Rosier article

“ Great”? He was awful the vt game, you can’t be this biased or blind bro. VT had like 4-5 turnovers , I know he had a few picks and at least one fg. Rosier used his legs pretty good but his qb play was god awful. Thank god VT had a Fr qb that was even worse.

The d and turnovers won that game.

The takeaways alone is what made last year possible , it was an unreal amount. And you can’t depend d on thirty something turnovers yearly.
How many points did the defense score? You can't win if you don't score points. And it's not like the turnovers gave us short fields. All of them happened on our side of the 50. The two Turnovers that led to scores were 56 and 61 yards.

We had 4 scoring drives of 87, 69, 56, and 61 yards, with almost no run game outside of Homer's 1 long run and a lot of Rosier using his wheels to move the chains. He ran for 5 first downs in that game and ended with 84 yards rushing.

And there were 3 teams last season with as many or more turnovers forced than we did. It was not an "ungodly" amount. The 2001 Championship team forced 45 in 11 games, and NOBODY credits turnovers as the main reason they were successful.

Advertisement
wow, when did CIS become Canesport lite?

infractions for player bashing? I didn't know telling the truth was player bashing. if someone disagrees with my characterization of Rosier's play as trash they can always put their two cents into the conversation.
Two cents into your account..

Funny how the whole board cans spend an entire offseason trashing Rosier, but as soon as you mention that Brad Kaaya only ever beat one team that finished the season ranked and that he never won a game in which we trailed going into the 4th quarter, suddenly the thread gets locked.
Clown, we talking about 2018 stuff. Put your encyclopedia up with all that historical stat bs. We living in the now. We trying to build a new dynasty. A lot of fans and recruits dont remember the
Down the stretch he beat an NC State team on the road that took FSU and eventual national champ Clemson down to the final seconds and a Pitt team that was ranked and had beaten Clemson.

He may have been up and down most of his career here, but played lights out from midway through the Irish game til the end of the season.
Wtf???? Lights out from ND til the end, must be sarcasm

How many points did the defense score? You can't win if you don't score points. And it's not like the turnovers gave us short fields. All of them happened on our side of the 50. The two Turnovers that led to scores were 56 and 61 yards.

We had 4 scoring drives of 87, 69, 56, and 61 yards, with almost no run game outside of Homer's 1 long run and a lot of Rosier using his wheels to move the chains. He ran for 5 first downs in that game and ended with 84 yards rushing.

And there were 3 teams last season with as many or more turnovers forced than we did. It was not an "ungodly" amount. The 2001 Championship team forced 45 in 11 games, and NOBODY credits turnovers as the main reason they were successful.

30 + turnovers is an ungodly amount dude, everyone knows that.

We scored because on short fields and some big runs. Deejay and Homer had long runs and VT had multiple turnovers in their own territory.

We went 9-4 the previous year with a better offense and a better defense. Like I said the only difference was 18 turnovers versus 30 + turnovers.

That’s it in a nutshell , there’s nothing else to go off of. Turnovers is what made last year possible .

I know you can’t depend on turnovers every year to be a good team. That’s why I know we need way more consistency from Rosier, it was either big play or nothing. Which is why we struggled keeping drives alive.

I seriously don’t get your blind slurping of Malik, but every knock on him is justified and fair. And that’s from former coaches , former players , current players and media. He’s the guy everyone mentions when discussing if we can be a good team or a great. His play needs to improve or we’ll continue to be a 9-10 win team.

OH and JT wanting to leave should open your eyes a little , and he’s not the only guy that felt that way. Running wide open all game and rarely getting an accurate ball is frustrating.

I’m rooting for the guy , he’s the best option right now , but his play must improve or it’ll be a wasted season. There’s too much talent on this team.

We scored because on short fields and some big runs. Deejay and Homer had long runs and VT had multiple turnovers in their own territory.

We went 9-4 the previous year with a better offense and a better defense. Like I said the only difference was 18 turnovers versus 30 + turnovers.

That’s it in a nutshell , there’s nothing else to go off of. Turnovers is what made last year possible .

I know you can’t depend on turnovers every year to be a good team. That’s why I know we need way more consistency from Rosier, it was either big play or nothing. Which is why we struggled keeping drives alive.

I seriously don’t get your blind slurping of Malik, but every knock on him is justified and fair. And that’s from former coaches , former players , current players and media. He’s the guy everyone mentions when discussing if we can be a good team or a great. His play needs to improve or we’ll continue to be a 9-10 win team.

OH and JT wanting to leave should open your eyes a little , and he’s not the only guy that felt that way. Running wide open all game and rarely getting an accurate ball is frustrating.

I’m rooting for the guy , he’s the best option right now , but his play must improve or it’ll be a wasted season. There’s too much talent on this team.

I dont Think anyone said his play doesn’t need to improve. Everyone knows that, the fact is people act like he can’t which is ludicrous. Let’s see what he does with more depth on offense . People tend to dismiss the fact that his number 1 receiver Ahmmon Richards was hurt for the entire year and even in games he played wasn’t healthy.

Advertisement
3220 pass yd. 10 best in UM history.
26 tds. Tied with Vinni86 & Kaaya2014 for UM record. Second in ACC.
31 total TDs, besting Vinnis record of 30.
The bad,, 300th rated NCAA QB.
All with mediocre line play. I'm glad he Won the starting job..

I dont Think anyone said his play doesn’t need to improve. Everyone knows that, the fact is people act like he can’t which is ludicrous

Dude I haven’t talked about Rosier and his bad play in months , it is what is. I’ve actually been quite positive about him and said if he improves just a little we can win 10 + games. Ive also said he’s the best option for the position . But i get tired of folks ripping Kayaa every thread , that’s the only reason I’ve been in these threads with this debate. They’re in two different positions , from staff, surrounding talent and defense.

Rosier was a game manager that was told not to lose the game. They didn’t even want him throwing across the short,middle of the field because he is so inaccurate.

Kayaa was thrown in the fire as a true Fr and told to carry the show. Remember “ Kayaa the Messiah”? The last two years it was all on him.

Two competely different situations. Anyone that thinks the offense wouldn’t of been better with a better passing , more accurate , smarter qb with better understanding of the playbook is just nuts, and has an agenda towards dude.

People forget the offense was humming the last 5-6 games in 2016 , it was probably the best it’s been in years. I’d loved to seen BK with another year in the system and carrying that momentum over . But oh well, I’m done with this , I’ll let everyone bash Kayaa and keep my mouth shut.

No way we win two more games with BK at qb getting almost double the turnovers and FSU being awful.

Last edited:

All I said, in response to the comment that Rosier played "bad" against Virginia Tech is that he played well enough to win. He accounted for 3 of our 4 TDs and 282 of our 400 yards of offense. If bad is accounting for 3/4 of the offense and points, what the **** is everything else? How bad is it that Rosier runs for 36 yards down to the 2 to set up a first and goal, then Dallas runs for no gain on first and Homer loses three yards on 4th?

Yes. The defense played well, and the turnovers helped.

@Loose Cannon.... Oh and we had six takeaways against VT lmao. If you told Fuentes they were going to have six turnovers he’d saved the air fair and let the guys take the day off.

Six **** turnovers? There should’ve been a fifty burger easy , 28 points off of that is atrocious. Especially when you mix in the short fields.

Advertisement
We put up 429 yards of total offense against a team that averaged giving up 305, and people say we only won because of the defense. They refuse to give this dude an ounce of credit.

@Loose Cannon.... Oh and we had six takeaways against VT lmao. If you told Fuentes they were going to have six turnovers he’d saved the air fair and let the guys take the day off.

Six **** turnovers? There should’ve been a fifty burger easy , 28 points off of that is atrocious. Especially when you mix in the short fields.
4. 2 INTs, one each for Redwine and Johnson, and 2 fumble recoveries, One by McIntosh and one by Garvin.

And two of those happened with under 8 minutes to play and the game already in hand. We didn't attempt another pass.

Advertisement
He threw a dime to Berrios for the first touchdown of the game vs. ND, let's not get it twisted now.
images.jpeg

To cry so uncontrollably when we had a cement-footed QB who could do nothing to threaten a defense with his own legs or to open things up for the RBb a little as an actual threat in the read-option game and now to only judge Malik on his throwing and completely dismiss the big plays he made in the run game in big games makes you guys look like you're only **** bent on establishing your opinion for the 300000th time.

Very positive news coming from both areas where everyone thinks we will be weak. OL & QB. I really hope these two groups can be above average in the ACC. If so I think we play Clemson for a spot in the playoffs. Hopefully we get closer and closer every year until we take home that ugly crystal football.

Advertisement
3220 pass yd. 10 best in UM history.
26 tds. Tied with Vinni86 & Kaaya2014 for UM record. Second in ACC.
31 total TDs, besting Vinnis record of 30.
The bad,, 300th rated NCAA QB.
All with mediocre line play. I'm glad he Won the starting job..

this is a testament to Mark Richt's coaching ability.

We gotta have better than last year Rosier.

Seems more reasonable to me that another qb would be answer

I’ve been wrong before believe it or not

If Rosier got better and is the guy, let’s roll

/ I promise I’ll keep up w my own superstition and call for his benching every game this season again. It worked last year until I got overconfident and lazy. I almost blame myself for the late season dive.

We gotta have better than last year Rosier.

Seems more reasonable to me that another qb would be answer

I’ve been wrong before believe it or not

If Rosier got better and is the guy, let’s roll

/ I promise I’ll keep up w my own superstition and call for his benching every game this season again. It worked last year until I got overconfident and lazy. I almost blame myself for the late season dive.

Another QB would be the answer? It would have to be some kinda camp performance, because you're nuts if you think Richt is going to go with someone who hasn't started a game, vs. someone who went through the end of the GT game in the slop, or the FSU game on the road, or the atmosphere of the ND game. What would Perry or Jarren do in those environs? Who knows. But we do know what Rosier would do - cuz he did it.

Advertisement
Back