Saban calls out Miami while complaining about NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like me and you always said.

Where are allllll the posters on this board that said Bama was going to run nil, bruce young got a million oh no 1 can compete with them or that.

In literally less than 4 months....the supposed GOAT is crying..scared. I mean the man is crying about an HBCU and throwing in Miami basketball.

Even he knows there is only so much NIL that can be reciprocated where he is in Alabama..and it's not sustainable for his Roster to control the kids that he has because now they will be making more than most. It's why he ran away from the nfl he is a control freak. Big school like bama and hes crying about only getting 25 guys nils...we have walk ons getting a piece.

Jimbo Fisher about to be on hisazz, Deion Sanders definately about to light his ***, I for sure hope Um is all over his *** an gets to Fox sports to air him since ESPN is in his pockets for the most part. History saw a Jayson William's the basketball player light him up though.

We also have to be honest.

Alabama has NOT done poorly under NIL. At least not yet.

They have funneled millions to CURRENT players, even if they don't announce huge/splashy numbers with recruits.

And they just signed the #2 recruiting class.

Little Nicky Satan just set off an atomic bomb in the Olympic Village because he got one silver medal after 16 years of gold medals.

Advertisement
Texas A&M have been "world class" cheaters for eons.

I remember waaaaay back when I was living in Texas and A&M tried to buy Eric ****erson with a Trans Am plus numerous other goodies. SMU paid more so he went there. He excelled at SMU and later became a the HOF NFL RB.

****erson kept BOTH cars in college because TAMU couldn't admit doing what they obviously did. SMU on the other hand ended up getting what was equivalent to the NCAA death penalty. TAMU with its HUGE connections got nothing.

TAMU has been cheating for almost a century. They are one of the Original OGs. Paul "Bear" Bryant brought cheating to A&M way back in the 50's then took it with him when he went to BAMA. Neither one of them should be pointing fingers at anyone. They were two of the 1st. But I'm sure it goes back further than them.

IF the NCAA wants to put a limit on NIL ...then they should also put one on Coaching salaries. Since restricting either one make no sense and would only be due to envy and pure jealousy. As every Wharton grad knows...just let the market sort it out

@MainLineCane . Agree with every word you wrote. I also think you can't cap NIL or player pay at this point. If you do that, then the bag money will start up all over again.

One point of clarification -- the market does need some rules or you'll get a guy like Bear Bryant who has 100+ kids on roster to keep them away from other programs. Regulation isn't bad per se, and unregulated markets often get monopolized or cartelled. It needs to be about creating fair competition and good governance.

Now do you guys see why Saban is pushing so hard for restrictions??

NIL being the Wild West chaotic open market that it is actually levels the playing field & throws a monkey wrench in the Monopoly that Bama has had on recruiting...

Notice he didn’t say anything about UGA or LSU historically buying players, why do you think that is?

Just remember, the two coaches who are the most against NIL is Saban & Dabo, so what does that tell you?

Where are allllll the posters on this board that said Bama was going to run nil, bruce young got a million oh no 1 can compete with them or that.

In literally less than 4 months....the supposed GOAT is crying..scared. I mean the man is crying about an HBCU and throwing in Miami basketball.

Even he knows there is only so much NIL that can be reciprocated where he is in Alabama..and it's not sustainable for his Roster to control the kids that he has because now they will be making more than most. It's why he ran away from the nfl he is a control freak. Big school like bama and hes crying about only getting 25 guys nils...we have walk ons getting a piece.

Jimbo Fisher about to be on hisazz, Deion Sanders definately about to light his ***, I for sure hope Um is all over his *** an gets to Fox sports to air him since ESPN is in his pockets for the most part. History saw a Jayson William's the basketball player light him up though.

Man I just hope he players have as much fight in them come game day as the coaches now.

Advertisement

U guys nailed it. I thought bama would run NIL cause of the fan base increase because of the success. How the **** did they get the number two class? Are they using his old tactics?

What a dummy Nick is..he usually controls his emotions when it comes to the media.
No doubt, brother. Even his bowling ball headed slurper (Finebaum) is shocked that Sabag couldn’t control his emotions and went public. He now has left himself open to all kinds of repercussions, including legal ones, according to Ruiz.

tumblr_mk77r7hOl61rvn2ylo1_400.gifv

Larranaga gonna stomp Saban's *** for that one.

Advertisement
I'm just saying guys lose and look bad. In cfb though all u have to do is stack three years in a row and then u become a machine if u can sustain that type of stacking. It's a pretty simple formula and Mario knows it.
Butch, Jimbo, and Mario. All have a common thread. Great at recruiting. Average on game day. The results speak for themselves.

Advertisement
Texas A&M have been "world class" cheaters for eons.

I remember waaaaay back when I was living in Texas and A&M tried to buy Eric ****erson with a Trans Am plus numerous other goodies. SMU paid more so he went there. He excelled at SMU and later became a the HOF NFL RB.

****erson kept BOTH cars in college because TAMU couldn't admit doing what they obviously did. SMU on the other hand ended up getting what was equivalent to the NCAA death penalty. TAMU with its HUGE connections got nothing.

TAMU has been cheating for almost a century. They are one of the Original OGs. Paul "Bear" Bryant brought cheating to A&M way back in the 50's then took it with him when he went to BAMA. Neither one of them should be pointing fingers at anyone. They were two of the 1st. But I'm sure it goes back further than them.

IF the NCAA wants to put a limit on NIL ...then they should also put one on Coaching salaries. Since restricting either one make no sense and would only be due to envy and pure jealousy. As every Wharton grad knows...just let the market sort it out
Pernille Harder Football GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

Butch, Jimbo, and Mario. All have a common thread. Great at recruiting. Average on game day. The results speak for themselves.
But u can win a title when u stack even if your an average HC. Recruiting is more important at this level. If your elite at it u can win. If your elite at x and os u won't win a title.

Advertisement
U guys nailed it. I thought bama would run NIL cause of the fan base increase because of the success. How the **** did they get the number two class? Are they using his old tactics?

I figured Bama had the boosters to funnel 10M+ immediately just based on their decades old bag system. I assumed they could get to the 20-30M range because of how much money the football operation produces for the school. But maybe they really do top out below that.

A&M has both the crazy fans and the big oil & gas money. I think they can't go punch for punch with any media-based program as long as they run their NIL companies legally. Georgia and LSU are lesser dogs, but they're still in the hunt.

I don't see Ole Miss, Auburn, South Carolina, Florida types having sustainable NIL funding at the levels we're talking about. I think the SEC as a whole really suffers now that bags are no longer relevant. Clemson and FSU as well, obviously.

The important question here, is this what finally pushes Saban into retirement and away from CFB?!?! I freaking hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back