Rosier article

Advertisement
I'm yet to see one preseason article in the history of football where the writer says "Player X has gotten much worse in the off season". Everybody is new and improved until the live action starts. My heart wants to believe what I read but my head tells me otherwise. I'll be cautiously optimistic. I'm not expecting a huge improvement.

Are you crazy? He threw 4 picks vs vt and didn't do much in the passing game vs nd. He wasn't good and you still find a way to suck him off.

He threw a dime to Berrios for the first touchdown of the game vs. ND, let's not get it twisted now.

Glass half empty/full scenario. *If* true, thats great, wonderful. If true, where the f was this urgency, dedication to watching film, leadership, greater concentration, etc, etc, etc. the last 3 years? Or even just last year when he knew he was starter.
Proof will be in the pudding

Advertisement
Glass half empty/full scenario. *If* true, thats great, wonderful. If true, where the f was this urgency, dedication to watching film, leadership, greater concentration, etc, etc, etc. the last 3 years? Or even just last year when he knew he was starter.
Proof will be in the pudding
He has actual competition behind him now. Malik played best when his *** was in the jackpot last year (FSU final 2 drives, Ga Tech final drive, etc.). But when a lull came, there was no one behind him ready to compete. Now that he has 3 wolves that are foaming at the mouth for his spot, he has no choice but to excel at all times. And if he doesn't, then you throw one of the young bucks in. It's a win win

He wasn't good throwing in those games.

Agreed.

Having said that, I've been openly critical of Rosier (sometimes overly) and his shortcomings as a QB.

Given his attitude, I feel he has what it takes to prove me wrong and make me eat my crow (not like my opinion matters that much in a large spectrum).

But man, I really hope that I'm eating crow on him this year.

Advertisement
excessive player bashing
<<Yawn>>

Until he proves otherwise.....he trash!

I’ve been as hard as anyone on Malik but he’s the best option we have. If he improves just a little , maybe gets close to 60 %or so we’ll be ok.

He’s never going to be the most accurate guy and will have hot and cold stretches. Hopefully he just can avoid the bad stretches being over a quarter or half. Justin that alone will make the offense better.

Advertisement
It's all talk till the bullets start flying.

tumblr_m2ieztzUW51r2l739o1_400.gif

Are you crazy? He threw 4 picks vs vt and didn't do much in the passing game vs nd. He wasn't good and you still find a way to suck him off.

He threw 3 picks. And VT had the best secondary we faced all year. That said, if people are expecting Rosier to go 25-28 350 and 5 Tds then sit this season out and we will catch up in January. That's not who he is. By the skillset he has he had a good games against VT and ND. He made plays when he had to and managed both games the way Richt wanted. Like the poster said, we jumped on ND so fast we just played ball management in the second half.

That said, lets see how much he has improved this year. LSU will be a big test because that will be the best D he faces all year IMO besides the one he faces in practice everyday. Fulton being ineligible is a lot bigger then LSU fans want to let on. He was key to their secondary plans. So that helps Maliks cause here.

this is like when fighters tell you that they have had the best training camps of their lives and have never been in better shape.

Now, with that said, yeah, if Rosier can just be more consistently serviceable and just get the ball to UM's playmakers, this will make Miami a very formidable squad. Again, he's not great, never will be. The question is can be a better/improved version of himself?

And yeah, Jeff Thomas did actually want to bolt because of Rosier, lol

Advertisement
Absolutely. He was terrible against VT, especially. 11-22 for 202 yards and 3 picks (2 TDs) is not good. At all. He did run for 84 yards and a TD, however. But passing, he was dreadful. The running game (including him), defense, and crowd won that game.

IIRC, UM was up 14-0 late in the first half and then Rosier played some of the worst ball I have ever seen and it was 14-10 by the middle of the 3rd quarter and they had completely lost control of the game till Jacquan's INT. Rosier did hit some big plays to Herndon(for the TD) and then the deep post to Richards in the 4th. But he was bad in that game

I thought vs ND he played a good game(hit some key passes and made big runs) considering the game circumstances

IIRC, UM was up 14-0 late in the first half and then Rosier played some of the worst ball I have ever seen and it was 14-10 by the middle of the 3rd quarter and they had completely lost control of the game till Jacquan's INT. Rosier did hit some big plays to Herndon(for the TD) and then the deep post to Richards in the 4th. But he was bad in that game

I thought vs ND he played a good game(hit some key passes and made big runs) considering the game circumstances
Stop. Of our 4 TD's, Rosier accounted for 3. No he wasn't perfect, and yes he threw some picks, but saying he played bad in a game where we don't get a victory without him doing the things he did is a little over the top.

I’m not saying he was perfect last year, but in those two games he did what he needed to win both games and that’s all we can ask for.

Stop. Of our 4 TD's, Rosier accounted for 3. No he wasn't perfect, and yes he threw some picks, but saying he played bad in a game where we don't get a victory without him doing the things he did is a little over the top.

So you're saying he played well? OK

Advertisement
Back