Rumors: Pruit Gone as DC at UGA

It's funny how some people conflate brash egomaniac guy with a southern twang with being a good coach. A lot of times these pricks just end up being corches that are always blaming someone or something else. "Y'all" really think that a guy like Pruitt is more of an alpha male than a guy like Dantonio- a polar opposite public personality?

Georgia's defense went from 84th to 16th in scoring defense in his first year. They slipped to 35th this year (still pretty good) because the offense is one of the worst in the country.

The guy can coach.

I mean he's decent but he's not Pat Narduzzi as a DC. And Miami has ZERO business hiring a college coordinator it's a freaking terrible idea.

Oh and Strong sucks too.

Advertisement
It's funny how some people conflate brash egomaniac guy with a southern twang with being a good coach. A lot of times these pricks just end up being corches that are always blaming someone or something else. "Y'all" really think that a guy like Pruitt is more of an alpha male than a guy like Dantonio- a polar opposite public personality?

Georgia's defense went from 84th to 16th in scoring defense in his first year. They slipped to 35th this year (still pretty good) because the offense is one of the worst in the country.

The guy can coach.

Maybe so, but I think there are better DC's out there.

The guy can coach.

I mean he's decent but he's not Pat Narduzzi as a DC. And Miami has ZERO business hiring a college coordinator it's a freaking terrible idea.

Oh and Strong sucks too.

UGA has played these offenses:

57th
97th
91st
Southern
49th
47th
126th
83rd

Against the 2 offenses in the top 50 they gave up 38 pts each.

UGAs D ranking is bad for the offenses they have played.

The guy can coach.

Oh and Strong sucks too.

I don't want Pruitt as a hc but you should do some research. Every single year Pruitt has been a DC he has had a better scoring defense than Pat's teams. Pruitt's work to improve them from 79th to 16th in scoring defense (from 13 to 14) is very impressive.

Half our fanbase choses coaches they like based on how he looks, talks and tweets.....

Kiffin, Kingsbury, Strong, Pruitt, Leach all fall into this category.

Saban is a blah bland 5'6 guy. D'Antonio is a stoic reserved dude. Chip Kelly and Gary Patterson are pseudo autistic.

"Pseudo autistic"

Spot on! Hahahahahaha.....

Advertisement
The defense is ranked 27th and the offense is ranked 70th.

The buzz is that there's a power struggle. Pruitt came in and tried to take control of the program. I talk to someone with a relative on the team, and he says that Pruitt is the guy who the players respect.

FWIW, UGA has played 2 decent offenses and gave up 38 in both.

They were on the field the entire game. UGA is getting walk-on caliber play at quarterback.

So, you gonna dig your heels in on your guy? Or, are you willing to admit that he has some maturity issues that are major red flags for a HC?

He reminds me of Lane Kiffin ... Who I like as a HC candidate. But had to acknowledge he still has some growth areas ...

And who cares what UGA has on offense?

Mizzou still plays good D, even though their offense sucks ...

Pruitt is not close to being ready for a HC gig

The maturity issues are definitely a red flag. The guy is an alpha. He should go to a program like UCF where he can call the shots and show what he can do.

UCF or USF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back