Rutgers drops Miami

SIAP.....I live about 45 minutes from Rutgers and do alot of business where they are located, so do hear not directly from the horses mouth.....but close to it.

Rutgers was a pretty good program under Schiano.....probaly better than us at that time....they tried to make the step to the bigtime with scheduling tough OOC and joining the big ten.....problem was they didnt have Schiano's recruits anymore and are abysmal now.......they need wins and actually the coach came right oit and said we need to start scedulding to win, so we can draw recruits like they use to get (IIRC Schiano had oen year withe 3 first rounders)....problem is that those Jersey kids are going back to Penn State now.

Say what you will about Schiano.....but when the U was in the Big East, I'd of course go to the U-RU games....Rutgrs was a doormat back then.....Schiano made them a ranked team.

BTW.....WE BACK!

Schiano made Rutgers relevant by scheduling crap OOC, and then dominating a watered down Big East. Rutgers scheduled Miami in the first place, because they needed to play some teams with a pulse, in order to justify spending over 100 million dollars renovating that stadium. Miami has a huge alumni presence in the northeast, so a game would have been a bonanza for Rutgers.

I hate to say it, even when this program was down, Miami would have rolled Rutgers. Let's cut the nonsense, Rutgers was a smoke and mirrors show, and we saw what happened when Rutgers couldn't count on having six guaranteed wins before the season even started. Schiano sold them a bill of goods, and then bailed at the first available opportunity.

Schianol was scheduling Big Ten and ACC teams; Michigan State, North Carolina, etc.....sure there were a few doormats......we do the same thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back