Saban calls out Miami and aTm on NIL

Advertisement
What exactly does that guy do for Saban? I get that he is a bagman, I guess you mean he is the guy that literally hands the bags to the kids? Is he a HS coach in LA or something?
He’s a barber in Louisiana and yes, one of the things he has done since Saban came to LSU. is make sure kids get taken care with a car, money, gift cards, etc.

But he also dedicates his life to making sure kids in Louisiana without much needs have a chance. Whether this includes eating a proper meal at night, having a proper bed to sleep in, going to camps, etc.

Last edited:
Saban is ****ed for a few reasons...

Someone he felt had allegiance to himself as The Almighty Saban is telling him to match offers for recruits.

And why many might label said someone as a "bagman", that person sees himself as more of a father figure for the kids, and has always done what was "best" for the kids and that Saban never had much competition - that's why it might seem he was a 'Bama (and LSU) bagman". More importantly, said someone realizes that the game has changed, a bagman will become obsolete, and must reorganize as more of a NIL agent, and now there are more players at the table.

To boot, this temper tantrum came right after word got out that LSU TAF members held a somewhat emergency fundraising event to address A&M's NIL budget advantage for a new group that required a minimum $25,000 commitment (over 5 years) and that it supposedly went really well. I would guess that Saban is ****ed that now Alabama is well behind not only A&M but possibly LSU.

But Saban didn't say that. Instead he just said a bunch of BS, targeting 3 programs. That really ****es people off. Not only is what he said complete BS, but also what he said about how they do things at Alabama was complete BS.

IMO this has a lot to do with Louisiana. Saban losing Louisiana would be devastating for him.
So pretty much the bagman we thought that was Saban's was actually moreso a ln SEC freelance bagman and Saban is mad?

Advertisement
Kirby has been pretty quiet about the NIL situations. there is a UGA collective called "Classic City Collective" and it is headed up by a former UGA compliance administrator.

Kirvby did speak briefly last week on Finebaum's show:

“I just want to make sure that the game stays at a point where we can control it,” said Smart, who worked for Saban for 10 years at Alabama and with the Miami Dophins. “I’m all for the players. We’ve had a lot of players getting opportunities with name, image, likeness. I would just like it where a decision isn’t based on where ‘I’m going to the highest bidder.’ If we could control that some kind of way, it would be much better.”

Control, at the moment, is nowhere to be found.
Basically, put a salary cap on it so we can still have our bagmen and cherry pick.

True story. There was this one kid growing up. He was a year older than me and my best friend. He would mouth off to us in elementary school and start **** all over the place when we were in the 5th grade and then run and get his older bigger friends after us and they’d threaten us as he stood back and laughed. They’d even go after us and we’d fight them.

One day we caught him alone at Polo Park. If you’re old school Miami Beach, you knew the place… right by Coach Tarsay Kuchalakos’ bench.

So you know what happened. We beat his *** like the rat snitch ***** he was. He ran and got his friends and we ran away. A kid older than his friends stopped us and asked us what’s going on and we explained it - you know - how this kid was a weasel rat snitch *****. He said let’s act like I caught you guys and I’ll bring you to them and then we’ll surprise them.

And he did. And we did. And we kicked all of their ******* asses. We never saw that older kid again but we never had a problem with the weasel rat or his friends again.
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

Advertisement
He’s a barber in Louisiana and yes, one of the things he has done since Saban came to LSU. is make sure kids get taken care with a car, money, gift cards, etc.

But he also dedicates his life to making sure kids in Louisiana without much needs have a chance. Whether this includes eating a proper meal at night, having a proper bed to sleep in, going to camps, etc.
Wait… is that the same barber in Amite, LA who was Devonta Smith’s advisor?

Advertisement
So pretty much the bagman we thought that was Saban's was actually moreso a ln SEC freelance bagman and Saban is mad?
He’s definitely been exclusive to Saban until recently with the NIL evolving.

There’s also been a little point of contention in the past with how he operates - he has a tendency to back off kids that have active parents in their lives on focuses more on kids that need help. In Bama eyes that resulted in those kids not choosing Bama.

Advertisement
To boot, this temper tantrum came right after word got out that LSU TAF members held a somewhat emergency fundraising event to address A&M's NIL budget advantage for a new group that required a minimum $25,000 commitment (over 5 years) and that it supposedly went really well.

$25K a year?...or is that a one time installment?

And IMHO, I don't see the bagman becoming obsolete anytime soon, most of the NIL deals that I've heard about are chump change compared to what some of these kids get under the table.

$25K a year?...or is that a one time installment?

And IMHO, I don't see the bagman becoming obsolete anytime soon, most of the NIL deals that I've heard about are chump change compared to what some of these kids get under the table.
The new LSU group is a minimum $25K over 5 years commitment.

And I 100% agree with your bagman statement. I might not have said that the best way.

Advertisement
Back