Rumors: Pruit Gone as DC at UGA

He'll land another gig, but it'll be mostly on reputation. I have no clue why anyone thinks Pruitt is good. At Bama he coached DB's which is the position Saban personally coaches. So in other words he was the waterboy there. He then inherits a top 5 defense at FSU with experienced NFL talent all over the place and held serve. And now his time at UGA has been mediocre at best. This guy was coaching HS DB's three years ago and now everyone acts like he's an elite coordinator, it's baffling.

Advertisement
The offense sucks, no doubt about it, but the defense gets shredded by any offense with a pulse, and some without (Tennessee), and they have for 2 years under Pruett.
Truth. D$ loves him some Pruitt for some reason. Even suggested him as a candidate to be our next HC.

I'm a fan of ambitious, abrasive scumbags. They make great head coaches.

Muschamp and kiffin like this.

So does Meyer, Saban, Spurrier, Miles, Harbaugh, Carroll, Jimmy Johnson....should I keep going?

The offense sucks, no doubt about it, but the defense gets shredded by any offense with a pulse, and some without (Tennessee), and they have for 2 years under Pruett.
Truth. D$ loves him some Pruitt for some reason. Even suggested him as a candidate to be our next HC.

I'm a fan of ambitious, abrasive scumbags. They make great head coaches.

Muschamp and kiffin like this.

So does Meyer, Saban, Spurrier, Miles, Harbaugh, Carroll, Jimmy Johnson....should I keep going?

Sure. I was trying to be a snarky ***** but you're just being an *****.

Besides, you're wrong on half of those guys.lulz

Their offense sucks. Its like the dolphins against New England. The D can force FGs and punts but eventually the field gets against you, mentally break downs and fatigue. This is different from El Foldo blaming the offense for scoring too quickly etc. They are straight going 3 and out and losing yardage

Advertisement
Not bothered by a nasty DC. Way better than the donut eating, recipe talkin, Confucius, Jerzy slime ball, POS, Golden Protein shake drinking SOB we have now

Is Pruitt the same guy that coached that nasty FSU defense? If so that's a coach I want. F**k Mark richt bich ***, still don't like the way he dissed us on espn.

Advertisement
It's funny how some people conflate brash egomaniac guy with a southern twang with being a good coach. A lot of times these pricks just end up being corches that are always blaming someone or something else. "Y'all" really think that a guy like Pruitt is more of an alpha male than a guy like Dantonio- a polar opposite public personality?

It's funny how some people conflate brash egomaniac guy with a southern twang with being a good coach. A lot of times these pricks just end up being corches that are always blaming someone or something else. "Y'all" really think that a guy like Pruitt is more of an alpha male than a guy like Dantonio- a polar opposite public personality?

I was just going to post the same concept. Dudes get all lathered up over that southern twang and big mouth ego routine. Just because you're a **** with a twang doesn't mean you're a great coach or a guy who can lead other coaches and players.

Pruitt's a fcking motherfcking big mouth is what he is.

I was just going to post the same concept. Dudes get all lathered up over that southern twang and big mouth ego routine. Just because you're a **** with a twang doesn't mean you're a great coach or a guy who can lead other coaches and players.

Pruitt's a fcking motherfcking big mouth is what he is.

Exactly. Bielema is trying to play that role now (even though I think he's from the freakin midwest) and it even worked for a while with people that slurp up that caricature.....until it didn't.

Advertisement
Is Pruitt the same guy that coached that nasty FSU defense? If so that's a coach I want. F**k Mark richt bich ***, still don't like the way he dissed us on espn.

That guy is Mark Stoops.

What did Mark (Richt or Stoops) say?

My bad, I misunderstood what you were asking. Stoops built & coached that nasty def at FSU, and said he needed to win more games when asked about the Miami job.

I don't know what BDC was talkin about with Richt... Richt said just the other day in that he loves the U, but they haven't contacted him.

That guy is Mark Stoops.

What did Mark (Richt or Stoops) say?

My bad, I misunderstood what you were asking. Stoops built & coached that nasty def at FSU, and said he needed to win more games when asked about the Miami job.

I don't know what BDC was talkin about with Richt... Richt said just the other day in that he loves the U, but they haven't contacted him.

I'm talking about when FSU won the NC, I think it was Pruitt that came in and changed the defense around.

Mark Richt dissed us so bad on espn one day when asked about the Miami job. He said, that he'll coach at Miami with a lil smirk on his face, and everyone started laughing.

Advertisement
Half our fanbase choses coaches they like based on how he looks, talks and tweets.....

Kiffin, Kingsbury, Strong, Pruitt, Leach all fall into this category.

Saban is a blah bland 5'6 guy. D'Antonio is a stoic reserved dude. Chip Kelly and Gary Patterson are pseudo autistic.

Georgia's defense went from 84th to 16th in scoring defense in his first year. They slipped to 35th this year (still pretty good) because the offense is one of the worst in the country.

The guy can coach.

Since I'm a stats type of guy & I like Stoops, I went back to look... Stoops was DC for FSU 2010, 2011, 2012. Their scoring D went from 94th the year before he got there to top 10 his 2nd and 3rd years. And they hadn't been good on D for years. Pruitt came in and they went from 6th to 1st, but his second year they dropped like a rock to 52.

Stoops obviously has had his issues at UK, but imo he's 5x the defensive coach that Pruitt is.

Florida St year-by-year records / rankings
mcubed PFPG PAPG
Year Rank Rank Rank Score W L T GWF BLF OW% OOW%
2014 2 35 52 1.861 13 1 0.788 -0.024 54.5 56.0
2013 1 2 1 2.137 14 0 0.877 -0.000 49.0 54.6
2012 13 10 6 1.259 12 2 0.646 -0.264 49.6 52.7
2011 34 39 4 0.571 9 4 0.386 -0.544 46.8 52.1
2010 19 33 20 1.095 10 4 0.601 -0.264 56.3 54.3
2009 40 32 94 0.509 7 6 0.479 -0.543 59.2 53.2
2008 24 22 27 0.942 9 4 0.622 -0.373 57.9 54.3
2007 51 91 35 0.243 7 6 0.318 -0.695 50.9 55.0
2006 40 45 38 0.483 7 6 0.443 -0.581 55.6 51.1