach ever. He’s the greatest at amassing talent and holding on to it. For years he had a 3 string full of blue chippers killing each other in practice. Easy formula. An entire establishment created to cover all tracks of any illicit activity. The sht was so perfect and his image so spotless that no one in the sports works ever questioned how the Fck he moved an entire family from Hawaii to tuskkaloosa. We’re not talking about 4 people either.

And he did it with big money behind them. And now he’s calling people out for doing it legally while that school and the rest of the sec did it like they were untouchable because they were.

If I was the other sec schools I would tell him to stfu!! But his ego and the pressure he’s about to feel by the dudes that have bankrolled those players and TUas entire family are ****ed and they want their little darling Nicky to go after everyone else that’s not letting them get the players they want.

Nicky is going after people that know where the bodies are buried. Bad idea.

More Saban fans...

It's ignorant. Nobody has ever said recruiting WAS NOT "all about money".

The issue is not the factual/non-factual nature of what Saban said.

The issue is, AND WILL ALWAYS BE, the massive hypocrisy of the greatest cheater in college football over the past 20 years calling out OTHER programs for cheating. Particularly when the things he is talking about with aTm and Miami and Jackson State are either legal or are very close to being legal.

Advertisement
Remember though that NIL money is not about how much money the program produces but rather about how much money corporations are willing to pay players for the NIL. I‘m confident Bama has a ton of boosters but do their boosters own companies that can compete with the billionaires company owners that UM and USC and the Texas schools have. That is the problem.

I think that is where the problem lies. Alabama's boosters are not billionaire company owners. In addition, there in a small market. It's a recipe for decline for them and a good bit of the SEC programs outside of A&M.

Schools that Nick Saban called out:

1. Historically black school (Jackson State)
2. School with a billionaire Hispanic booster (Miami)
3. School that is "SEC-In-Name-Only" (aTm)

Schools that Nick Saban did not call out:

1. Auburn
2. UGa
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. Clemson
6. South Carolina
7. Ole Miss
8. Mississippi State
9. Arkansas
10. Kentucky
11. Vanderbilt
12. LSU

You are NOT allowed to cheat like an SEC school if your university falls within the state borders of Missouri, Oklahoma, or Texas. Those are not REAL Conferederate States, no real Civil War battles took place in those states.

Advertisement

Bruce (immediately calling Mario): Hey buddy! So listen, I need a quote from "a former SEC assistant".

Mario: I got you, papi.

Bruce: Cool. Cool. Listen, that article about how Miami is actually doing this all the right way and should be the standard for actual NIL practices is going to drop on Monday. I figured I'd do it on a day I'm going on Cowherd and Eisen .

Mario: That's why I love you. So listen, primo. Can we somehow mention that Terry Saban is fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back