Rutgers drops Miami

There is nothing good for the B1G (i.e., OSU* and Mich.) in having Rutgers play UM. Creates more risk than upside for relative strength of schedule and ranking comparisons. Also, penn State and Ohio State have to want to keep UM away from the NJ for recruiting purposes.

Advertisement
Surprised that the fee to break the deal on such short notice (in football scheduling timelines) is only $100K. I wonder if that is a standard amount.

Advertisement
Unless we get one of those Week 1 special kickoff games like the Chick fil a Classic or something that money is most likely going to some scrub team to come to Miami.

I doubt many Power 5 teams have openings and are willing to play Miami.

Unless we get one of those Week 1 special kickoff games like the Chick fil a Classic or something that money is most likely going to some scrub team to come to Miami.

Correct. Every P5 team already has their schedule set for 18/19.

Best we can hope for is something similar happens to another P5 team, but trying for a G5 is more realistic, even though they have their schedules set also.

I don't think people realize what a shītty position this puts us in. We're talking next year's schedule here. Those fat Jersey fūcks screwed us at the last minute.

Advertisement
Can we schedule a second game with the Gayturds in 2019, just to kick their a$$ twice?

Seems like $100k is too little for the headache this is causing us.

Advertisement
Surprised that the fee to break the deal on such short notice (in football scheduling timelines) is only $100K. I wonder if that is a standard amount.

The contract was originally signed in 2009, indicating how far in advance these are set. We could schedule UMASS and Whipple. They played three SEC teams last year. The away game would be held in Foxborough.

Correct. Every P5 team already has their schedule set for 18/19.

Best we can hope for is something similar happens to another P5 team, but trying for a G5 is more realistic, even though they have their schedules set also.

I don't think people realize what a shītty position this puts us in. We're talking next year's schedule here. Those fat Jersey fūcks screwed us at the last minute.

Yep... We'll be stuck with a weaker strength of schedule.

Advertisement
Add LSU in 2019 and play in Miami...

I like this idea

Again, think this through. Use the brain God gave you. You think any P5 team has an opening next year? Schedules are made many years in advance. We'll be lucky to get a decent G5 school.

Yep. And, this is exactly the reason we end up playing teams like App St on the road. A late cancellation leaves UM with very few attractive options.

Advertisement
Back