Rumors: Pruit Gone as DC at UGA

Advertisement
Someone help me here, I thought he did a good job at UGA? I honestly dont know because from eye test they struggled in games that mattered but when I mentioned a couple weeks back I was told he was doing a good job and it was backed with stats. I dont follow UGA enough to dispute but this seems very weird. Is there any other reason for this, maybe some background stuff? Why fire a coach who is doing decent enough

Advertisement
There is talk that pruitt was having issues with several people at uga and people in charge wanted richt to take care of it.

If i rember i think they said it was a few problems going on With a couple ofcoaches there. There was some talk about issues with pruitt and jimbo and that's why he left after one season but not sure if true.

Last edited:
Hmm....looks like I'm not the only one who is unimpressed with him at UGA.

He made it clear he is no fan of defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

Tarkenton said Pruitt won’t be a head coach at Georgia or anywhere else ever.
“I think he has come over and been very boisterous, been very loud,” Tarkenton said. “I think he’s taken advantage of things over there. He personally has hired four of the assistant coaches over there including the weight guy. I’m not a great fan of Jeremy Pruitt. That has not been a good, workable solution.

Advertisement
Dude keeps getting run out of SEC jobs but people here want him. Why?

Because he's good. But there are problems with him and the AD. AD @ UGA don't like him because Pruitt called him out on something that was promised.

"Took a dump on richts desk. I have confirmation that this did or did not take place. I can not say or not if it did or didn't happen. Then again it could have been Schotty or someone else maybe.
Good grief, more people say they know something but no one will say anything. I don't believe anyone anymore. I am going to learn to write in cryptic verse so I can post anything I want and not say anything but act like I know WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON."

from TOS

He's very overrated. He inherited a top 5 defense at FSU and maintained it yet everyone acts like he built and recruited that unit. He's only been at UGA for 21 games and has given up 30 points/400 yards 8 or more times already, some of those numbers to really ****** offenses with NFL talent all over the place. **** UF's pathetic offense has hit him up for 676 rushing yards the last two years and we can't even manage that against our FCS cupcakes. We were averaging like 3 ypc in the SEC prior to that game.

Also, he's not being scapegoated. He's basically attempting to do to Richt what Fisher did to Bowden. He came in demanding all sorts of changes to the programsand after his first year had his agent dangling his name out there for jobs to get more money and more power. He's angling to be named HCIW and push Richt out sooner than later which is causing a lot of issues on the team. Apparently the other coaches there want him gone too.

Advertisement

“I think he has come over and been very boisterous, been very loud,” UGA and NFL Hall of Famer Tarkenton said. “I think he’s taken advantage of things over there. He personally has hired four of the assistant coaches over there including the weight guy. That has not been a good, workable solution.” Tarkenton made it clear he is no fan of defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.”

Athens, GA -- Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton, quarterback of Georgia’s 1959 SEC championship team, isn’t shy about sharing his views. That was the case again Tuesday when he made an appearance on a radio sports talk show in Atlanta and was highly critical of the atmosphere inside Georgia’s football coaching staff and a program he said “is in trouble.”

Coach Mark Richt’s job security has been questioned with his team losing three of the last four games, including blowout losses to Alabama and Florida.

“This staff that is over there today — and I am going to be very kind about it — it is not functioning properly,” Tarkenton said on WCNN 680 The Fan’s Chuck and Chernoff show. “I think the culture there of the staff is not functioning properly. As we all know Mark Richt is a good, fine, wonderful person. I think there are things going on inside of his staff that are unsavory. If you don’t have your whole staff and your whole organization of respect and understanding the roles of everybody, things happen badly. …We’ve got troubles in our program over there that needs to be fixed. It’s not about play-calling, it’s not about a defense-calling. It’s about a culture that has the right culture of love, respect, together.”

Richt was asked Tuesday if he had to deal with disharmony or dissension on his staff.

“Not really,” he said. “You know, everything — there's always things that happen in the heat of the battle and all that in every game. I think if you put a microphone on every — if you've got a play caller upstairs and you're calling a game and every word was recorded, you know, there would be like people get hot about this, that or the other, but it's just typical game-day type stuff. But we've had no issue there."

Tarkenton was the first former Bulldog letterman to commit to a six-figure contribution to raise funds for Georgia’s $30 million indoor football practice facility. He said he is close to the school and UGA president Jere Morehead. He made it clear he is no fan of defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

Tarkenton said Pruitt won’t be a head coach at Georgia or anywhere else ever.

“I think he has come over and been very boisterous, been very loud,” Tarkenton said. “I think he’s taken advantage of things over there. He personally has hired four of the assistant coaches over there including the weight guy. I’m not a great fan of Jeremy Pruitt. That has not been a good, workable solution.”

Tarkenton called the loss to Florida a “total disgrace.

He was critical of starting seldom-used quarterback Faton Bauta in that game.

“Bauta is just awful,” he said. “He’s in an uncomfortable position. When you have three quarterbacks that have proven they can’t play, you’ve got to alternate them and hope one of them during the game can come up and play.”

Tarkenton said “as long as Mark Richt is the coach, I support Mark Richt, but I think there are discussions going on.”

He said athletic director Greg McGarity knows best and will make the proper decision.

People are evaluating things, I imagine Mark is evaluating things,” Tarkenton said, “but this is not a good situation, it’s a bad situation at my alma mater.”

Advertisement
The defense is ranked 27th and the offense is ranked 70th.

The buzz is that there's a power struggle. Pruitt came in and tried to take control of the program. I talk to someone with a relative on the team, and he says that Pruitt is the guy who the players respect.

The buzz is that there's a power struggle. Pruitt came in and tried to take control of the program. I talk to someone with a relative on the team, and he says that Pruitt is the guy who the players respect.

if he does get fired.. do you think hes a DC at high D-1 level team next year?

His entire career is a myth built on the shoulders of Kirby Smart and Mark Stoops

Everybody has sources I guess but I've heard the opposite. The defensive players supposedly don't like him very much. He's been in near fist fights with some of the other coaches also. The article with Tarkenton mentions it but Pruitt has hired more than a few coaches personally. It's basically a battle of Richt's guys vs. Pruitt's guys on staff.

Advertisement
Back