Rutgers drops Miami

Advertisement
Add LSU in 2019 and play in Miami...

I like this idea

Again, think this through. Use the brain God gave you. You think any P5 team has an opening next year? Schedules are made many years in advance. We'll be lucky to get a decent G5 school.

Miami already has lsu in 2018.

I just like the idea because I go to school in Louisiana and they actually think they have better football talent in state than Florida does particularly Miami is my concern cause I'm from Liberty City. This has given me a great disdain for LSU and the state in general as it pertains to football, I wasn't really stating it could actually happen.

Advertisement
Obviously the AD will be able to replace Rutgers with a quality team or he wouldnt have agreed to the buy out.

Obviously the AD will be able to replace Rutgers with a quality team or he wouldnt have agreed to the buy out.

There was no agreeing to their buy-out. We had a contract with them. Per the contract, they could cancel the contract and pay us $100k. This is not an ask permission situation or having to consent to their cancellation.

There was no agreeing to their buy-out. We had a contract with them. Per the contract, they could cancel the contract and pay us $100k. This is not an ask permission situation or having to consent to their cancellation.

ahhhh ok thanks for clarifying

Advertisement

That's 100% incorrect. The AD can disagree all he wants, they would still drop us. I know in your part-time job as fryboy you don't get much business experience, so let the adults speak when it comes to grown-up matters like contracts.

I don't think you're reading the schedules correctly.

They don't have slots open.

You're not counting the conference games ... Which will be 9 games. 9+3 is 12 games.

When you do your search, you have to back out the conference games. The easy way to do it is to look for teams that only have 2 (or less) OOC games scheduled. That means they have an opening.

That's 100% incorrect. The AD can disagree all he wants, they would still drop us. I know in your part-time job as fryboy you don't get much business experience, so let the adults speak when it comes to grown-up matters like contracts.

I was already informed of how it works thanks.... :diaf:

* drops fries *

Advertisement

You're not counting the conference games ... Which will be 9 games. 9+3 is 12 games.

When you do your search, you have to back out the conference games. The easy way to do it is to look for teams that only have 2 (or less) OOC games scheduled. That means they have an opening.

I just count, if it adds up to 12 (minus the conf champ game), there's no opening.

The only one I looked at that might have one is OK State (mentioned by another poster), they only have one cupcake listed, so it makes me think they have another cupcake in their back pocket. I have a feeling that they would not want to schedule us as an OOC game. Too hard for them.

I was already informed of how it works thanks.... :
* drops fries *

Yea, I'm sorry you couldn't figure that out on your own.

What are you, like 12? If so, I'm sorry for being so hard on a kid.

I was already informed of how it works thanks.... :
* drops fries *

Yea, I'm sorry you couldn't figure that out on your own.

What are you, like 12? If so, I'm sorry for being so hard on a kid.

:hammock-1: :backyard-pool:

Advertisement

Yeah this got pointed out a while back. I took USC off the list. I missed their ND game each year.

Unless we get one of those Week 1 special kickoff games like the Chick fil a Classic or something that money is most likely going to some scrub team to come to Miami.

I doubt many Power 5 teams have openings and are willing to play Miami.

Correct. Every P5 team already has their schedule set for 18/19.

Best we can hope for is something similar happens to another P5 team, but trying for a G5 is more realistic, even though they have their schedules set also.

I don't think people realize what a shītty position this puts us in. We're talking next year's schedule here. Those fat Jersey fūcks screwed us at the last minute.

Yep... We'll be stuck with a weaker strength of schedule.

By losing Rutgers off our schedule? We could pick up almost anyone and our SoS would be about the same. I get our schedule taking a hit if LSU bailed, but this is Rutgers we're talking about.

Personally, I liked the App State game last year. It gave us a good chance to beat the snot out of a team ontheir field, that had just taken a mighty SEC team to the limit. We should check to see who is playing against the SEC so we can beat them worse.

Idk. I think it gets worse based on choices/options available but we'll see if it matters.

Advertisement
Back