Rumors: Pruit Gone as DC at UGA

Someone help me here, I thought he did a good job at UGA? I honestly dont know because from eye test they struggled in games that mattered but when I mentioned a couple weeks back I was told he was doing a good job and it was backed with stats. I dont follow UGA enough to dispute but this seems very weird. Is there any other reason for this, maybe some background stuff? Why fire a coach who is doing decent enough

He did a good job vs us that is for sure. He made changes on the spot and i think he would be a great hire as the D cord for us . Send No d back to nj on a bus

Advertisement
The defense is ranked 27th and the offense is ranked 70th.

The buzz is that there's a power struggle. Pruitt came in and tried to take control of the program. I talk to someone with a relative on the team, and he says that Pruitt is the guy who the players respect.

FWIW, UGA has played 2 decent offenses and gave up 38 in both.

The offense sucks, no doubt about it, but the defense gets shredded by any offense with a pulse, and some without (Tennessee), and they have for 2 years under Pruett.

The buzz is that there's a power struggle. Pruitt came in and tried to take control of the program. I talk to someone with a relative on the team, and he says that Pruitt is the guy who the players respect.

Everybody has sources I guess but I've heard the opposite. The defensive players supposedly don't like him very much. He's been in near fist fights with some of the other coaches also. The article with Tarkenton mentions it but Pruitt has hired more than a few coaches personally. It's basically a battle of Richt's guys vs. Pruitt's guys on staff.

Wish we would of had him all year so he could of knocked Golden on fat ***

They were on the field the entire game. UGA is getting walk-on caliber play at quarterback.

Advertisement

They were on the field the entire game. UGA is getting walk-on caliber play at quarterback.

So, you gonna dig your heels in on your guy? Or, are you willing to admit that he has some maturity issues that are major red flags for a HC?

He reminds me of Lane Kiffin ... Who I like as a HC candidate. But had to acknowledge he still has some growth areas ...

And who cares what UGA has on offense?

Mizzou still plays good D, even though their offense sucks ...

Pruitt is not close to being ready for a HC gig

So, you gonna dig your heels in on your guy? Or, are you willing to admit that he has some maturity issues that are major red flags for a HC?

He reminds me of Lane Kiffin ... Who I like as a HC candidate. But had to acknowledge he still has some growth areas ...

And who cares what UGA has on offense?

Mizzou still plays good D, even though their offense sucks ...

Pruitt is not close to being ready for a HC gig

The maturity issues are definitely a red flag. The guy is an alpha. He should go to a program like UCF where he can call the shots and show what he can do.

Hmm....looks like I'm not the only one who is unimpressed with him at UGA.

He made it clear he is no fan of defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

Tarkenton said Pruitt won’t be a head coach at Georgia or anywhere else ever.
“I think he has come over and been very boisterous, been very loud,” Tarkenton said. “I think he’s taken advantage of things over there. He personally has hired four of the assistant coaches over there including the weight guy. I’m not a great fan of Jeremy Pruitt. That has not been a good, workable solution.

Tarkenton is old and senile

Their QB play is definitely an embarrassment.

Advertisement
Pruitt is a grade A prick, and so is Schottenheimer. The two of them butted heads. Pruitt thinks he is hot ****, Tarkenton is right, guys like that talk themselves out of jobs before they even get in the door.

Pruitt comes off as a total scumbag. Richt isn't a scapegoater. He's held onto coordinators much longer than he should have in many cases. Willy Martinez comes to mind.

Pruitt is a dirtball trying to make moves to steal Richt's gig. You can't have a guy like that around the organization.

Advertisement
Word out of UGA is he was paying players and had a confrontation with Richt as his home recently.

The offense sucks, no doubt about it, but the defense gets shredded by any offense with a pulse, and some without (Tennessee), and they have for 2 years under Pruett.
Truth. D$ loves him some Pruitt for some reason. Even suggested him as a candidate to be our next HC.

Advertisement
Dude keeps getting run out of SEC jobs but people here want him. Why?

Because he's good. But there are problems with him and the AD. AD @ UGA don't like him because Pruitt called him out on something that was promised.

That will get you fired, but I don't have a problem with it. I don't have serious opinion about him. I want a guy who will run our old 4-3 react first defense. If Butch wants this guy then fine. The new HC hire is what matters. That and him getting enough budget for proper staff he wants.

Dude keeps getting run out of SEC jobs but people here want him. Why?

Is getting fired from one SEC job qualify as "keeps getting run out?"

Didn't FSU run him out for something -- not fired just eased on down the road. Thought I heard something about chasing Coeds.

Interesting. I never heard that FSU fired/ran him off. After one season?

I am no source for it, just remember hearing something, Probably on here -- don't read much else about football except our beloved site.

Hmm....looks like I'm not the only one who is unimpressed with him at UGA.

He made it clear he is no fan of defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

Tarkenton said Pruitt won’t be a head coach at Georgia or anywhere else ever.
“I think he has come over and been very boisterous, been very loud,” Tarkenton said. “I think he’s taken advantage of things over there. He personally has hired four of the assistant coaches over there including the weight guy. I’m not a great fan of Jeremy Pruitt. That has not been a good, workable solution.

Tarkenton is old and senile

They should ask him if he still thinks blacks aren't smart enough to play qb

Truth. D$ loves him some Pruitt for some reason. Even suggested him as a candidate to be our next HC.

It's amazing with the talent Ga has that D is so meh, and they're taking backup qb's from Va

Advertisement
Back