Rumor: Butch Davis contacted

Real Canes fans don't give AF what the 16yrs of losing losers want. Hence wanting the 2000-2002 beast back

"Real Canes" are pretty much dumbasses who actually don't remember the Butch era all that well. That is why you have to cite two years where he wasn't the coach. Not the years of playing down to competition. Getting embarrassed. Blowing big leads. Being owned by Frank Beamer. Never ever feeling like you had the "coaching advantage"

Advertisement
I was not big on bringing Butch back before we hired richt. But that was because he's been out of coaching. Him being at FIU is encouraging because he wasnt sitting on his *** . Babers is still my #1 but I'd wouldn't mind taking Butch back now that the rust is off. If he's good that perfect if He sucks he probably retires in another 3 years like richt did.
Fair point.

Butch gets a lot of deserved **** for his coaching but that was also over 15 years ago.

If you aren’t stubborn as **** like Richt you actually can learn things when you’re older.

Advertisement
And what exactly has Mario accomplished to be the #1, I didn't realize he'd done anything above average
Absolutely nothing. Dino Barber or Mike Leach are much better hires. Pete on the podcast saying Kiffin is a perfect fit. WTF!

Davis is old. Babers and Leach are 3 years from 60 themselves. Get Mario with a strong staff, or get Neal Brown/Matt Campbell/Norvell.

Absolutely nothing. Dino Barber or Mike Leach are much better hires. Pete on the podcast saying Kiffin is a perfect fit. WTF!
I like Pete but they are going by personalities cool guys, we need an ******* and Butch is a secretive ******* like Urban and those other guys. They play nice but the grimey af on the trail

I like Pete but they are going by personalities cool guys, we need an ******* and Butch is a secretive ******* like Urban and those other guys. They play nice but the grimey af on the trail

No one thinks Urban is even fake nice. So what are you talking about?

Advertisement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Davis
University of Miami
Davis was hired as the head football coach at the University of Miami in January 1995.[1] Not long after Davis' arrival, the Hurricanes were found to have committed several violations of NCAA rules during the tenure of his predecessor, Dennis Erickson.[2] As a result, the Hurricanes were barred from postseason play in his first year (despite an 8–3 record) and lost 31 football scholarship spots over several years. Davis earned a 51–20 record during his tenure as head coach. During Davis' final year as head coach, the Hurricanes finished 11–1, their best season since coming up one win short of the 1992 national championship. Despite finishing second in both human polls, a quirk in the Bowl Championship Series formula resulted in the Hurricanes being shut out of that year's national championship game, the 2001 Orange Bowl. The Hurricanes were passed over in favor of the Florida State Seminoles, even though the Seminoles had lost to the Hurricanes that year when a last-second field goal attempt sailed wide right. The Seminoles ultimately lost the Orange Bowl to the Oklahoma Sooners 13–2. The snub ultimately led the BCS to add a "quality win" bonus to its formula, which gave extra credit for beating a top-ten team. The Hurricanes earned recognition from the American Football Coaches Association for outstanding graduation rates in each of his six seasons at Miami.

Numerous professional football players were coached or recruited by Davis in his time at Miami, such as Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne and Jeremy Shockey.

dumbasses who actually don't remember the Butch era all that well. Getting embarrassed. Blowing big leads. Being owned by Frank Beamer. Never ever feeling like you had the "coaching advantage"
Yes, Dunning-Kruger moronic dumbasses always "forget" that Butch was hit with massive sanctions immediately, his first year. These insolent insect children aren't old enough to remember, so Wikepedia is needed to help them. They then "forget", once sanctions wore off, Butch went 11-1, robbed of title.

That is why you have to cite two years where he wasn't the coach.
Right, the same Kruger conveniently also "forget" that the 2001-2002 team was 100% built by Butch and a carry over from 2000. That the great "national champ" coach Larry Coker, who won with Butchs players, turned out to be a god awful head coach when the Butch effect wore off and was subsequently FIRED for tanking the program. After a short disastrous stint at USTA, the great "2001-2002" coach was completely ejected from coaching.
The same absolute morons think that Barry Switzer is as good or better than JJ, because he too won a superbowl title. Their little insect brains wont admit it was purely with JJs players and when the JJ effect wore off, the coach was exposed for the POS he is.

Way too old . **** no. But I am not too concerned there is no way **** james will bring Butch back.

"Real Canes" are pretty much dumbasses who actually don't remember the Butch era all that well. That is why you have to cite two years where he wasn't the coach. Not the years of playing down to competition. Getting embarrassed. Blowing big leads. Being owned by Frank Beamer. Never ever feeling like you had the "coaching advantage"
This guy ain't got a ***ing clue, man, there is no way you played this game, no way

The young people here make me laugh criticizing Butch and his age. The main thing is he is an accomplished head coach, recruiter, and has an eye for talent. I'm basically his age and I deal 100% with the senior market. IT SHOWS YOUR TOTAL STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE toward wisdom, experience, & life. Butch would be a great hire for abput 3-5 years and would be VERY INEXPENSIVE. He would hire the talented assistant coaches too. He also has excellent knowledge of the high school coaches here. HE HAS SUPER BOWLS AND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE TOO.

Advertisement
Makes sense. Butch or Babers for me. Want Manny to cut his teeth at Temple first. Think Mario is just trying to squeeze more $$$$$ out of Phil Knight.

“Former players, meanwhile, have continued to push for Davis, who is coming off 8-5 and 9-4 seasons his first two years on the job at FIU. Davis, a source said, has already been contacted.

This is per a Manny Navarro article on The Athletic.

I was told it was the other way around..... He contacted Miami...

Advertisement
Butch is the only option

Butch loves this U, has major recruiting connections in south Florida , done a great job recently , still has fire

And oh ya, built the greatest college football team in history

He could step right in tonight and be at home. The importance of that is huge.

He should have been hired 3 years ago. Hopefully Miami will not mess up this time.

Hes fried when it comes to coaches diaz would be such a disaster its like having MR same ****
Manny might end up being a good head coach but I want to see him prove it somewhere else first.

It’s how I felt about Mario. Not hyping him up but dude had a decent first year at Oregon and is recruiting machine. He’s definitely not my first choice but he might be able to pull it off.

Not sure though.

Advertisement
Back