Saban calls out Miami and aTm on NIL

Part 2. If any of you take it down a race rabbit hole or some other rabbit whole - tour out with an infraction and short term ban if that infraction doesn’t lead to a ban.

If the three of you who are supposed to be on forced ignore of each other - you know who you are - respond to about - anything regarding the other - same thing including that ban.

Stop the ****ery already.

Enjoy the thread - Saban stepped in it.
Said it before and I'll say it again. Look at the guys who are complaining.. Then look at the programs we KNOW have been dropping bags like crazy for years. I'd be crying too if the fairly exclusive competitive advantage I enjoyed for years that made me a legend disappeared overnight.

Advertisement
Said it before and I'll say it again. Look at the guys who are complaining.. Then look at the programs we KNOW have been dropping bags like crazy for years. I'd be crying too if the fairly exclusive competitive advantage I enjoyed for years that made me a legend disappeared overnight.
You'd think UAB would have a bigger problem with it than Bama.

Interesting back story on Nick and Jimbo's relationship... Apparently some who know them both felt this confrontation was likely long overdue...

Highlights:

-It often felt to some observers that there were two groups at SEC coaches meetings — the Nick Saban guys and the others.

“Everybody’s kissing Saban’s *** like a big fraternity,” said one former SEC coach. “In the breaks (between meetings), all the Saban people are laughing and joking like they were brothers.”

Many believed that Jimbo Fisher and Saban had that sort of dynamic, the master and apprentice who worked together to build LSU into a national champion in 2003, before Fisher went on to win a championship as head coach at Florida State 10 years later and become one of the highest-paid coaches in the game. From the outside, there appeared to be a healthy dynamic between two powerful college football elder statesmen.

-“There was (friction) all the time,” said one staffer who worked with both coaches at LSU. “Will (Muschamp) and Kirby (Smart) and all the defensive guys all bowed down to Nick, but Nick depended on Jimbo a lot. But Nick is so hard on his (offensive coordinators). They were always at each other’s throats.”

-“Oh, it ain’t like Nick and Kirby,” one former LSU position coach said. “There is no love lost between Nick and Jimbo — at all.”

-Saban is a man built on process and details. And some of those didn’t sit quite right with Fisher. “Jimbo complained about everything Nick wanted to do,” said one staffer.

“Jimbo would complain about things Nick would say or do and always talk about the Bowdens,” another staffer said. “Jimbo was big on the Bowdens, and he just couldn’t stand what Nick was trying to do.”

-The tension between the two stemmed from Fisher’s belief that Saban’s philosophy limited his offense. Saban is also a notoriously demanding boss.
Saban spent all day scripting the practice and then gave Fisher 10 minutes to script 80 plays. Fisher had to give the offensive script to Saban and then the defense got to run the entire series knowing the offense’s script. Whenever it would be offense versus defense, Fisher did everything in his power to win. He’d draw up trick plays or adjust outside of the purpose of the drill.

“Jimbo would try to pencil-whip Nick to win the drill,” a staffer said. “And Nick would say, ‘That’s not what it’s about. We’re trying to get better getting ready for an opponent. That’s not how they’re gonna do it in a game.’”

- Saban’s offensive philosophy in those days was about shrinking the game, reducing mistakes and allowing his defense to win it. And Saban likes to manage every little detail. They’d often agree on the amount of snaps for a certain formation or a certain amount of runs, and sometimes Fisher would stray from that. The problem was Saban could remember exactly what they were supposed to do.

“Jimbo wanted to run all these fancy plays,” a staffer said. “Jimbo is an ‘offensive guru.’ … He wanted to showcase his playbook, and that was the biggest argument between those two.”

- When asking former staffers what Fisher was referencing when he said in Thursday’s rant, “Just go ask the people that work for him; you’ll know exactly what he’s about,” many say he was referring to the demanding lifestyle of working for Saban.

Assistants had to be there before Saban and were expected to be there until after he was gone. It was a constant grind of recruiting and coaching, and then they’d sit in the film room after practice as Saban listed all the things that could be corrected or improved upon. One assistant coach said his son played high school football in Baton Rouge and he saw him play a total of one and a half games.

“Everybody has a tremendous amount of respect for him, but that’s why most guys can’t work for him more than two years,” the coach said. “They all say that **** about, ‘He wants you to only work two years.’ Bull****. That’s about all you can take.”

The shock at the Wednesday-Thursday exchange between the two exists on both sides. Some were frustrated with Saban. “Glass houses,” one coach said. “Don’t throw rocks.” Another said: “C’mon guys. It’s like the mafia. Don’t go out there and talk about it. And he was wrong for making those broad-stroke accusations.”
Others were annoyed by Fisher’s emotional rebuttal. “It’s just Jimbo being Jimbo,” a former coach said. Another said: “It was all so predictable. He just couldn’t let it go and think like, ‘Ha ha, ***** him. I got his ***.’

The biggest question remains "Why did Saban feel compelled to make those comments?" Multiple sources told The Athletic they think Saban was making excuses for being beat in recruiting.

Seems like the overall feeling is “Some things are just better left unsaid.”

"When asking former staffers what Fisher was referencing when he said in Thursday’s rant, “Just go ask the people that work for him; you’ll know exactly what he’s about,” many say he was referring to the demanding lifestyle of working for Saban."

There is no friggin way in **** that innuendo was about Satan's demands on their work/life balance. That was in direct response to Satan suggesting Jimbo was paying players illegally. He was all but saying Satan would make the assistants do illegal recruiting activities. "get the kid signedno matter what it takes".

Who the fvck wrote this for the Atalantic? These guys aren't journalists at all. Just press on the sore a tiny bit and the pus will ooze out here. JFC, I am ****ed out how pathetic the media has become.

Advertisement

Interesting back story on Nick and Jimbo's relationship... Apparently some who know them both felt this confrontation was likely long overdue...

Highlights:

-It often felt to some observers that there were two groups at SEC coaches meetings — the Nick Saban guys and the others.

“Everybody’s kissing Saban’s *** like a big fraternity,” said one former SEC coach. “In the breaks (between meetings), all the Saban people are laughing and joking like they were brothers.”

Many believed that Jimbo Fisher and Saban had that sort of dynamic, the master and apprentice who worked together to build LSU into a national champion in 2003, before Fisher went on to win a championship as head coach at Florida State 10 years later and become one of the highest-paid coaches in the game. From the outside, there appeared to be a healthy dynamic between two powerful college football elder statesmen.

-“There was (friction) all the time,” said one staffer who worked with both coaches at LSU. “Will (Muschamp) and Kirby (Smart) and all the defensive guys all bowed down to Nick, but Nick depended on Jimbo a lot. But Nick is so hard on his (offensive coordinators). They were always at each other’s throats.”

-“Oh, it ain’t like Nick and Kirby,” one former LSU position coach said. “There is no love lost between Nick and Jimbo — at all.”

-Saban is a man built on process and details. And some of those didn’t sit quite right with Fisher. “Jimbo complained about everything Nick wanted to do,” said one staffer.

“Jimbo would complain about things Nick would say or do and always talk about the Bowdens,” another staffer said. “Jimbo was big on the Bowdens, and he just couldn’t stand what Nick was trying to do.”

-The tension between the two stemmed from Fisher’s belief that Saban’s philosophy limited his offense. Saban is also a notoriously demanding boss.
Saban spent all day scripting the practice and then gave Fisher 10 minutes to script 80 plays. Fisher had to give the offensive script to Saban and then the defense got to run the entire series knowing the offense’s script. Whenever it would be offense versus defense, Fisher did everything in his power to win. He’d draw up trick plays or adjust outside of the purpose of the drill.

“Jimbo would try to pencil-whip Nick to win the drill,” a staffer said. “And Nick would say, ‘That’s not what it’s about. We’re trying to get better getting ready for an opponent. That’s not how they’re gonna do it in a game.’”

- Saban’s offensive philosophy in those days was about shrinking the game, reducing mistakes and allowing his defense to win it. And Saban likes to manage every little detail. They’d often agree on the amount of snaps for a certain formation or a certain amount of runs, and sometimes Fisher would stray from that. The problem was Saban could remember exactly what they were supposed to do.

“Jimbo wanted to run all these fancy plays,” a staffer said. “Jimbo is an ‘offensive guru.’ … He wanted to showcase his playbook, and that was the biggest argument between those two.”

- When asking former staffers what Fisher was referencing when he said in Thursday’s rant, “Just go ask the people that work for him; you’ll know exactly what he’s about,” many say he was referring to the demanding lifestyle of working for Saban.

Assistants had to be there before Saban and were expected to be there until after he was gone. It was a constant grind of recruiting and coaching, and then they’d sit in the film room after practice as Saban listed all the things that could be corrected or improved upon. One assistant coach said his son played high school football in Baton Rouge and he saw him play a total of one and a half games.

“Everybody has a tremendous amount of respect for him, but that’s why most guys can’t work for him more than two years,” the coach said. “They all say that **** about, ‘He wants you to only work two years.’ Bull****. That’s about all you can take.”

The shock at the Wednesday-Thursday exchange between the two exists on both sides. Some were frustrated with Saban. “Glass houses,” one coach said. “Don’t throw rocks.” Another said: “C’mon guys. It’s like the mafia. Don’t go out there and talk about it. And he was wrong for making those broad-stroke accusations.”
Others were annoyed by Fisher’s emotional rebuttal. “It’s just Jimbo being Jimbo,” a former coach said. Another said: “It was all so predictable. He just couldn’t let it go and think like, ‘Ha ha, ***** him. I got his ***.’

The biggest question remains "Why did Saban feel compelled to make those comments?" Multiple sources told The Athletic they think Saban was making excuses for being beat in recruiting.

Seems like the overall feeling is “Some things are just better left unsaid.”

Interesting as I don't know if it's just some revisionist history since Bobby is dead or it just didn't appear to be so but I never remember thinking that Cuckbo was THIS close the Bowdens. Everything that has emerged since yesterday makes Bobby look almost like a father-figure and idol to Cuckbo.

Interesting as I don't know if it's just some revisionist history since Bobby is dead or it just didn't appear to be so but I never remember thinking that Cuckbo was THIS close the Bowdens. Everything that has emerged since yesterday makes Bobby look almost like a father-figure and idol to Cuckbo.
Bowdens ran a train on Candi too.

#Fingercuffs

Sleep tight snootchie bootchies

Advertisement
Bowdens ran a train on Candi too.

#Fingercuffs

Sleep tight snootchie bootchies
images

Prime has him by the balls and he’s squeezing the dust out of those mofos right now lol. Prime said this morning that “These coaches forget I know which ones are dropping bags and who’s doing the delivering”.

He also mentioned something else I found interesting. He said ole Nickie wasn’t talking to him. He wasn’t talking to Jimbo. He wasn’t talking to Travis. He wasn’t talking to JSU. He wasn’t talking to Miami.

He said ole Nickie was talking to boosters, alumni and givers. Said he was asking for money, but he used Jimbo & A&M, JSU, Travis, Miami and himself to do it.

Prime has him by the balls and he’s squeezing the dust out of those mofos right now lol. Prime said this morning that “These coaches forget I know which ones are dropping bags and who’s doing the delivering”.

He also mentioned something else I found interesting. He said ole Nickie wasn’t talking to him. He wasn’t talking to Jimbo. He wasn’t talking to Travis. He wasn’t talking to JSU. He wasn’t talking to Miami.

He said ole Nickie was talking to boosters, alumni and givers. Said he was asking for money, but he used Jimbo & A&M, JSU, Travis, Miami and himself to do it.
Not sure how others feel but was kinda disappointed in Sanders' reply- especially when juxtaposed with his first tweet responding to Sabag.

Was expecting something much stronger and for him to do a media tour. So far have only got that one set of comments and no real appearances.

You'd think it would behoove him and JSU to make as big a deal as possible about this otherwise people with ulterior motives are going to assume he actually doesn't really want a spotlight on Hunter's deal or anything else there.

Not sure how others feel but was kinda disappointed in Sanders' reply- especially when juxtaposed with his first tweet responding to Sabag.

Was expecting something much stronger and for him to do a media tour. So far have only got that one set of comments and no real appearances.

You'd think it would behoove him and JSU to make as big a deal as possible about this otherwise people with ulterior motives are going to assume he actually doesn't really want a spotlight on Hunter's deal or anything else there.
Not me. I think he’s handled it perfectly because it’s not going away anytime soon. He’s in a great position currently and he knows it.

Advertisement

不,但我昨晚吃了没有煎饼的木薯虾,还有一些中国烧烤烤猪肉和乌龙茶。

@Cane47

No Money No Honey, so no celebration on my end. 😥

BUT ..... if you ever make it back to South Florida and want some great Asian food check out the below place in Lauderdale Lakes (Broward County).

It's Take Out only and it's a little hole in the wall. But the place was packed with people waiting and the food was delicious.
Reminded me of that "Soup" episode on Seinfeld, except these people were friendly. 😉

Gou Lou Cheong Chinese Barbeque
4139 North State Road 7
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida 33319
Tel: 954-739-7377

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back