Rutgers drops Miami

Advertisement
We should schedule the Cleveland Browns. Get Urb real nervous when we destroy a team in his own backyard.

Advertisement
USF appears to be booked, but what about UCF in 2018 (Sept. 1 or 8 in Miami) and 2019 (Aug. 31 in Orlando)?

An occasional (i.e., two games every 8-10 years) home-and-home with Central Florida or South Florida wouldn't be a bad thing.

Orlando and Tampa are good enough secondary recruiting areas to justify games every so often in either place.

SIAP.....I live about 45 minutes from Rutgers and do alot of business where they are located, so do hear not directly from the horses mouth.....but close to it.

Rutgers was a pretty good program under Schiano.....probaly better than us at that time....they tried to make the step to the bigtime with scheduling tough OOC and joining the big ten.....problem was they didnt have Schiano's recruits anymore and are abysmal now.......they need wins and actually the coach came right oit and said we need to start scedulding to win, so we can draw recruits like they use to get (IIRC Schiano had oen year withe 3 first rounders)....problem is that those Jersey kids are going back to Penn State now.

Say what you will about Schiano.....but when the U was in the Big East, I'd of course go to the U-RU games....Rutgrs was a doormat back then.....Schiano made them a ranked team.

BTW.....WE BACK!

SIAP.....I live about 45 minutes from Rutgers and do alot of business where they are located, so do hear not directly from the horses mouth.....but close to it.

Rutgers was a pretty good program under Schiano.....probaly better than us at that time....they tried to make the step to the bigtime with scheduling tough OOC and joining the big ten.....problem was they didnt have Schiano's recruits anymore and are abysmal now.......they need wins and actually the coach came right oit and said we need to start scedulding to win, so we can draw recruits like they use to get (IIRC Schiano had oen year withe 3 first rounders)....problem is that those Jersey kids are going back to Penn State now.

Say what you will about Schiano.....but when the U was in the Big East, I'd of course go to the U-RU games....Rutgrs was a doormat back then.....Schiano made them a ranked team.

BTW.....WE BACK!

Schiano made Rutgers relevant by scheduling crap OOC, and then dominating a watered down Big East. Rutgers scheduled Miami in the first place, because they needed to play some teams with a pulse, in order to justify spending over 100 million dollars renovating that stadium. Miami has a huge alumni presence in the northeast, so a game would have been a bonanza for Rutgers.

I hate to say it, even when this program was down, Miami would have rolled Rutgers. Let's cut the nonsense, Rutgers was a smoke and mirrors show, and we saw what happened when Rutgers couldn't count on having six guaranteed wins before the season even started. Schiano sold them a bill of goods, and then bailed at the first available opportunity.

Remember those Rutgers/USF/UConn battles for Big East titles? Yeah. That was a **** conference.

Advertisement
Thankfully under the new regime those were not going to be interesting games. Glad they are gone. Hopefully we can replace them with a real team with the balls to play us. Otherwise, I'm just as happy watching us beat on some similar B squad with the 100k than I would have been watching us against those chumps.

Regardless of what you think of Rutgers, that was a Big 10 team in the NY/NJ TV market. Please explain what high-quality replacement options we will get with 18 months before the first of the 2 games.

Advertisement
Thankfully under the new regime those were not going to be interesting games. Glad they are gone. Hopefully we can replace them with a real team with the balls to play us. Otherwise, I'm just as happy watching us beat on some similar B squad with the 100k than I would have been watching us against those chumps.

Regardless of what you think of Rutgers, that was a Big 10 team in the NY/NJ TV market. Please explain what high-quality replacement options we will get with 18 months before the first of the 2 games.

See post 53.

Advertisement
Remember those Rutgers/USF/UConn battles for Big East titles? Yeah. That was a **** conference.

You left out Louisville and WVU. It was a legit conference back then. In 2006 Rutgers beat the same Louisville team that we lost to 31-7

You left out Louisville and WVU. It was a legit conference back then. In 2006 Rutgers beat the same Louisville team that we lost to 31-7

That's not really saying much. Miami went 7-6 in 2006. The Big Least post Miami, VT and BC was a joke. WV had that one team with Pat White that almost made a run and Louisville had a 2-3 year run where they were a really good squad but in reality, a majority of the conference was a bunch of teams that would finish near the bottom of the other BCS conferences at the time.

Advertisement
Back