Rumor: Butch Davis contacted

its true. i still think mario is #1 choice though.
guys this is a quick hire. we have to finish a recruiting class, put a staff together, talk upper classmen into staying, some kids into not transferring, its bad timing.

In all honesty, Mario is better off staying in Oregon. He is not a builder. Let Butch, the great builder since the dude with the pyramids, come here recruit the crap out of it for 3 or 4 years, win a NC. Then he can hand the reins to the kingdom over to Mario.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So it appears the top 3 candidates are: Mario, butch and rex ryan....im not mad about thag but if Mario says no I'll be ****ed if leach wasn't contacted

Advertisement
But if Dino or Cristobol get hired we would hear BBB after every loss. Hire Butch. Fire him in year 4 then see who is out there.

It’s almost win/win because even if he tanks or loses to both UF and FSU next year, it would be entertaining watching his cult on here not know what to do

its true. i still think mario is #1 choice though.
guys this is a quick hire. we have to finish a recruiting class, put a staff together, talk upper classmen into staying, some kids into not transferring, its bad timing.
Much rather Butch than Mario, I'm just not quite sold on the guy yet, at FIU 6 years had 2 decent years and 4 bad ones, went from 8-5 to 3-9. Butch went 8-5 and 9-4, still rather have Butch

Advertisement
Are both 67 or not? Saban in title game, Belichick in playoffs. BOTH 67

Bruh our situation and theirs isn’t even close to the same. Now had Saban been 67 when he got to Bama then it’s valid.

And the other thing being no coach that has returned to a previous job has had similar or greater success.

Advertisement
So it appears the top 3 candidates are: Mario, butch and rex ryan....im not mad about thag but if Mario says no I'll be ****ed if leach wasn't contacted
First, let me apologize for doubting you in that other thread about Richt retiring. We hear so much nonsense floated, I instinctively chalked up your info as rumormongering.

Second, if this is our top 3, I'd be fine with Mario or Butch, but Rex Ryan is a true head scratcher. Has he ever fielded a coherent offense? Does he even have a history of recruiting? I'd avoid him like the plague, he's too risky.

Butch isn't coming back for conference titles when he left at 11-1 and robbed of NC

Maybe he should seeing how it has been 18 years since he won his one. He might want to know what that feels like before moving on to national titles.

I’ll take Butch ...

... Just to see if the BBB crew stops posting or goes the excuses route when the hot tub time machine doesn’t work.

Nope. If he it’s bad hire I’ll be the first in line for the plate of plate of crow. A lot of people say we would’ve had #6 or #7 had he stayed. After 15 years of torment, I just think its time to answer that question once and for all. If he fails, he will be out in 3-4 like rest of them. And we will move on.

#WinOrDie

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back